Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

5th August 2016
Written by a patient at 9 Harley Street

Mr Raman Maholtra upper eyelid filler Gentle manner, really listens, and great result. Eyelid filler to get rid of the hollowed out look.

1st July 2016
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Excellent consultation style , put me at ease ,spends time undestading what is being requested and provides clear opinion on what would be the best option. Very skilled , very pleased with outcome of treatment Appreciate follow up call to see all is going well shows commitment to patient care at its best

23rd June 2016
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Treatments: rejuvenation of tear trough & upper lid hollows, cheek augmentation. I have been travelling from Leeds to London to see Mr Malhotra for a number of years now for treatment, with fillers, to the orbital area. My results have been consistently excellent, smooth, long-lasting and very natural. On the occasion of my most recent visit I also sought advice regarding fat loss (in my face) leading to sunken cheeks and a marked asymmetry, after a period of stress related ill-health. Mr Malhotra was able to augment the cheek area seamlessly, giving me back a youthful curve whilst correcting the gaunt look I had acquired. You would not think I had actually had anything done, other than being wonderfully restored, as if by magic, to my former self. It is no exaggeration to say I grinned all the way home to Leeds. The treatment is painless, and most importantly you feel in control throughout as Mr Malhotra always takes his time to listen, to explain the procedure, seek your opinion and involve you fully in the process. Without a doubt Mr Malhotra is an exceptionally talented and skilled surgeon, but of equal importance for me is the measure of his care and concern. He wants the best outcome for his patients and his evident pleasure, at my delighted response to the result of my treatment, was heartfelt and genuine. I count my lucky stars, on a regular basis, that I was able to find someone who could help me gain back some of my lost self-esteem, and I remain very grateful to Mr Malhotra, and his team, for providing me with consistently excellent, compassionate care.

15th May 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

In July 2015 I was diagnosed with a basal cell carcinoma just under the inner corner of my right eye and was referred to Mr Malhotra for a consultation. He arranged for me to have Mohs surgery which would be followed two days later by an appointment for any reconstruction that might be necessary. The Mohs surgery revealed that the tumour had spread up into my lower and upper eyelids and wound itself round both tear ducts. The necessary removal of the tumour resulted in an extensive defect and both tear ducts were sacrificed. Fortunately, as Dr Shergill, who had performed the Mohs surgery, assured me, I could not have wished for a better surgeon than Mr Malhotra for the reconstruction. Throughout the reconstruction Mr Malhotra and his team inspired great confidence and put me at my ease, taking the utmost care to ensure that I was comfortable and relaxed. An experience that could have been very frightening was made as pleasant as possible for me. After surgery Mr Malhotra came to see me to tell me that everything had gone well and to advise me about aftercare. I was very worried that, due to the loss of my tear ducts, I would have a constantly watering eye. He was very understanding and reassured me that it was unlikely that I would have any problems. He suggested that I allow two to three months to see how it went. He was confident that my eye would look perfectly natural within nine months and I would be able to wear contact lenses again in a few weeks. Just before I was discharged Mr Malhotra came to see me again to ensure that I had no other questions or concerns. When the dressing was removed after five days, I was amazed to see that even at that early stage my eye looked far better than I could have hoped. After a few weeks no one could believe that I'd had eye surgery and, as Mr Malhotra had promised, I was able to wear my contact lenses and had no problems with a watery eye. I did not experience any pain or discomfort during surgery, immediately afterwards or in any of the months that followed. After only a few months my eye looked perfectly natural with no trace of a scar. I feel extremely fortunate to have been referred to Mr Malhotra and cannot praise him highly enough. I should like to thank him and his whole team for their professionalism, kindness and understanding.

5th May 2016
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Mr Raman Malhotra Bilateral ptosis & upper blepharoplasty I cannot thank Mr Malhotra enough for his skill and professionalism. I hated my droopy eyelids which made me look permanently tired, and when I realised they affected my overall vision I decided to do something about it. Two weeks ago at the age of 68 I did. It was a daunting prospect until I met Mr Malhotra. He immediately put me at ease with his caring and professional manner. He looked at younger photos of me and took new ones. He studied my face as a whole and asked me what I wanted to achieve. He suggested the best option for me was a Bilateral ptosis and upper blepharoplasty with possibly a Restylane filler for my under eye hollows at a later date. I really felt I could trust him with my precious eyes. All through the operation I felt comfortable and assured by the whole team. Mr Malhotra provided a comprehensive programme of aftercare and can easily be contacted if necessary. He said it would take time to settle but I am more than pleased with the results already.

Nearest Ophthalmologists