mr-richard-andrew-boden

Mr Richard Andrew Boden

17th March 2020

Mr Boden was great throughout my whole consultation and procedure. I've just been back in for my 1 year check up and all is as it should be. Being under 50 yrs old i was nervous about having a total hip replacement. Before i had the operation Richard advised me to think about it and also went through several options and we also tried to see if my pain could be cured without the op. Several months later we all cam to the conclusion that I needed a total hip replacement. The procedure itself went great and my rehabilitation has also gone great. Mr Boden was thoroughly professional, a good listener and more importantly carried out the op with laser procession. I am pain free now and thank him for his treatment, advice and skill.

Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital
20th January 2020

Mr Boden did a hip replacement for me in 2018 and a half knee in 2019. He is pleasant to speak with, is interested in your comments, and just gives an overall calming feeling to the whole process. Despite the numbers of patients he must deal with, you always feel he remembers you. The proof is in the results - just off for an 8 mile country ramble ! If other joints pack in I know who to call. Many Thanks. Tony Archer.

2nd October 2019

A very sincere person, easy to talk to and uses layman's language making it easy for the average person to understand. A man clearly dedicated to his profession.

Written by a patient at Fulwood Hall Hospital
27th September 2019

My first hip replacement was carried out by Mr Boden four and a half years ago. When the second was required one year ago I specifically requested that Mr Boden do the surgery due to the pre-care, excellent work and aftercare that I received for the first replacement. The same pre-care, excellent work and aftercare was provided for the second replacement.

27th September 2019
Response from Mr Richard Andrew Boden

Many thanks, it was my pleasure and I’m glad to see you are back to full activity.

26th September 2019

Mr.Boden is very approachable. He explained, things at every step, was prepared to listen to my concerns, made me feel comfortable. My knee replacement has been very successful and has given me a new lease of life.

Richard Boden lives locally in Lancashire where he works as a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon. Richard is originally from South Yorkshire and trained at St Bart’s and The Royal London Hospital Medical School. He completed his basic surgical training in London before returning to complete his higher orthopaedic surgical training in the North West. Mr Boden completed a fellowship at Wrightington Hospital in complex hip and knee reconstruction before proceeding to the Cavendish Arthroplasty Fellowship in Sheffield. This prestigious fellowship gave outstanding experience of complex reconstruction of the hip and knee for severe bone loss, from infection or multiple previous hip and knee replacements. Richard Boden’s clinical interests are in hip and knee arthroplasty including complex primary, revision and complex revision surgery. He provides a sports medicine service with knee arthroscopy and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction. Richard has a keen academic background, with publication of numerous papers in European and American journals. He has presented papers nationally and internationally, receiving prizes for his work, including the John Charnley Trust Registrar Award, The Sir John Charnley Prize for best adult clinical paper, The Markland Tillotson Research Prize and a prize at the British Orthopaedic Association and Irish Orthopaedic Association combined meeting. Richard works closely, educating medical students and has the title of Honorary Senior Lecturer awarded from Univerity of Manchester for his work in this field. Richard has two young boys that take up majority of his spare time, but when able, he enjoys cooking, golf and skiing.

Short link to review Mr Richard Andrew Boden: http://iwgc.net/egafh