Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

• Ophthalmology
  • Plastic surgery

29th September 2014
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

I was impressed by the consultation although Mr Malhotra was very busy. Since this visit I have returned to have the lesion removed by a very young and totally professional lady surgeon whose name escapes me assisted by Nurse Sherina . A most pleasant caring cheerful painless encounter, thank you to all concerned John Lindley

27th September 2014
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I had my first consultation with Mr. Malhotra in 2007. When I was due for Cataract operations recently, I did not hesitate to see him again and entrust my eyes into his excellent care with his efficient team at the McIndoe in East Grinstead. His attention to detail and his expertise are exemplary and my confidence in his abilities has been born out by the good results of the operations.

26th September 2014
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

This doctor is special, he is caring, professional, and a superb surgeon, surrounded by marvellous colleagues in and out of the operating theatre. Total confidence is generated by Raman and his team.

3rd September 2014
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I had developed sunken under-eyes and didn't know what to do about it when I read about Mr Malhotra's then-pioneering work with tear trough fillers. I liked the fact that he was a reconstructive surgeon, who would ensure that any work suited my face, rather than current fashion. He was thorough, sensitive and utterly professional – by the end of my consultation, even my anxious husband trusted him. The results were excellent: natural and conservative. He also put some filler into my rather pronounced naso-labial lines. That was seven years ago. I still see him once a year for a review and minor tweaks – most recently, some filler in emerging marionette lines and a Nefertiti Lift. Once, feeling guilty that I was taking time that could have been used by people with serious problems, I asked about the balance. He replied that all procedures should be aesthetic and that his work with patients like me fed back into the reconstructive side of his job. I heartily recommend him, for aesthetic as well as reconstructive work.

Nearest Ophthalmologists