Mr Paul Thiruchelvam

7th April 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Paul is an incredibly caring surgeon. The operation he performed initially had a superb outcome. He gives the impression that he worries about you as an individual finding time to answer questions and talk about your case. He never rushes you out but gives you all the time you need. He makes himself available and will always reply to an email (day or night) particularly if you are asking a question. He is also completely honest and does not seek to placate you with false optimism. You know where you stand at all times. Considering the number of issues in my case, the pace was maintained throughout. Paul's surgery skills are amazing and the outcome superb. Unfortunately I needed a follow up operation to remove further lymph nodes. This was undertaken swiftly and efficiently. Paul explained clearly that this was necessary because the cancer needed to be removed. In retrospect I think it would be useful to record where the radiologist takes the initial biopsy of the lymph nodes as a guide to the surgeon so if it was positive (or negative) in terms of cancerous cells that area could found again at a later stage. It may avoid taking out lymph nodes unnecessarily. However Paul and his team were quite simply superb throughout my surgery and the aftercare was exemplary and I would recommend Charing Cross to anyone as a centre of excellence which supported me through this immensely difficult time.

4th April 2017
Written by a carer at Charing Cross Hospital

Paul is looking after my stepmother after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. In her words she says " I am very lucky because he is my doctor". We all found him very professional, confident, supportive, caring and he explains very well what is going on and what needs to be done. In the preoperation room, Paul comes to greet his patients and gives them some support before they go in to theater. My step mother and all of us are very comfortable talking to him because he listens. All of these factors make the difficult appointments a little easier because we know we are seeing him. A good doctor that a patient can trust and feel comfortable with is a positive factor and affects how the patient feels during treatment. We fully recommend Paul and we wish him all the best in progressing even higher in his carrier, he is a lovely doctor with a lovely smile.

20th March 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Paul was a professional of the highest order and in particular took time to explain all the elements of my treatment before and after surgery.He was able to provide expert information and instill confidence in the forthcoming procedures at a very difficult period for me. The follow up visits after the operation were extremely helpful and he seemed both personally and professionally pleased with the positive outcome. Finally, he and the whole team performed beyond any expectations and should be highly congratulated for the level of care,interpersonal skills and medical expertise.

6th March 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

After a long and complex breast screening process, loaded with bad memories from a past family history, I was diagnosed with a primary breast cancer at 41. It has been an emotional journey but I was fortunate enough to have Doctor Paul as my Breast Surgeon Consultant. I underwent surgery, a combined Therapeutic Mammoplasty and Mastopexy to remove the cancer from one breast and reduce accordingly the other to keep the symmetry of both (an “all in one” operation I would call it!), which went very well. Now I can highly recognised Dr Paul’s outstanding care and achievement. He did not only remove the cancer from my breast but restore my femininity. His quick and assured self-intervention to remove drains and dressings the next morning, in the hospital ward, let me discover a good breast-conserving size with a nice symmetry between both breasts and no stitches. That made me smile again after an emotional night. Feeling safe and reassured with the vision of my reshaped breasts helped me considerably to rebuild confidence and pride. After my operation and once I was back at home, I received from Dr Paul regular short calls to check on the progress of my recovery. This kind initiative truly shows how much he cares about his patients and is dedicated to his work. I can only thank gratefully Dr Paul and praise his professional, communication and decision making skills.

4th March 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Being under the care of Mr Paul Thiruchelvam, I cannot praise him or his team enough. The attentive, sensitive and professional manner of Paul is very reassuring and I feel safe in the knowledge of being one of his patients. There is not a thing I can suggest to improve the service I have received other than to continue doing exactly what it is you already are doing. A very happy and thankful patient.

Short link to review Mr Paul Thiruchelvam: http://iwgc.net/eftdn