Mr Rafid Al-Mahfoudh

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a NHS patient at Royal Sussex County Hospital
16th June 2022

Mr Al-Mahfoudh was the only person willing to offer me a way back to my life which I had lost after a fall causing a severe injury to my spine. He successfully operated on my back, removing the damaged disc and inserting a titanium implant. I am slowly recovering and anticipate a full recovery. I will always be grateful to him.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Brighton
4th June 2022

Private Patient Nuffield Health 13th May 2022 After two years of severe leg and back pain, I was fortunate to find Mr Rafid Al-Mahfoudh. I had researched him, and discovered how talented and caring he is. He monitors every aspect of your treatment, and discusses each and every step with you. On 13th May he performed a Spinal Fusion and Decompression on my spine. The following morning I was walking without pain. AMAZING!! Never be afraid to trust this honest surgeon and his team, he says it as it is, and gives you hope to keep going. I will be forever grateful to him—at 81 I can now realise a new chapter in my life, PAIN FREE. Thank you dear man for being my soldier..and for giving me back my life.

Written by a NHS patient at Nuffield Hospital Brighton
13th May 2022

Mr Al-Mahfoudh and his team were exceptional and the treatment & care I received was excellent. Your concerns are listened to and every step of the treatment was very clearly and carefully explained. You can relax and have complete confidence in the hands of this highly talented Neurosurgeon. A most personable gentleman who inspires confidence to proceed with the treatment option you have chosen. I highly recommend Mr Al-Mahfoudh.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Brighton
8th May 2022

Following severe pain on my left leg, I started physiotherapy to try to ease the apparent sciatica symptoms I had. However, after a period of time, the symptoms did not improve. Hence, I had an MRI scan that showed a large left sided L5/S1 disc, compressing the left S1. With this diagnosis I was referred to a spinal surgeon. Luckily enough I got in contact with Mr Al-Mahfoudh, he reviewed the results of the initial MRI scan, and then he provided me with the options I had to overcome the situation. He also gave me information of the different procedures that I could have including the advantages and disadvantages of each of these. Initially, I decided to wait and see if my body was able to recover by itself, but this did not happen. Instead the pain and amount of painkillers I was taking was increasing significantly. So, I decided to go for the surgery which at the beginning I was a little bit nervous and hesitant. I had another appointment with Mr Al-Mahfoudh, in this appointment he requested an updated MRI scan and kindly explained again the pros and cons of the surgery. He gave me confidence with his experience, knowledge, care and professionalism and I felt that I could not be in better hands. I can say that Mr Al-Mahfoudh cared for my health before and after the surgery, he let me know straight after the surgery that everything was alright. He also highlighted all the measurements that I needed to take during my recovery to prevent any recurrence. Nearly two weeks now after my surgery, all the symptoms I had along with the pain are completely gone. Mr Al-Mahfound is the best at what he does, I could not recommend him enough. All I feel is gratitude for his help, care and support and for giving me back the most precious gift that life can give which is health and a life with no pain. God bless you! Mr Al-Mahdound and his team in the Nuffield Health Hospital in Brighton really care for their patients.

Written by a NHS patient at Nuffield Hospital Brighton
4th April 2022

I originally went to my GP just before the beginning of the pandemic and after an MRI scan I was referred to Mr Al-Mahfoudh. During what was a very difficult time, he was always reassuring and listened to my concerns. He took his time to explain what the problem was and the options open to me. After complications with my health, I eventually had surgery and was very impressed with Mr Al-Mahfoudh and his team. I was amazed how quickly I was discharged and the symptoms I had experienced disappeared.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Rafid Al-Mahfoudh was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

MBChB, European diploma in Neurosurgery, FRCS (SN) Consultant Neurosurgeon Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Contact: secretary@spineandbrain.co.uk

Nearest Neurosurgeons