Mr Philip Turton

Mr Turton is a Specialist Breast Oncoplastic and Aesthetic Breast Surgeon with over 13-years experience at Consultant specialist grade, and over 24 years as a Doctor. He restricts his surgical practice specifically to the breast. He operates as a cosmetic, oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgeon carrying out several hundred cosmetic, reconstructive and cancer operations per year. He has a very large private cosmetic breast surgery experience and has carried out well over a thousand such operations including breast augmentation, breast mastopexy, breast reduction, revisional breast augmentation, implant exchange, correction of asymmetry, correction of tuberous breasts, correction of nipple inversion, male breast problems such as gynaecomastia, liposuction of the breast. He also performs breast cancer and reconstructive surgery in the private sector, including risk reducing mastectomy and reconstruction for patients with the BRCA gene or very high risk family history. He has a rapid access breast clinic in the private sector for any breast concerns with full investigational facilities available. Mr Turton works with an excellent team of experienced staff in two of the country's flag ship private hospitals- the Leeds Nuffield and the Spire hospital in Roundhay. His website has additional more detailed information: www.cosmeticbreastsurgeon.co.uk NHS practice at St James's University Hospital (Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon for over 11-years), and Private patients treated at the Leeds Nuffield Hospital and Spire Hospital Leeds 01133882193 (Private Secretary - Nuffield and Spire Hospital) 01132068724 (NHS Secretary - St James's Hospital)

• Cosmetic Medicine

22nd March 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

A really nice chap who clearly knows his stuff. Constructive suggestions would be:- To be more clear and specific on how much and for how long you will need help and support with basic day to day tasks; To come and see you when you've woken up from the surgery to report on/assure you of how the operation went. I didnt see him until 2 weeks after the operation at the check up appointment; To put an emphasis on the length of time it will before your body fully recovers and what the final results will be.

20th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

I can not speak highly enough regarding Mr Turton and his medical team. The professionalism and level of care that they provide is of the highest standard. I cannot praise them enough for their continued support and informative approach throughout the whole process, which made me feel at ease and extremely confident in my decision when choosing to have my surgery at Spire Leeds with Mr Turton. Mr Turton's attention to detail is none other than exceptional and he truly listens to what "you", the patient wants, and leads the way in that he takes a patient centred approach, ultimately providing you with the best possible outcome. Far better than I could have ever wished for. He is kind, considerate and really guided me in what would work for my body, based on my expectations. Mr Turton genuinely listened to me and helped leave my worries aside. Choosing to go ahead with Breast Augmentation was not an easy decision for me. I pondered for approximately five years on whether this was the right decision. I am naturally an anxious person, and continually asked myself the usual questions, "What if I am not happy with the outcome?", "What if I am in pain?", "What if I experience problems?", "Is it right for me?". I can now look back and say with confidence that it was the best decision I have ever made, and the journey from start to finish was an enjoyable one. I believe this is down to choosing the perfect surgeon and his team at Spire in Roundhay, "If only i had done this sooner". So my final thoughts would be if you are looking at this page and thinking is this surgeon right for you, I would ask and look no further. I did my research for over a 6 year period when I was looking for the perfect surgeon for me. Mr Turton is an outstanding surgeon in my opinion, he specialises only in this area, and his professional portfolio speaks for itself. In closing, I would like to say what a pleasure it was to meet Mr Turton, and I wish him and his medical team all the very best for the future. Thank you again!

14th March 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I initially sought the help of Mr Turton in October 2016. I had, for many months, if not years known that I required corrective surgery on my existing breast implants that were 16 years old. My previous surgery had been carried out by a different surgeon working for a private medical group. My breasts had become very hard and sore, I was in constant discomfort and they were no longer aesthetically pleasing. After much research, I booked a consultation to see Mr Turton at the Nuffield Hospital in Leeds. I was extremely nervous and apprehensive but as soon as I met with Mr Turton I was made to feel completely at ease. I found Mr Turton to be warm, friendly and very approachable. I was able to talk to him openly about my concerns and what I hoped to achieve through corrective surgery. Mr Turton examined me thoroughly, he took his time to assess my physical appearance and was able to quickly identify why I had been in so much pain and discomfort. Mr Turton concluded that both implants had become severely encapsulated causing distortion. My hope had been to have the implants and capsules removed and further implants placed during the same surgery so as to retain some fullness but with a soft and very natural breast shape. Mr Turton was able to explain to me sympathetically but realistically that this wasn't possible as part of one procedure. He managed my expectations by explaining to me in a way in which I could fully understand without blowing me away with medical science as to why this would increase the already high risk factors of complication due to the severity of my presentation. His plan was a two stage approach. The first to remove the implants, perform full capsulectomies and at the same time to perform bilateral mastopexies. He then explained that during a second procedure, 4 - 6months later if still desired, I could have a re-augmentation. I left the first consultation with a lot to think about! I saw Mr Turton again in December 2016, he was more than happy to answer some more questions that I had. I came away feeling extremely confident and reassured by Mr Turton's obvious expertise and completely genuine desire to want to help me. I booked to have the first surgery in January 2017. Mr Turton came to see me immediately prior to the procedure to put markings on my breasts and again was so kind and caring. He asked about any concerns that I had and how I was feeling. I was obviously anxious and he again made me feel very reassured and told me that he would do his very best for me. I had complete trust in him. Due to having very little natural breast tissue and the severity of my problem, Mr Turton, when I saw him the next day, told me that surgery had been complex and intricate but that it had gone well. I was in a lot of pain but the nursing staff at the hospital were marvelous and looked after me amazingly! I was discharged two days later and followed Mr Turton's recovery advice. I saw the breast care nurse the following week and had the large dressings removed. I tentatively looked in the mirror and was, even at such an early stage very pleased with the result. I saw Mr Turton two weeks after surgery so he could assess me, my recovery was going well and to plan. I last saw Mr Turton in March 2017, approx 6 weeks post surgery. The results are fabulous and I am healing well. I am seeing him again in 4 months time. I cannot recommend Mr Turton enough. His care, expertise, professionalism and friendly nature is second to none. After the initial pain of surgery and expected discomfort of recovery, I am now starting to benefit from the procedure and am feeling happy in my own skin. The follow up care has been great and I know if I have any concerns before I next see Mr Turton in the summer that he is only a phone call away.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at St James's University Hospital

Mr turton has been on a journey with myself for the past 2 years, he has been very supportive and has gave me the best care I could of possibly asked for. He has done an an amazing job and is a very good doctor.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at St James's University Hospital

I saw Mr Turton when I was diagnosed with breast cancer following a routine mammogram in November 2016. After discussing my family history with Mr Turton he fully explained all my options and I decided on bilateral mastectomy with immediate implant reconstruction. At no point was I made to feel pressured into any decision and was in fact given the opportunity to discuss different reconstruction options with a different surgeon but I'm happy to say that I'm pleased with my decision to have Mr Turton perform the surgery and the implant reconstruction. Throughout this whole very stressful period Mr Turton and his team have been amazingly supportive, professional and more importantly have listened to not only my fears and needs but my husbands too. The level of care and support I have received from not only him but also my breast care nurse Sarah Gracey-Shaw and the staff on ward J23 has been outstanding and I could not have asked for anything more.

Short link to review Mr Philip Turton: http://iwgc.net/eek4e