mr-rathnam-sundaram

Mr Rathnam Sundaram

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a private patient at Winfield Hospital
27th April 2021

I was in great pain and Mr Sundaram with the help of his Secretary, Jan, managed to get me in for kyphoplasty fairly quickly. I was able to stop taking pain killers from the day following the operation. The stitches came out today after two weeks. Already I am walking without pain and can bend too. A better result than I could have hoped for. I thoroughly recommend him.

20th April 2021

The care before during and after my surgery has been brilliant. I felt completely at ease and any questions I had were answered.

19th April 2021

i thought mr sundaram superb in every aspect pre med pre opp & post opp.no post opp problems at all but did not expect any under mr sundaram .WINFIELD Hospital all staff 5 stars. THANK YOU. JOHN VAUGHAN.

17th April 2021

Mr Sundaram explained very carefully all the risks associated with my back operation and used my MRI image to illustrate where my problem was and what he could do to help me. I was greatly assured by his knowledge of my condition and his assurance that he would do his best for me. My operation was a total success. Thankfully, I am now free of back and leg pain, sleeping well and looking forward to playing golf again.

Written by a private patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital
29th March 2021

Mr Sundaram performed my lumbar laminectomy and removal of a cyst in February. Before the operation my lower back was very painful and this radiated down my leg with nerve pain. It had a great impact on my daily lifestyle as the pain limited my ability to carry out everyday tasks. After the operation and the six week recovery period, I am now totally pain free and able to resume a normal lifestyle. I am extremely grateful to Mr Sundaram - he diagnosed the problem immediately and totally fixed me! I cannot recommend him enough.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Rathnam Sundaram was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Sundaram was appointed as a Consultant Trauma, Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon in Gloucestershire in 2010 and has received world class extensive training and experience. He graduated from the University of Leeds Medical School and trained in the Liverpool Region, Nottingham and Exeter. He is the Spinal Lead for Gloucestershire Hospitals and works very closely with his other 25 Consultant Orthopaedic colleagues as well the neurology and oncology specialists in the NHS and private sector. He also maintains a close relationship with the General Practitioners throughout Gloucestershire and the neighbouring counties as well as other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths, and knows how working with a team best helps patients’ recovery. Mr Sundaram’s practice consists of both emergency and elective spine conditions. The majority of the emergency work is for metastatic tumours, spinal fractures, spinal infections, cauda equina syndrome and progressive cord compression. The elective work is mainly for sciatica, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, scoliosis, cervical radiculopathy and myelopathy. More details are on his website www.itsmyspine.co.uk. Details of his practice data are also available on the national PHIN website https://www.phin.org.uk. He is recognised by all health insurance providers. Mr Sundaram undertakes more than 3000 patient consultations per year, making him the most experienced spine surgeon in Gloucestershire as his NHS and private practice exposes him to the vast array of both elective and emergency spine pathology. In 2015 Mr Sundaram was appointed as the Spine Lead in Gloucestershire NHS Foundation Trust. Since then, following the new guidelines there have been many positive steps forwards within the service development, such as - A reduction in the variation in spinal surgery - Lowered length of stay postoperatively - Reduced spinal implant costs, saving £400000 year on year since 2015 for the NHS Trust - A reduction in re-operation rates - A reduction in unnecessary spinal injections These achievements have led him to receive 3 Clinical Excellence Award, as well as being shortlisted for the People’s Choice Award and Team of the Year Award which he was delighted to be involved in. From November 2016, there has been a significant national change in the management of spinal disorders led by the Getting it Right First Time (GIRFT) project, NICE and the British Association of Spine Surgeon (BASS). This has led to better management of patients and the reduction of spinal procedures which have limited clinical benefits. This is not rationing by the NHS or by private insurance companies, but has been implemented to reduce ineffective procedures and improve the quality of the interventions we are delivering to further improve patient care. Mr Sundaram has received numerous testimonials from patients which are posted on his website http://www.itsmyspine.co.uk/testimonials/. Patients can also write reviews on the website ‘I want great care’ for any Consultant which he is thankful for the number of positive reviews on https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/mr-rathnam-sundaram. As Mr Sundaram has both an NHS and Private Practice, he is able to see all patients regardless of their financial situation. Patients who see him privately who’s insurance policy or funding has expired, or self-pay patients can easily transfer to the NHS under his care without a problem. Mr Sundaram has developed an excellent reputation over the years amongst his colleagues and patients and is determined to give the best quality of care to them. Mr Sundaram is a keen sportsman, he played national level tennis as a junior and plays regularly with his 2 children. He also enjoys running, gym work and Pilates.

Short link to review Mr Rathnam Sundaram: http://iwgc.net/efisn