Mr Philip Rosell

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

13th February 2015
Written by a patient at Frimley Park Hospital

I had the delight of meeting Mr Rosell in 2013/14. He is a character that I likened to immediately. He explained in basic terms what was wrong, how it could be repaired and how long it would take to heal. You cannot expect more from someone who knows their trade. Mr Rosell operated on my right shoulder for a full width tear to my rotator cuff. He did say it may not be a full width tear and that he will deal with it when he gets in there, so to speak. My operation date came, he saw me as soon as he arrived, asked if I had any questions and said he would see me in theatre. Indeed he did, he operated and the aftercare and success of his work really does show. Within a few weeks I was back to work and now, some eight months later it is fantastic. So much so I asked him to do the same procedure on my left shoulder. This he did four weeks ago and it is healing as expected, very well indeed. In my honest opinion, I meet a lot of different characters in my chosen profession and if they were all as honest and competent as Mr Rosell, my life would be so much easier. Honesty and punctuality to go with actual ability is hard to find. In this surgeon, I found it all. I am extremely grateful to the NHS in bringing me to this man.

Short link to review Mr Philip Rosell: http://iwgc.net/eeizd