mr-ravi-barod

13th May 2021

Excellent doctor , highly skilled and dedicated. He is committed to giving individualized best care and advice.

Written by a NHS patient at The Royal Free Hospital
9th April 2021

I found Mr Barod very understanding, helpful and above all very caring. As this was my second major surgery for cancer, Mr Barod had the expertise and knowledge on how to do this surgery. After the surgery he called my wife to explain how the surgery went which was of great comfort, especially as my wife could not be present due to COVID.

Written by a NHS patient at The Royal Free Hospital
27th March 2021

I was so lucky to have Mr Barod as my listed surgeon for my procedure. From the moment we first met with the initial consultation I felt he was the man for me and it certainly proved to be the case. Talking me through my extensive, 'Robotic Nephro-ureterectomy' procedure, I felt totally relaxed and filled with confidence, knowing that I had one of the best surgeons in the country. Ravi Barod has a great 'bedside' manner and he took me through every step of the operation and was there at my side during and after recovery answering every query that I had; and there were many. Ravi was also very considerate; calling my wife to inform her of my progress post surgery and putting her mind at rest. Even after my discharge from hospital, I had phone calls from Ravi, checking on my progress and was a great source of comfort after such an invasive procedure. Also, I hasten to add, Mr Barod has a brilliant support team at the 'Royal Free' in the shape of David Cullen and Marta Marchetti, whose organisation was seamless and impeccable. In closing, I would recommend Mr Ravi Barod for any appropriate surgery - you are in very safe and well experienced hands

Written by a private patient at The Royal Free Hospital
22nd February 2021

Mr Barod engendered confidence from our first interaction. At all stages he explained thoroughly what the condition was, the risks of the surgery and the steps needed for an effective recovery. He has a calm and friendly tone. A truly excellent consultant.

Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital
11th November 2020

Before I met Mr Barod I had been given a number of extremely complimentary reports about his ability. He became the lead consultant in my case. I could not be more grateful to him for all that he did. From the moment that he took charge, I, and my wife. were filled with a great sense of relief.He always took the trouble to explain everything in detail and discuss every aspect of my treatment and care, and he was never too busy or pre-occupied to discuss all of the options that were available and the implications. Two months later my health has improved dramatically and all is back to normal. Ravi Barod excels at what he does does and is a credit to his profession.His skill and expertise are second to none. I am indebted to him.

Mr Ravi Barod is a Consultant Urological Surgeon at The Specialist Centre for Kidney Cancer at The Royal Free Hospital. He is one of the highest volume kidney cancer surgeons in the UK. After completing his urological training in London, he undertook a two year robotic surgery fellowship, mentored by pioneers of the technique in Detroit, USA. While there, he mastered complex robotic surgical techniques and he has bought this unique expertise back to the UK. He has a strong and active track record in research and has completed a PhD investigating the molecular genetics of kidney cancer at University College London. He is dedicated to achieve outstanding patient care, driven by clinical and academic excellence.

Nearest Urologists