Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

17th May 2019
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I have been seeing Mr Malhotra for fillers and also botox for around 2 years and am very happy with the results. I have had fillers to the under eye to deal with shadows and hollowing and also the temple and brow area which were really ageing me. I have also had botox to the jaw line to deal with minor sagging. Mr malhotra has a very kind and calming manner and is very approachable yet highly professional. Totally natural results too. I am a very nervous patient and find him very reassuring and happy to deal with my questions and concerns. I would not hesitate to recommend him. his secretary Gill is also very friendly and accomodating.

9th May 2019
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I first met with Mr Malhotra the year after surgery to remove a large acoustic neuroma (grade 1 brain tumour). The surgery had affected my ability to blink and I had lost corneal sensation in one eye. I had visited many different consultants around the UK, but I found no one as personable as Mr Malhotra. He completed six procedures in one surgery on my eye; including surgery to both the upper and lower lid and also inserted a platinum segment chain. The health of my eye has significantly improved since surgery - so much so, that other consultants have been astounded at the progress. Mr Malhotra took the time to listen carefully to my concerns and has subsequently gone out of his way to offer support and after care advice. His private secretary Gill is amazing and nothing is too much trouble. He is a highly skilled surgeon and I feel completely safe in his care. He is honest and realistic about what can be achieved and I am just so grateful for how much he has helped. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him.

23rd March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I couldn’t have asked for better care, and results ! I’d been suffering from a weeping eye for +10yrs. My medical insurance plan sadly wouldn’t cover him so I was sent around the houses to various other consultants without success, so I guess he’s not the cheapest, but you definitely get what you pay for and he has resolved the problem. He is truly excellent in every way and would thoroughly recommend him to anyone.

16th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Rahman Malhotra performed an eye operation on me removing a nasty and unsightly mole from my eyelid in a challenging location. I was concerned that I would be potentially be disfigured from the surgery as it would require removal of a part of my eyelid but amazingly the eye has healed and looks almost completely normal. The mole has been removed and the fact that I had surgery is not noticeable. I found my experience with Dr Malhotra to be of the highest standard he takes great care with his patients during surgery and beforehand as well. During consultations he is approachable and easy going, explaining everything and answering any questions thoughtfully. I would definitely recommend Dr Malhotra and am grateful to have been under his care. He also has a great team, Gill his practice secretary is highly efficient and helpful and Dr Ali, the anaesthetist was also a gentleman.

19th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Having procrastinated about having my eyes done for many years, I am thrilled to say that the process could not have been easier and more painless under the extraordinary care of Mr Malhotra. From the initial contact with his exceptional PA Gill, to the post operative follow up, I can not fault the treatment and care I received. I was extremely well prepared for what was to happen and the procedure itself was smooth and painless. The support given to me throughout was second to none. The most inconvenient thing about it was the desperate boredom of staying indoors and trying to sleep upright for a few nights! If you are looking for a surgeon to perform any procedure on you, I can not rate Mr Malhotra more highly.

Nearest Ophthalmologists