Mr Philip Turton

Mr Turton is a Specialist Breast Oncoplastic and Aesthetic Breast Surgeon with over 13-years experience at Consultant specialist grade, and over 24 years as a Doctor. He restricts his surgical practice specifically to the breast. He operates as a cosmetic, oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgeon carrying out several hundred cosmetic, reconstructive and cancer operations per year. He has a very large private cosmetic breast surgery experience and has carried out well over a thousand such operations including breast augmentation, breast mastopexy, breast reduction, revisional breast augmentation, implant exchange, correction of asymmetry, correction of tuberous breasts, correction of nipple inversion, male breast problems such as gynaecomastia, liposuction of the breast. He also performs breast cancer and reconstructive surgery in the private sector, including risk reducing mastectomy and reconstruction for patients with the BRCA gene or very high risk family history. He has a rapid access breast clinic in the private sector for any breast concerns with full investigational facilities available. Mr Turton works with an excellent team of experienced staff in two of the country's flag ship private hospitals- the Leeds Nuffield and the Spire hospital in Roundhay. His website has additional more detailed information: www.cosmeticbreastsurgeon.co.uk NHS practice at St James's University Hospital (Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon for over 11-years), and Private patients treated at the Leeds Nuffield Hospital and Spire Hospital Leeds 01133882193 (Private Secretary - Nuffield and Spire Hospital) 01132068724 (NHS Secretary - St James's Hospital)

• Cosmetic Medicine

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at St James's University Hospital

Mr turton has been on a journey with myself for the past 2 years, he has been very supportive and has gave me the best care I could of possibly asked for. He has done an an amazing job and is a very good doctor.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at St James's University Hospital

I saw Mr Turton when I was diagnosed with breast cancer following a routine mammogram in November 2016. After discussing my family history with Mr Turton he fully explained all my options and I decided on bilateral mastectomy with immediate implant reconstruction. At no point was I made to feel pressured into any decision and was in fact given the opportunity to discuss different reconstruction options with a different surgeon but I'm happy to say that I'm pleased with my decision to have Mr Turton perform the surgery and the implant reconstruction. Throughout this whole very stressful period Mr Turton and his team have been amazingly supportive, professional and more importantly have listened to not only my fears and needs but my husbands too. The level of care and support I have received from not only him but also my breast care nurse Sarah Gracey-Shaw and the staff on ward J23 has been outstanding and I could not have asked for anything more.

17th February 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Mr Turton has looked after me since my diagnosis for breast cancer in May 2010. I had a full mastectomy on my left side and lap dorsi reconstruction, followed by a nipple reconstruction, and a breast reduction on the right hand side at a later date. I am so pleased with the result. It is almost impossible to tell the difference between my reconstructed breast and my right hand side breast. In fact I was asked at a mammogram which breast was being examined. At a bra fitting the fitter told me it was the best reconstruction she has ever seen. I recently had my nipple re-tattooed by Mr Turton and the result is absolutely brilliant. Not only is Mr Turton an amazing surgeon he is also an absolutely lovely person. He makes you feel so reassured and looked after at a really distressing time. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

3rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

A very Professional honest and skilled Surgeon who put me completely at ease. Despite the fact that I am a nurse myself Mr Turton never took anything for granted and never assumed that I had knowledge. I am thrilled with the both the care I received from him and with the results , which are natural and appropriate to my size. I would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

30th January 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I have recently had a breast reduction which I have thought about for many years, further to years of physio therapy for my neck and shoulders. I had my first consultation in August 2016 which was very informative, I was examined and shown before and after photographs of what could realistically be achieved, I was given a full explanation of the surgery and told in depth all pros and cons. I was very nervous but Mr Turton put me totally at ease and told me to go away and think about everything and to come back and see him, no pressure to decide there and then. Having decided to have the reduction I saw Mr Turton again and arrange a date and pre-operative checks including a mammogram. I was admitted to the ward the morning of the operation and everyone made me feel at ease. I can honestly say that after the operation I was very surprised that I had discomfort rather than pain and apart from the first evening, I have only taken paracetamol for the discomfort. I have followed all of Mr Turtons instructions and have healed very well, eight weeks following the surgery the scars are not that visible at all and will fade over the following 12 months. Mr Turton is a pleasant, caring and considerate gentleman and I would recommend him and his team to anyone. Professionally I had researched him and read his website before hand, I wanted a NHS consultant who specialised in breast surgery and that had a good reputation, his C.V is very impressive and for me it gave me confidence that I had chosen the correct man for the job. I can truly say that I have not been disappointed by him or the results. At 51 I feel I have been given a new lease of life and have now joined the gym and am looking forward to being able to do sports that I have never been able to do. My confidence has sawed, my neck after relieving it of 6lbs feels so much better and I can now buy tops and bras from anywhere I like.

Short link to review Mr Philip Turton: http://iwgc.net/eek4e