Mr Philip Turton

Mr Turton is a Specialist Breast Oncoplastic and Aesthetic Breast Surgeon with over 14-years experience at Consultant specialist grade, and over 25-years as a Doctor. He restricts his surgical practice specifically to the breast. He operates as a cosmetic, oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgeon carrying out several hundred cosmetic, reconstructive and cancer operations per year. He has a very large private cosmetic breast surgery experience and has carried out well over a thousand such operations including breast augmentation, breast mastopexy, breast reduction, revisional breast augmentation, implant exchange, correction of asymmetry, correction of tuberous breasts, correction of nipple inversion, male breast problems such as gynaecomastia, liposuction of the breast. He also performs breast cancer and reconstructive surgery in the private sector, including risk reducing mastectomy and reconstruction for patients with the BRCA gene or very high risk family history. He has a rapid access breast clinic in the private sector for any breast concerns with full investigational facilities available. Mr Turton works with an excellent team of experienced staff in two of the country's flag ship private hospitals- the Leeds Nuffield and the Spire hospital in Roundhay. His website has additional more detailed information: www.cosmeticbreastsurgeon.co.uk NHS practice at St James's University Hospital (Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon for over 14-years), and Private patients treated at the Leeds Nuffield Hospital and Spire Hospital Leeds 01133882193 (Private Secretary - Nuffield and Spire Hospital) 01132068724 (NHS Secretary - St James's Hospital)

• Cosmetic Medicine

22nd March 2018
Written by a patient at St James's University Hospital

I trusted Mr Turton totally everything I asked questions about he answered with great care I was looked after before and after the operation also with care would not hesitate to recommend to him anybody.

16th March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

It has been 8 weeks since my Nipple inversion surgery, and my recovery has been a breeze. Mr Turton has been fantastic, from first consultation to my final post surgery visit today. With this being my first ever surgery I was very nervous, but Mr Turton and the breast care nurses (Di & Jill) made me feel at ease from start to finish with their care and kindness. I felt very safe in Mr Turton's hands, he is a phenomenal surgeon and I would recommend him 100%.

15th March 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

It has been eight weeks since I had my bilateral breast reduction surgery which was performed by Mr Philip Turton. I can’t believe how quickly I have recovered from the operation and how well my scars are healing. I have resumed nearly all of my previous activities apart from heavy lifting and doing anything too strenuous. Once I had made the decision to do something about the size of my breasts I then spent time researching for a specialist breast consultant who worked from a highly rated hospital. For me Mr Turton ticked all the boxes, I then plucked up the courage to make an appointment. I was very nervous but Mr Turton made me feel relaxed immediately, we discussed the reason for my visit and after an examination he then explained what he could do for me. We discussed in detail the operation, staying in hospital and the care I would receive and the ongoing support that was in place by himself and from his senior breast nurse Gerry Edwards. I listened carefully to the advice given to me and what I could and couldn’t do for the first few weeks following my operation, in reality I did very little for six weeks which I believe has made my recovery quick and easy. I highly recommend Mr Philip Turton, he is experienced & successful in his chosen specialism, he is easy to talk to, he is professional and just a lovely person.

7th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

I self referred to Mr Turton after having my silicone implants in for 24 years at the age of 50. I have been post-menopausal for two years which caused my skin to loose its elasticity and breasts to resemble spaniels ears. My implants had become capsulated and grotesque and i felt very down and unattractive to my husband. During my initial consultation my fears and embarrassment of undressing and showing my breasts to Mr Turton soon disappeared as he and the specialist breast nurse put me at total ease. Mr Turton then gave me a lengthy period to decide and reflect on my decision to have replacement implants as I was not a straight forward case as I also required a breast lift. The day for the surgery soon came around and everything went to plan and on time and the results are amazing. It took a little time for the tingling sensation of nerve endings to settle but I can honestly say I was in no pain, however there was plenty of painkillers available if that was the case. The nurses on ward 2 were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. I have now been discharged although I know if I had any problems I could just ring one of the specialist breast nurses who were fantastic, very approachable and friendly and they would arrange a follow-up appointment. Mr Turton is a very talented surgeon who I had total faith in and now i have very perky amazing breasts and restored confidence thank you.

26th January 2018