Mr Peter Willson

Peter Willson is a Consultant Surgeon with an interest in benign surgery of the upper gut, liver, biliary tree and pancreas. He also specialises in abdominal hernia surgery and performs much of his procedures using laparoscopic (keyhole) techniques. His NHS base is Kingston Hospital.

« 1 2 3 4 »

27th May 2016
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

Mr Wilson has operated on my hernia last night which turned out to be 3 hernia. Super impressed with Mr Willson, very kind, explained everything and I would highly recommend him and staying at the New Victoria Hospital is a lovely experience. I am quite sad to be leaving actually.

30th March 2016
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

I was under the care of Mr Wilson and his team during a recent abdominal hernia operation. I found both Mr Wilson and his team to be highly professional and caring. This was the second abdominal hernia I have had to have repaired and fortunately this time it was repaired by means of a laparoscopic procedure. I have been very satisfied with the results of the surgery and my recovery, even though I am twelve years older, has been much quicker. I highly recommend Mr Wilson and his team at Kingston Hospital.

17th June 2014
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

Mr Willson saved my life in January 2008 by removing my colon that resembled a colander. I bear his 'chop' mark but his extraordinary skills as a surgeon were subsequently made clear to me by my gastroenterologist and his other colleagues. By keeping his team on their toes he also made sure that I had excellent care from his firm during my further 2 operations and post care. He is warm, empathetic and passionate about the care of his patients. I have severe reflux problems and my research suggested the magnificently named Nissen's Fundoplication might be the answer. I still have some echoes of the PTSS that I suffered after my 2008 illness and it was not easy to decide to put myself into the path of more surgery. I had no doubt that Mr Willson was the man for the job - I actively sought him out. I have often been identified as 'an interesting case' which I understand in medic speak is that I have a complicated medical history. Mr Willson set out his plans for his meticulous investigations. Every aspect, from the possibility of previous post operative adhesions to the state of my drainpipe-like oesophagus, he has collected massive amounts of information and his analysis is that a Nissen's Fundo is not in my best interests. I had no trouble accepting his opinion because he had explained at every step the tests, the reasons for his actions and his conclusions. He also gave me the option to contact him if subsequently I wanted to discuss his decision again. He has referred me to a gastroenterologist to see if there are any medications etc that can help. I think that whatever put me in his hands in 2008 has turned again in 2014 - in spite of being given a 'fit for purpose' for recent baseline respiratory tests at a different hospital - Mr Willson has identified areas of possible serious concern. He has referred me to a respiratory system specialist and the earliest diagnosis may turn out to be significant. He is thorough, compassionate and upbeat. He treats the whole person even if , like me, you have a bad case of medical Monopoly.

7th June 2014
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

After some terrible service by doctors on the NHS, I was very pleasantly surprised at the attentive and helpful approach by Mr Willson. I didn't feel rushed and he made me feel that he really cared about what I was experiencing. He even took the time to explain my condition and give me tips on how to reduce my symptoms.

6th May 2014
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

Mr Willson explained everything very well and was very polite,informed me of the procedure and of the fact it could be done by keyhole surgery or that if it couldn't be done what the full surgery would entail,he informed me of the recovery time after whatever surgery.I was seen very quickly (meaning near my appt time)overall i was very pleased with my consultation.

« 1 2 3 4 »