mr-philip-mathew

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital
29th February 2020

I had the great fortune to be operated on by Mr Mathew last week, just days before he left Queens Hospital for the Chelsea and Westminster. At our first consultation, he treated my husband and I with such consideration and kindness and gave us a totally detailed, frank and comprehensive appraisal of my injuries- I had broken both wrists as a result of a fall whilst playing tennis- and we were given options as to the way forward. I opted for surgery to realign the bones and saw Mr Mathew both before and after my operation- he reassured me that all had gone well - it was now 9pm in the evening and he had been in theatre with me for more than five hours. Unfortunately I will not see him again now, for my aftercare, but he has left a plan for my recovery and I had my first physio session yesterday. Every member of staff that we have encountered, in all associated departments,were highly complimentary about Mr Mathew ‘s outstanding skills. I cannot thank him enough for reconstructing my wrists - and look forward to being yet another of his success stories. He is a wonderful ambassador for his profession and the NHS.

29th February 2020
Response from Mr Philip Mathew

Thank you for your kind words and best wishes for a speedy recovery

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
19th February 2020

Lovely gentleman but have tried on several occasions to contact his secretary and she does it even give you the courtesy of a reply.

19th February 2020
Response from Mr Philip Mathew

Please email me directly handsurgeonlondon@gmail.com Apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced

Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital
9th January 2020

Such a kind gentleman, who showed care and compassion towards my son, nothing but positives to say about him and his staff.

I currently work at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and specialise in Hand and Wrist surgery. I am passionate about my work and want to deliver Great care for all my patients. I previously worked at Barking Havering Redbridge NHS Trust as Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon I did my Orthopaedic Specialty Training on the Percival Pott Rotation in London and have had a global exposure to hand surgery from fellowships in the USA, India, Spain and France: 1. AO trauma fellowship - Indiana Hand to Shoulder centre, USA 2. Bruce Bailey fellowship in Microsurgery (British Society for Surgery of the Hand)- Ganga Hospital, India 3. Visting Hand Surgery Fellowship- Institut Kaplan with Dr Marc Garcia-Elias, Barcelona 4. Visiting Hand Surgery Fellowship- Institut de la Main- Prof. Mathoulin, Paris 5. One Year Hand Surgery Fellowship, Pulvertaft hand Centre, Derby Qualifications; MBBS MRCS FRCS(Orth) BSSH postgraduate Diploma in Hand Surgery Hon Senior Lecturer Queen Mary's University, London.

Short link to review Mr Philip Mathew : http://iwgc.net/ecnwa