Mr Paul Thiruchelvam

20th March 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Paul was a professional of the highest order and in particular took time to explain all the elements of my treatment before and after surgery.He was able to provide expert information and instill confidence in the forthcoming procedures at a very difficult period for me. The follow up visits after the operation were extremely helpful and he seemed both personally and professionally pleased with the positive outcome. Finally, he and the whole team performed beyond any expectations and should be highly congratulated for the level of care,interpersonal skills and medical expertise.

6th March 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

After a long and complex breast screening process, loaded with bad memories from a past family history, I was diagnosed with a primary breast cancer at 41. It has been an emotional journey but I was fortunate enough to have Doctor Paul as my Breast Surgeon Consultant. I underwent surgery, a combined Therapeutic Mammoplasty and Mastopexy to remove the cancer from one breast and reduce accordingly the other to keep the symmetry of both (an “all in one” operation I would call it!), which went very well. Now I can highly recognised Dr Paul’s outstanding care and achievement. He did not only remove the cancer from my breast but restore my femininity. His quick and assured self-intervention to remove drains and dressings the next morning, in the hospital ward, let me discover a good breast-conserving size with a nice symmetry between both breasts and no stitches. That made me smile again after an emotional night. Feeling safe and reassured with the vision of my reshaped breasts helped me considerably to rebuild confidence and pride. After my operation and once I was back at home, I received from Dr Paul regular short calls to check on the progress of my recovery. This kind initiative truly shows how much he cares about his patients and is dedicated to his work. I can only thank gratefully Dr Paul and praise his professional, communication and decision making skills.

4th March 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Being under the care of Mr Paul Thiruchelvam, I cannot praise him or his team enough. The attentive, sensitive and professional manner of Paul is very reassuring and I feel safe in the knowledge of being one of his patients. There is not a thing I can suggest to improve the service I have received other than to continue doing exactly what it is you already are doing. A very happy and thankful patient.

3rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

The treatment I received from Dr Thiruchelvam was amazing. He explained everything very clearly and concisely at every stage. Treatment for breast cancer was diagnosed and treated in short space of time. After operation Dr. Thiruchelvam took the trouble to telephone my husband himself. As I was well, went home same day but next day he phoned again to check all was well and again a few days later. Another doctor also phoned. All my friends are totally amazed by this standard of care from such a busy person.

3rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Mr Thiruchelvam treated me with care and sensitivity throughout my treatments and fully informed me as to what to expect during and after surgery and what the follow-up treatment would be. I really do feel as though I could not have received better care anywhere and extend this compliment to the entire breast services team at Charing Cross. His honesty about the situation matched that of his positivity in the outcome which not only gave me a realistic picture but made me feel secure that correct decisions were being made. I was parked near the nurses' station during my recovery after my second operation and could hear staff comment that it it is unusual for a consultant to come and personally discharge all their patients, which he always does and which adds an extra degree of reassurance. He arrived early in the morning at the same time as his patients and was still working well after eight at night. He telephoned me himself at a quarter to eight one evening to confirm surgery for the following week. The level of post op painkillers seemed just about right and the use of glue instead of dressings made recovery a lot easier. So thank you to Paul and his colleagues for making what could have been a very distressing experience much, much easier to handle. Ms Marina De Luca

Short link to review Mr Paul Thiruchelvam: http://iwgc.net/eftdn