Mr Philip Mathew

I am currently working at Queens Hospital, Romford and specialise in Hand and Wrist surgery. I am passionate about my work and want to deliver Great care for all my patients. I did my Orthopaedic Specialty Training on the Percival Pott Rotation in London and have had a global exposure to hand surgery from fellowships in the USA, India, Spain and France: 1. AO trauma fellowship - Indiana Hand to Shoulder centre, USA 2. Bruce Bailey fellowship in Microsurgery (British Society for Surgery of the Hand)- Ganga Hospital, India 3. Visting Hand Surgery Fellowship- Institut Kaplan with Dr Marc Garcia-Elias, Barcelona 4. Visiting Hand Surgery Fellowship- Institut de la Main- Prof. Mathoulin, Paris 5. One Year Hand Surgery Fellowship, Pulvertaft hand Centre, Derby Qualifications; MBBS MRCS FRCS(Orth) BSSH postgraduate Diploma in Hand Surgery Hon Senior Lecturer Queen Mary's University, London.

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
9th January 2020

Such a kind gentleman, who showed care and compassion towards my son, nothing but positives to say about him and his staff.

Written by a patient at The Holly Private Hospital
19th July 2019

His secretary leaves a lot to be desired. Initially sent a clinic letter that needs a password, then sent a wrong password, finally got it opened in the end. Needed the latest clinic letter and now two emails a couple weeks apart later no replies at all. Trying to call her too. Does not answer the phone. Is she on a long holiday or something? Such poor service is not what I expect privately.

19th July 2019
Response from Mr Philip Mathew

Response left on 2019-07-19 09:48:53 Dear Sir/ Madam I am extremely sorry to hear about your difficulties and I will investigate the issue. In the interim please email me directly on handsurgeonlondon@gmail.com and I will respond. Kind regards PM

Written by a patient at King George Hospital
6th May 2019

Most lovely and caring doctor, and his nurse is amazing too!

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital
2nd April 2019

Mr Mathew is absolutely excellent, in terms of both skill and his approach. He is thorough, compassionate, patient, understanding and goes above and beyond. I broke my hand in December and needed to have an operation. Mr Mathew did all he could to ensure I was treated with urgency and that I had the very best care and treatment. My case was not completely straight forward, due to some other medical issues, but he listened to me and explained my options carefully and clearly, continually doing as much to help and advise me as he possibly could. He is a very neat surgeon and I have only minimal scarring. His aftercare was terrific and he ensured a planned and correct level of aftercare support was there for me. I trust Mr Mathew and in general, he is one of the very best Consultants I have ever been lucky enough to have treat me. I am so thankful to Mr Mathew, for helping me at a time I grately needed it. He listened to me and cared about my situation, as an individual case and as an individual person sat in front of him. Everything he did for me was utterly superb. Mr Mathew is an amazing Consultant and I could not have asked for anyone better. He 100% gives great care.

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital
18th March 2019

Mr. Mathew took great care to explain all the options open to me for the relief of the pain from arthritis in my left thumb and wrist. The surgery was very successful and the scars on my hand are virtually invisible. The pain from the arthritis has gone. I am still only seven weeks from the operation and working with the physiotherapist to return to full movement. Mr Mathew has warned me to be careful for another six weeks (before performing a full golf swing!), he has a charming manner and is very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend him to anyone with hand and wrist problems.

Short link to review Mr Philip Mathew : http://iwgc.net/ecnwa