mr-philip-mathew

Written by a NHS patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
4th November 2021

Everything was explained really well and clearly. I felt comfortable to take his lead of the best option for my procedure.

Written by a NHS patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
24th June 2021

I had a third operation on my previously broken wrist/torn TFCC carried out by Mr Mathew. He carefully considered and discussed with me the technique to be used, as there were several different options. He was very metriculous in pre and post operative investigations to make sure the procedure was carried out absolutely right. Others had advised me against a third operation as it might cause more pain, more stiffness and decrease range of movement. However following surgery pain considerably decreased, stiffness did not increase and range of movement was not affected. I now have a stable wrist and noticeably less pain. I can lift up my daughter and load a car with camping gear, things that I thought I would not be able to do. I can also play the piano pain free. This has significantly increased quality of life. I consider myself very fortunate to have had Mr Mathew as my surgeon.

I currently work at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and specialise in Hand and Wrist surgery. I am passionate about my work and want to deliver Great care for all my patients. I previously worked at Barking Havering Redbridge NHS Trust as Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon I did my Orthopaedic Specialty Training on the Percival Pott Rotation in London and have had a global exposure to hand surgery from fellowships in the USA, India, Spain and France: 1. AO trauma fellowship - Indiana Hand to Shoulder centre, USA 2. Bruce Bailey fellowship in Microsurgery (British Society for Surgery of the Hand)- Ganga Hospital, India 3. Visting Hand Surgery Fellowship- Institut Kaplan with Dr Marc Garcia-Elias, Barcelona 4. Visiting Hand Surgery Fellowship- Institut de la Main- Prof. Mathoulin, Paris 5. One Year Hand Surgery Fellowship, Pulvertaft hand Centre, Derby Qualifications; MBBS MRCS FRCS(Orth) BSSH postgraduate Diploma in Hand Surgery Hon Senior Lecturer Queen Mary's University, London.

Short link to review Mr Philip Mathew : http://iwgc.net/ecnwa