Mr Paul Thorpe

Fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing exclusively in Spine Surgery including Adult and Paediatric Deformity, Cervical and Lumbar Degenerative conditions, Trauma and Tumour surgery. Also provide Occupational Health and Medicolegal reports including Personal Injury and Medical Negligence reports.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

6th November 2017
Written by a patient at Taunton and Somerset Hospital

Have been on receiving end of surgical skills for a very extensive two-stage procedure. He and whole team involved could not have been better. What is even better is a brilliant post -op outcome

12th April 2018
Response from Mr Paul Thorpe

Thank you for your very kind feedback for our team, I am so pleased you have done well.

1st November 2017
Written by a patient at Taunton and Somerset Hospital

Mr Thorpe was extremely kind to me and reassuring throughout the process of having outpatient appointments to surgery! I've had an L5/S1 discectomy and 4 months on I feel better than ever! He was very thorough and explained what the process would be, what to expect and answered any queries I had. I cannot thank him enough for everything he has done and would highly recommend him.

12th April 2018
Response from Mr Paul Thorpe

Thank you for your very kind feedback, and your kind sentiments, I am very pleased you have done so well

5th June 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Taunton

This specialist put me at my ease immediately and prescribed diagnostic MRIs to inform his diagnosis and treatment. He had been previously recommended by a peer surgeon at the same hospital and had impressive credentials. When I found that the procedures he was offering were not payable under my Private Health Insurance arrangements he lost no time in organising this work at the public expense (NHS). I shall review again when the treatment has been completed

12th April 2018
Response from Mr Paul Thorpe

Thank you for your kind feedback about the consultation at the Nuffield. We understand the stress that can be associated for patients who need, for whatever reason, to change between the Private sector and the NHS, and we try and support this process to make it as smooth and as efficient as possible. I hope that your treatment has now been completed to your satisfaction.

7th May 2017
Written by a patient at Taunton and Somerset Hospital

Mr Thorpe gave me all the information about the operation and he listen to me he made me fill relaxed. I just hope he can reduce the pain in my legs so that I can enjoy walking again.

12th April 2018
Response from Mr Paul Thorpe

Thank you for your kind words about how we prepare you for your operation and support your decision-making. I hope you have had a good outcome now you have had your surgery

4th May 2017
Written by a carer at Taunton and Somerset Hospital

Having previously visited this man over several years with my daughter, we were always pleased to see him as he was always kind, professional and even shared pictures of his dog on one occasion. However on our last visit he was most rude and nasty. He told my daughter that she was the least important person he had seen today and the reason he was late seeing us was that he had seen much more complicated cases. He then proceeded to say that as he hadn't seen us for two years it may well be that my daughter would need steel rods put into her back to support her spine (this isn't classed as important or complicated and why not seen for two years? He then asked my 15 year old who has celebral palsy and some learning difficulties, directly "do you want steel rods put in your back? I know normal teenagers would care about their appearance but you don't want all that do you?" In all we were with him no more than ten minutes and told by him that we should have another X-ray in six months and he would then perform a virtual appointment where he will speak to us over the phone. No thank you. We will not be seeing this man ever again or recommend him.

Short link to review Mr Paul Thorpe: http://iwgc.net/eeiq2