mr-rajen-tailor

12th May 2022

Today I had a follow up appointment having had surgery for glaucoma in August and November 2021. I am so very happy to say that the cataract and I stent surgery performed by Mr Tailor has been a huge success and that I have good vision and no need for eye drops to relieve eye pressures. I can’t thank Mr Tailor enough for his care and expertise and highly recommended him.

3rd February 2022

I was 100% satisfied with all aspects of this operation. Mr Tailor was professional, friendly and very approachable. I would have no problem in recommending him to others. In addition, I found his supporting team both inside theatre and in the follow up were of a vey high standard.

6th December 2021

Mr Tailor has recently undertaken glaucoma and cataract procedures on my eyes. He has been exemplary in his medical advice and skill throughout these consultations and I am most grateful to him and have no hesitation in recommending him to potential patients.

27th September 2021

After many visits to hospital, it was good to get a diagnosis and also prompt treatment

16th September 2021

Due to long waiting times arising from the Covid pandemic, I transfered to a self-funded private option with Mr Tailor at the Manor for my second glaucoma/cataract procedure. Mr Tailor was attentive at all times and performed a very comfortable operation from which recovery was almost seemless. He was clear in what I needed to do and was unphased by unexpected glitches at the Manor (electricity outage). My main concern was preventing any further sight degeneration from my Glaucoma, which was the catalyst for the lens replacement plus a KDB. Pressures in both eyes are now satisfactory. Financial limitations mean that I have now transfered back to NHS care under Mr Tailor and his excellent team. I would heartily recommend Mr Tailor if you are looking for a private surgeon for cataracts or glaucoma procedures.

Mr Rajen Tailor was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr RajenTailor MBBS, MRCP, FRCOphth, is a Consultant Ophthalmologist with a specialist interest in glaucoma and cataracts. Prior to his consultant appointment, Mr Tailor was a fellow in the sub-specialist field of glaucoma at Moorfields eye Hospital, London, where he gained extensive experience in the medical, laser and surgical management of glaucoma. Mr. Tailor is experience in performing both conventional glaucoma surgery (trabeculectomy and aqueous shunt implantation) as well as the newer minimal invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) procedures such as the I-stent implant, hydrus implant, Xen implant and KDB glaucoma procedure. Mr Tailor main areas of research interest are angle closure, neovascular glaucoma and optimizing outcomes of glaucoma surgery. Mr Tailor is actively involved in teaching, training and research in the field of Glaucoma, running a bi-annual surgical glaucoma course, speaking at local & regional meetings, training fellows from the UK and overseas and acting as a principle investigator for an international glaucoma study. He has a number of peer reviewed publications and book chapters in the field of glaucoma as well as won local, national and international prizes in both general ophthalmology and glaucoma. Recently he was awarded a Staff Recognition Award (December 2019) for development and expansion of the Glaucoma service in Oxford.

Nearest Ophthalmologists