Mr Pavi Agrawal

Pavi Agrawal is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon specialising in cataract and glaucoma surgery in Nottingham. He graduated from the University of Cambridge and then completed his core ophthalmology training, following which he undertook the world prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital glaucoma fellowship training. He is now a leading expert in modern day glaucoma treatments as well as cataract surgery. He practices in centres of excellence within the east midlands, with clinics at Queens Medical Centre, BMI The Park and The Spire Nottingham. As an NHS consultant, he has set up and now runs a tertiary centre of excellence in the treatment of complex glaucoma using aqueous-shunt surgery, where patients are referred to him from other eye surgeons throughout Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire, and beyond. He endeavours to provide the highest quality ophthalmic care, tailoring specific treatment options to the individual needs of his patients.

14th June 2018
Written by a patient at Nottingham University Hospital

After a number of years of being treated for glaucoma in the Midlands area its a great comfort and relief for me to finally have my eyes looked after by someone as competent as Mr Agrawal. His positive interventions retained the sight in my eyes on two differing occasions (trabeculectomy in 2015 and 2016). I have seen a number of doctors and consultants over the years but I genuinely would not trust my eyes to anyone else now. I sometimes find eye appointments quite stressful as the outcome of a consultation is so important so having that level of trust and reassurance has been been a huge help. I would not hesitate to highly recommend him as a consultant or surgeon. Gareth (Nottingham)

Written by a patient at Nottingham University Hospital

I was recenctly seen by Mr Agrawal at the QMC after i was referred from Boots Opticians. They were concerned that my eye pressure was high and that there was a chance I could have glaucoma. I had further tests with Mr Agrawal who was extremely patient and understanding as I was very anxious. He was thorough and very knowlegable and his years of experience definately showed. He took the time to explain all of my results to me in a language I understood and I left reassured and satisfied I had received the best possible eye care. Mr Agrawal comes highly recommended

Written by a patient at Spire Nottingham Hospital

I can’t thank Mr Agrawal enough for what he has done for me. He was recommend to me by a good friend following two successful cataract operations. After the initial consultation it was clear to me how important it is to have my glaucoma managed by someone who is a specialist in this condition. Small changes he made to my medications have brought my pressure under control for the first time in years and brought and end to pain I was suffering with. I have the utmost confidence in Mr Agrawal’s ability to continue to manage my glaucoma and should I need and operation in the future I know he is the man for the job.

Written by a patient at Spire Nottingham Hospital

Mr Agrawal is extremely knowledgable is his specialist field of glaucoma. After the initial consultation I felt very confident in his ability to manage my glaucoma succesfully. He was always professional and replied to any queries I had very quickly. I would deifnely recommend, a fantastic and genuinely caring doctor.

Nearest Ophthalmologists