Mr Rathnam Sundaram

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital
10th January 2020

After suffering pain for a couple of years and eventually having to give up work because of it, I was referred to Mr Sundaram at the Winfield Hospital who diagnosed spondylolisthesis and spinal stenosis. I had already tried physiotherapy which hadn't helped and no analgesics seemed to have any effect, so he suggested trying injections which relieved the pain for ten days but unfortunately did not give me long term relief. The only alternative was decompression and spinal fusion which I was quite nervous about (the thought of someone working so near to the spinal cord was not a pleasant one), but I have to say Mr Sundaram inspired me with the greatest confidence because it was obvious he knew exactly what he was talking about and I felt in safe hands. He explained everything very well including any possible problems post op and gave me the opportunity to ask questions which he answered to my satisfaction. I had the op in August 2019 and have never looked back. He gave me back a life that I thought had gone for ever. I can now walk and stand without pain and am back to walking every day and doing most of the things I enjoyed before the bad old days. I will be eternally grateful to him. He's a brilliant surgeon. Carole Hughes, Cirencester

16th December 2019

I had more than 6 months of chronic back and leg pain which could not be cured by medication, self-paid Chiropractor and Osteopath/Accupuncturist - the latter two for prolonged periods and at great cost to myself. I was referred to Rathman Sandaram and was examined and subsequently admitted for a series of injections in my back. After a short time, the injections began to work and eventually the pain disappeared completely. I am now completely pain-free and doing everything I was doing before and it is all down to this man. He was brilliant to talk to, explained everything as we went along, and was totally reassuring when I needed it most. I cannot thank him enough for how I feel now and will never take it for granted.

25th November 2019

My thanks go to Mr Sundaram, who recently carried out a discectomy on my lower back. He had carefully explained the procedure and any slight chance of any risks possible associated with the procedure. After been well informed I took the decision to have the surgery at the Nuffield Hospital. Surgery went well and the care at the hospital perfect. I feel so much better now after putting up with a lot of pain for a year. So relieved Thanks again !

21st November 2019

Written by a patient at the Winfield Hospital: After a long period of increasing and agonizing back pain and living on a cocktail of maximum strength pain killers, I was referred to Mr Rathnam Sundaram who diagnosed 'spinal stenosis.' I was admitted to the Winfield Hospital in October 2019 for the operation and it was a complete success. I am now pain free and active walking my lurcher, doing gardening and pretty much everything I used to do. My heart felt thanks to Mr Sundaram, not only a brilliant surgeon but took the time to explain the procedure, listen to my concerns and check on me after the operation. Oh and he has a quiet sense of humour, he smiled as he said he "hoped never to see me again." Thanks Rathnam Sundaram for an active, pain free life. Chris Marshall

Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital
27th September 2019

Having had spinal surgery by Mr Sundaram on August 13th this year I am so happy with the results. He has freed me of the agonizing pain and discomfort I was in totally. He is a wonderful surgeon and a really lovely man. So understanding and helpful. My recovery and treatment was 1st class. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Sundaram and the Winfield Hospital. Tony Green.

Short link to review Mr Rathnam Sundaram: http://iwgc.net/efisn