Mr Paul Thorpe

Fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing exclusively in Spine Surgery including Adult and Paediatric Deformity, Cervical and Lumbar Degenerative conditions, Trauma and Tumour surgery. Also provide Occupational Health and Medicolegal reports including Personal Injury and Medical Negligence reports.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

27th April 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Taunton

I like his cheerful confidence, his respectful, non -patronising manner and his willingness to listen. He is careful to explain his approach to the patient's issues and thus gives the patient time to grasp the choices and have meaningful input into the decisions taken

27th April 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Taunton

Extremely careful in ensuring that I understood all options ( and risks ) in selecting my preferred treatment plan.

10th April 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Taunton

From the very start I found that Mr Thorpe was happy to listen and seemed to move a lot faster in getting me treatment than i'd ever experienced before. In the past the range of reactions has been everything from "it's all in your head, there's nothing wrong with you" through to "but your too young for us to risk something like this", yet this didn't happen this time. My initial consultation was like a breath of fresh air and I really felt listened too and valued as a patient, not just another number. Mr Thorpe gave me the options available to me and explained the pro's and con's of them all, he also helped to guide me towards the right decision without being pushy or over bearing. The day of the opp i was so nervous but Mr Thorpe was positive throughout and really put my mind at ease that everything would be okay. I've had spinal injections before, but without sedation, and I wasn't at all keen to have them again but just as Mr Thorpe promised I don't actually remember having these ones and the difference has been profound. I am now back at work and getting back to normal, overall a great service and a lovely chap!

7th April 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Taunton

Laminectomy and Discectomy carried out at Nuffield Taunton by Dr Thorpe. Very pleased with the outcome and felt as if I was in very good hands from start to finish. Good explanations and literature provided about expectations and possible problem post operation. Good follow up as required.

Short link to review Mr Paul Thorpe: http://iwgc.net/eeiq2