Mr Ramesh Chelvarajah

• Neurosurgery

Latest Reviews

30th October 2015
Written by a carer at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

No-one wants to have brain surgery; the implications are severe and treacherous; to have contact with Ramesh Chelvarajah, a highly-experienced and credible neurosurgeon, is an indication that, though are you in mortal danger, this is perhaps the one hope you have of life. Such was our experience. After critical failures by numerous consultants whose egos were larger than their competence, it was Ramesh Chelvarajah and his team at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham (QE) who performed curative surgery for my husband’s debilitating refractory seizures. The agony of living with unending seizures robbed my husband and I of any quality of life, with my husband nearly dying, not once, but several times. Prior to the QE, three different hospitals misdiagnosed my husband and ruined our lives. These 3 hospitals all performed MRI scans which they claimed were normal. None of the scans were normal; all previous 3 hospitals failed to care enough to examine the scans which showed a sizeable abnormality in my husband’s brain which was the focal point of his epilepsy. All my husband’s various doctors and overpaid consultants at the time prevailed in their dismissal of my husband’s condition, blaming it on a psychological disorder. We struggled to get to the one hospital we thought would make a difference and that was to the QE. We got to Mr. Chelvarajah barely in time but they took a man whose life was ebbing away and, with care and expertise, managed to give my husband something he had lost a long time ago – his life with some degree of quality. It took the QE one scan to immediately spot the problem and it took Ramesh Chelvarajah’s understated specialism to make this difference.

Short link to review Mr Ramesh Chelvarajah: