Mr Peter Kneeshaw

Mr Kneeshaw's major interests are breast disease, breast reconstruction and cosmetic breast surgery. He received training in regional units in Yorkshire specialising in reconstructive surgery and has completed a National Oncoplastic Fellowship. Mr Kneeshaw is experienced in all areas of breast cancer surgery. He can offer a wide range of reconstructive procedures. These include immediate or delayed setting expander-based reconstruction and tissue based reconstruction using latissimus dorsi (autologous and with implant). He is also able to perform balancing procedures such as breast augmentation, breast reduction, uplifts, nipple reconstruction and tattooing. Mr Kneeshaw is also able to offer lipomodelling which can be used to treat some asymmetry or shape defects after previous breast surgery.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

14th September 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

I had too surgery last week. Mr Kneeshaw performed it. He was great because he inspired confidence, he was approachable, friendly and, unsurprisingly, very competent. I am delighted with the result and if any trans guys out there are wondering who to pick, then wonder no more. Mr Kneeshaw is the man!

30th June 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Mr Kneeshaw to me is the kindest, most compassionate of men. Anyone in his care is truly blessed. Many surgeons are skilled, for that is their chosen path in life.Very few possess the touching qualities of humility, approachability and genuine goodness.If he is your consultant, be very thankful.I am.Still alive after 5 years, not all due to Mr Kneeshaw to be fair, others have saved my life. However, he is a golden nugget .

10th March 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I have had 5 operations in 6 months by Mr Kneeshaw due to Pagetts disease, cancer cells in my right breast. He did a biopsy, removed my milk ducts and nipple area (where I was having problems), did another operation as there were still cancer cells in 2 areas, he removed my nodes under my arm, then I had a mastectomy using my stomach to rebuild my breast in an 8 hour operation. It was a very difficult 6 months for me and Mr Kneeshaw and his team were excellent. The consultations and surgery were 1st class. The last operation had a 4 month recovery period and after only 6 weeks I was able to return to work, as I am an accountant sat at a desk all day. My operation was 9 weeks ago now and although I look like a jigsaw puzzle, I can not believe how well I have healed already! As all my cancer cells have gone I have had a lucky escape from the dreaded CANCER! What would we do without people like these to save our lives?

28th November 2015
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I have just finished surgery/treatment for breast cancer and was fortunate enough to have Mr Kneeshaw as my consultant - he is one of the most compassionate and kind people I have ever met.

29th September 2014
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I've been a patient of Mr Kneeshaw's as a transgendered male undergoing a bilateral mastectomy and chest reconstruction. Since my initial consultation he has been patient, kind, and professional, showing a great ability to emphasise and put patients at ease. He provided and talked me through all available options, taking the time to show me previous cases as similar to my own as possible, and was honest about what results to expect. His friendly personality went a long way in making me feel less apprehensive and scared when the time for my surgery came around, and I am very pleased with the results of his work on my chest. He was very understanding of the specific needs of transgendered patients with regards to surgical treatment, and not once was I made to feel uncomfortable - he is concerned with giving the best result to his patient, whatever their reason for surgery. Great guy, great surgeon.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »