Mr Praminthra Chitsabesan

27th August 2020

Under the covid19 restrictions all my consultations with him were by telephone. I only met him when I was being prepared for surgery and post operation and a further consultation by telephone. Everything seems to be going well, I just have to follow his instructions now and accept restrictions for a couple of months and hopefully no problems.

24th August 2020

Mr Chitsabesan was my consultant & surgeon for correction of an inguinal hernia in July 2020. My pre & post surgery consultations were conducted via telephone due to Covid-19 restrictions, this did not have a negative impact as the conversation, information, options offered/explained, and questions answered were all to the highest quality & with great professionalism. The day of the operation I was put at ease ahead of surgery by Mr Chitsabesan discussing what the operation would entail and the order of the day and reminder of requirements/limitations during my recovery over the following weeks/months. Likewise after the operation Mr Chitsabesan took time to discuss with me how the operation had gone. Almost a month after the surgery I am recovering well and the scar is healing exceptionally well with no complications - very tidy and neat cut. I would highly recommend Mr Chitsabesan.

21st August 2020

I was most impressed on meeting this doctor, as he completely put me at ease and listened to my problem. He answered the questions that I asked and explained the procedure very well to me. The care I received whilst in hospital was excellent and could not be improved.

Written by a patient at York Hospital
21st August 2020

Dr Chitsabesan was amazing. Kind, caring and a fantastic surgeon. He supported me and my family every step of the way with my diagnosis. I cannot thank him enough. I could not have had any greater care especially as my surgery was just before lockdown.

Written by a patient at York Hospital
2nd August 2020

As a patient in York Teaching Hospital in the Autumn of 2019 I received excellent and effective surgery by Mr Chitsabesan.

Mr Praminthra Chitsabesan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Mr Praminthra Chitsabesan: http://iwgc.net/efba8