mr-riaz-agha

« 1 2 3 4 »

14th August 2020

Had a nerve repair surgery in my hand today, thankfully I was in the hands of Doctor Agha, and the amazing nurses and the support team. Made me feel at ease and ensured I was as comfortable as could be during the procedure. Nurses also took my mind off things by keeping me engaged in conversation. All in all very happy and grateful for the help and care I received.

26th June 2020

Mr. Agha was the Plastics Registrar for my breast surgery last November. I had returned to Bart’s and the Royal London 11 years after successful treatment for breast cancer. The goal of the surgery was to correct asymmetry which had developed over time. Prior to the surgery, I found Mr. Agha to be a good communicator, giving clear explanations about the procedures involved. During my time in hospital, I found his presence very reassuring. Every time I have met with him he has been both thorough and patient. He is also a very sincere, caring person. I am extremely pleased with my results and I have a final follow up still to come. I feel very fortunate that Mr. Agha has been part of this stage of my treatment, and would highly recommend him.

2nd April 2020

He performed a difficult and long operation to reconstruct a breast as a result of breast cancer. He was brilliant , he explains everything and all the things that could potentially go wrong (there was quite a long list and I was grateful he went through each one.). He came to see me everyday that I was in hospital and made constructive suggestions on getting me more mobile. I can't fault the care that he gave. I know he will make a great consultant soon and his career will go from strength to strength. I am disappointed that this form of elective surgery has temporarily stopped due to the corona virus as I feel that is very much needed for those that want it and are suitable for it. Hopefully he can do more of his marvellous work soon.

31st January 2020

He was very professional, and explained the procedure clearly and calmly.

26th January 2020

I met Dr Riaz Agha on the 22nd January the day of my Bilateral Breast Reconstruction with Expander+ADM. I was nervouse and apprehensive that this surgery would go ahead as this was my 5th date. Very much an emotional rollercoaster. I have to say upon meeting with Dr Agha I felt very much at ease and knew that on this day my operation would finally go ahead and that this would be the start of my new begining. He was very attentive and explained the whole procedure in detail which left me feeling reassured. He was patient and made me feel comfortable in the fact that I could ask questions or verify information given and not feel rushed. I found Dr Agha very respectful in both explaining what he was doing and asking permission before approaching me. He came to see me before leaving the hospital that evening and also popped in later the next day. I'm due to have my drains out tomorrow and hope to see him at the clinic for this procedure. Thank you Dr Dr Agha

« 1 2 3 4 »

• Plastic surgery

Riaz is a Plastic Surgeon and NHS Clinical Entrepreneur. He obtained his Certificate of Completion of Training in April 2020. In 2018, he completed his doctorate at Balliol College, University of Oxford where he was a Clarendon Scholar. His thesis was titled Evidence based Plastic Surgery. In 2010, Riaz was awarded a Scholarship from the National Institute for Clinical Excellence for his project on national surgical surveillance. He subsequently worked with the CQC to improve coverage and focus of their indicators for acute hospital services. Riaz graduated from Guy's, King's and St. Thomas' Medical School in London with distinctions and a 1st in his intercalated BSc in Anatomy. He has been awarded 50 academic prizes, published 150 scientific papers and given 150 presentations at national/international level. Riaz founded the International Journal of Surgery (IJS) which had an impact factor of 3.158 in 2018. He is a council member for the Section of Plastic Surgery at the Royal Society of Medicine with board level appointments to; the Elsevier Editorial System Advisory Board, Map of Medicine Fellows Board and the Association of Surgeons in Training. I sit on the Web Committee for the World Association of Medical Editors and have built two websites for NATO. He is formerly a Council Member for the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and an Ambassador for Enterprise UK. Riaz has been a Consultant on healthcare and technology to a member of the Joint Ventures Board of the Bank of Scotland, former Vice-Chairman of the Governing Council of University College London and the former Chairman of the Further Education Council. He was cited as an “inspirational entrepreneur” by The Rt. Hon. John Hutton MP, Former Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform at his keynote speech during Enterprise week 2007. In 2014 he was awarded Freedom of the City of London.

Nearest Plastic surgeons