Mr Rathnam Sundaram

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

25th July 2019
Written by a patient at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

After a long period of extreme back pain I had a consultation with mr Sundararum. I was told in a professional and detailed manner how he could help Me .after scans and X-ray he pinpointed my problem. This was all done very quickly .i was put at ease as to the operation as I was extremely nervous as my brother had had a similar operation in Gloucester royal that left him disabled. My treatment at Gloucester royal was far less than satisfactory. Meeting me sundararum and his associates has changed my life to being able to walk again without pain. I call him mr magic A charming sincere clever man who I have been so Lucky to meet I thank him sincerely .

14th June 2019
Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital

Mr. Sundaram is very professional and caring. He understood the pain I was experiencing, and the impact my condition was having on my life. I was initially reluctant to undergo spinal surgery, but when I came to terms with it being the best option for me, Mr. Sundaram arranged it quickly. The operation was successful, and I have recovered well. I cannot thank him enough for enabling me to return to a painfree, normal life.

22nd November 2018
Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital

I have recently undergone a big operation under the wonderful care of Mr. Rathnam Sundaram. In early October 2018, Mr Sundaram undertook decompression work and pinning of my lower spine (L3, L4 and L5), with 2 tiny titanium cages placed between L3 and L4 on each side of my spinal cord. After several years of back pain culminating earlier this year in me being unable to stand, able only to walk for a few steps and nearly becoming wheelchair-bound, Mr. Sundaram advised the above operation would put an end to the pain. He went into great detail and explained very clearly about the required operation and showed me the evidence on numerous X-rays and MRI scans, which very clearly outlined my medical condition. As my life had virtually ground to a halt, due to my days being dictated by constant pain and my spine becoming twisted leaving me unable to stand straight, I was extremely keen to get on with the operation. The operation took place at The Winfield, Gloucester and I am absolutely delighted to report that the pain I'd experienced for years vanished overnight. I owe everything to Mr. Sundaram. He has given me a life with mobility again and I feel elated. I am truly thankful to wake up each day and have no pain at all. I can't thank Mr. Sundaram, and all the team who looked after me, enough. From beginning to end my experience has been extremely positive. Mr. Sundaram is an amazing Surgeon: clear, understanding and caring, and I am a very lucky person to have found him! H. Righton

16th November 2018
Written by a patient at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

I have been a cyclist since the age of fourteen and i am now eighty.Like many cyclists i have had lower back pain on occasions which then developed into leg pain two years ago, while riding.The real shock came when although i could still ride i was unable to walk more than two hundred metres.After consulting Mr Rathnam Sundaram and being shown the MRI results we agreed on a procedure that should rectify the problem.I had complete confidence in Mr Sundaram and the procedure was stress free.I was back riding and walking within three weeks and now eighteen months later i can comfortable ride forty five miles or walk four . Mr Rathnam Sundaram is a top class expert in his field and i am so pleased he was my NHS consultant.

25th October 2018
Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital

I underwent ACDF surgery under Mr Rathnam Sundaram 12 months ago. From the initial consultation through to post op appointments he was truly attentive, kind, caring and I felt totally reassured throughout. At the initial consultation he explained the procedure thoroughly and offered options for treatment. He suggested I read as much information about the procedure as possible and take my time to make a decision that was right for me. I underwent the procedure, fully understanding any potential risks and complications. My surgery was, I believe, uncomplicated and I was discharged from hospital the following day. The surgery was a complete success, and I recovered with very minimal pain relief. I would not hesitate to recommend (and have indeed already recommended) Mr Sundaram to anyone who finds themselves having to undergo spinal surgery. He is a very genuine and caring gentleman and an excellent surgeon who puts his patients needs at the forefront of everything he does.

Short link to review Mr Rathnam Sundaram: http://iwgc.net/efisn