Mr Paul Thiruchelvam

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

21st November 2017
Written by a carer at Charing Cross Hospital

It is only good words we can say about Dr Paul Thiruchelvam. At that difficult time I always felt my wife was well taken care for. We found him very detail oriented, straigtforward and professional in everything that he did. We were pleasently surprised when on a couple of occasions he poped up at her oncologists appointments to discuss certain details which was completely unexpected. At that point we knew he cares for his patients and will go an extra mile to provide them the best care they need. He worked very late on the operation night and early the next morning he was right there to check on his patients to make sure they are well. We would definitely recommend Dr Paul to anyone as you can be sure you will get the great care from the from the Great Doctor.

19th October 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I saw Dr Thiruchelvam earlier this week after discovering a lump in my breast. He was absolutely amazing - not only with the care and patience with which he examined me but also that he had, proactively booked me in for an ultrasound and mammogram which meant I had the results on the same day. He managed my anxiety very well and his team (including the fantastic radiology team) were very caring in their approach. I would very highly recommend Dr Thiruchelvam to everybody.

18th October 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

It is 6 weeks today since I left hospital after a wide local excision and mammoplasty under the care of Paul Thiruchelvam. I am extremely pleased that I met Paul on the day he delivered my diagnosis and then fully explained and drew (on me!) the plan for surgery. He explained all succinctly and answered questions and concerns with understanding, for example, we agreed to delay surgery slightly so I could continue with my plans to visit my unwell father. I left the diagnosis consultation knowing clearly what was going to happen and when and who with (Paul also booked in his colleague Daniel Leff to reduce the operation time) ensuring I was confident about next steps and reducing anxiety during a bit of a crazy time getting to grips with what was going on. Surgery went well and Paul always asked how I was each time I saw him on that day and was there when I woke up. He called my husband to let him know how surgery had gone and that I'd be back in the ward. Over the next couple of days he visited, checked up on his work and let me know about the follow up appointment which was exactly a week later. Results were great and breasts look great too! Appreciated the efficiency and speed at which everything happened. I am extremely gratefully to Paul and his team.

9th October 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I met Dr Thiruchelvam after I was diagnosed with breast cancer, he explained to me what was going to happen next with regards to my treatment and surgery.Although it was a lot to take in he put it across so well I remembered most of information. When the time came for my surgery I met with him again he put me at ease explained all my options clearly and the risks involved. Once the surgery was done successfully the after care has been good from him and his team.

3rd October 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I was referred to Paul Thiruchelvam in June this year, at Charring Cross Hospital. Paul had to deliver the news that I had cancer in my left breast. He was very considerate, answered my questions and explained what would happen next. I was initially in the care of the breast surgeons at the West Middlesex Hospital , but when it was decided that I would have a mastectomy and immediate reconstruction using a DIEP flap, I was referred back to Paul at Charring Cross, together with their plastics team under Frank Henry and my breast care nurse Bernie. I cannot praise highly enough the level of care that I have received from all of the doctors and nurses at Charring Cross Hospital. Paul and his team have always been very helpful and sensitive in all of our meetings, including when I was in hospital following my operation, on ward 10 South. Paul has always answered by questions fully, even the most obvious ones and dealt with me in a caring and thoughtful manner. Bernie agreed to see me on spec one day, when I was worried about something, which I really appreciated. Post-op, I want to say that I have received fantastic care from the plastics dressings nurse Lena and the nurses who have stood in for her clinic over the past two weeks. It is devastating to receive the diagnosis of breast cancer and I felt that I was on a frightening journey, with no idea of how it would end, or what I would have to face along the way. But, I had every confidence in Paul and his team and this really helped me to stay positive and keep going. I would have no hesitation in recommending Paul to other breast cancer patients.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »