Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

24th April 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

Meeting Mr Malhotra eight years ago had a significant impact on my life. I had lived with a hemi-facial spasm for eleven years and his kind, supportive professionalism enabled me to makes the best decisions for myself. He creates an ethos for his team of the upmost consideration and the highest level of professional care for their patients. I cannot thank him and his team enough.

29th March 2016
Written by a patient at The Cadogan Clinic

Raman Malhotra Upper eye lid contouring. I was very lucky to have had my upper eye lid treatment done by Dr. Raman Malhotra, I always hated my upper eye lid hollows and thanks to Mr. Malhotra they are now gone!!! Mr. Malhotra did not only assess my eyes but the structure of my whole face. Mr. Malhotra was very understanding of what I wanted and he was very honest about the procedure. The procedure was not painful and you could see the results straight away ! The filler was very well moulded on top of my upper eyelid and my eyes suddenly looked more fresh and plumped but in a very natural way (exactly how I wanted). I was told that there is a chance of bruising and I will wake up with swelling. I was a little worried because at night my eye lids felt sore but when I woke up in the morning I did not suffer from any bruising and the swelling was unnoticeable!! I'm not sure if its because my body handled the product very well ! Overall I had a normal day the next day, My eyes just looked fresh, I did not suffer from any side effects and no one noticed anything unnatural. Before I met Mr. Raman Malhotra I had consultation with a few other doctors but I refused to go ahead with the treatment because they were not familiar with upper eye lid fillers and recommended fillers on other parts of the eyes which was unnecessary! Mr.Malhorta however knew exactly what it means to get rid off upper eye lid hollows and I had never felt more confident!! Its been a week since my treatment and the filler have settled in very smoothly. I am so thankful I came across Mr. Malhotra ! I cant not recommend a better Doctor !! It has been a wonderful experience for me! I am a fan ! :)

22nd March 2016
Written by a member of staff at Queen Victoria Hospital

I am a colleague from Spain and I had the pleasure to do a two week observership with Mr. Malhorta in East Grinstead. During my stay I could witness that Mr. Malhorta is a caring and attentive ophthalmologist to all his patients with provision of medical care of very high standard. He is also an outstanding surgeon who has extreme care in providing the most safe, secure and relaxing environment during surgery and in follow-up appointments. I was personally impressed by the level of expertise in the treatment of facial palsy with his own personal grading scale which has international recognition, addressing all the mayor aspects of ophthalmic involvement in this pathology. I am thankful to Mr. Malhorta for setting a whole new standard of medical care for me.

13th February 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I have been researching tear trough treatment for about 3 or 4 years now as I have been really unhappy with my (hereditary) under eye bags which were also quite sunken. I am 37 years old and the eye bags really aged me and I was really self-conscious about them (not helped by other people constantly pointing out how tired I look!) I went to see 4 different people for consultations over the years as I was so nervous about getting it done. (I have never had anything done before). Last July I had a consultation with Mr Malhotra as from researching this treatment he looked to be the most experienced in this area. He was so understanding and listened to what I wanted. He didn't make me feel silly for being nervous (as other surgeons/practitioners had). I also gave him a picture of me from about 10 years ago. He understood that I wanted to just look like a refreshed, not tired version of me. It still took me until this month to pluck up the courage to book the procedure. The day of the treatment I was very nervous. Mr Malhotra has such a calming nature and put me at ease straightaway. The treatment itself was so quick and painless with instant results. I am so glad that I chose Mr Malhotra to do this treatment. I look 10 years younger and my eye bags have disappeared. It is exactly what I wanted and both sides are symmetrical. I have had no bruising at all just a little bit of puffiness - Amazing! I really think that this is down to Mr Malhotra's technique. I even went out to dinner the same day - I thought I would be hiding inside for the week after at least due to bruising. It is now the third day after treatment and I am so happy with the result. Even though there is still some puffiness I can see that the final result will be brilliant. My confidence has returned and I am looking forward to life without bags!!! I wish I had done it years ago!

2nd February 2016
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I first met Mr Malhotra over four years ago. While living overseas I suffered from thyroid eye disease - it wasn't the worst example of the condition, however due to late diagnosis it had quite a detrimental affect on both my vision, eye comfort and facial appearance. Once I had recovered I returned to the UK and consulted with numerous surgeons to discuss surgery to restore my appearance. Of those surgeons Mr Malhotra was the most empathetic, professional and thorough, however I made the disastrous mistake of choosing another surgeon who was recommended to me via a cosmetic surgery forum, primarily due to cost. As a result of a very poorly performed surgery with numerous errors I was left with disfigurements and functional problems far worse than those caused by my illness. I have had to undergo almost three years of reconstructive surgery costing tens of thousands of pounds with still more to undergo - some of the problems are not fixable. In the course of seeking repair for my facial problems, I felt it would be prudent to consult with Mr Malhotra again and for once, I made the correct choice! I never felt that I could regain my old appearance and was fairly convinced there was no surgical solution that could help me anywhere in the world. Mr Malhotra proposed a conservative surgery that would go as far as possible to restoring my old eye shape without risking further damage. Mr Malhotra, his staff and medical team were kind, supportive and professional from my first consultation to final check up and I am overjoyed with the results - I feel I resemble myself more than I ever thought possible - particularly without invasive surgery. I do regret my decision not to opt for Mr Malhotra years ago and feel I have learned a very difficult (and expensive lesson)!

Nearest Ophthalmologists