Mr Paul Thiruchelvam

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

15th September 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer 8 weeks ago. I was under the care of Mr T. What an amazing doctor he is. At every stage he explained everything so well, most of the time I kept forgetting I had the cancer. He explained all the options, issues and post surgery procedures so well. He made it all seem very easy and clear. On the day of surgery i love that he came on the ward to greet us, showing such care and concern. Mr T has done an absolutely amazing job on my op. Not only did I just come away with a 3" scar there was no damage to my breast. An absolute star, its just so neat and tidy. After surgery Mr T came to see if I was ok, which I found really nice. I loved how he was so professional, caring, kind and 'human' thus putting me at ease and making me very comfortable. An absolute legend in his field. Thank you so much.

11th September 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

Mr Thiruchelvam peformed a left breast stereowire wide local incision in day surgery at Charing Cross. Everyone I dealt with during my diagnosis and treatment was kind, efficient, and supportive. I was extremely anxious about surgery and I had a bit of wobble on the day waiting for surgery as a result of my blood pressure being very high. Mr Thiruchelvam took the time to come and talk to me in the middle of a day of back to back surgery to reassure me and calm me down. I've just had my post-operative consultation (had settled in the waiting room to read my book anticipating a bit of delay so was surprised to be called in exactly on time) and have been given the all clear. The scarring looks as if it will be minimal and I have experienced very little post-operative pain. I definitely felt confident in Mr Thiruchelvam's care. He explained clearly what would happen and each stage of my treatment and is obviously an extremely skilled surgeon.

24th August 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

After being diagnosed with a locally advanced breast cancer I consider myself privileged to have been under the care of Mr Paul Thiruchelvam and his team. Paul has the skills and qualities you want in a great surgeon (integrity and good decision making) which made my experience from diagnosis to post surgery less daunting. Paul communicated all information, options and recommendations about my treatment with clarity and took great care listening to my concerns and made sure all was done in accordance with my wishes. I was especially impressed by the amount of face to face time from clinical appointments to the day of the surgery and after on the ward. Paul would also phone me in person to discuss any urgent matter and to check on my progress. Pre-surgery I suffered a few set-backs and my treatment and planned surgery needed to be changed. It was a very difficult time for me and he handled it with sensitivity and care. His professionalism made me feel comfortable, safe and human, and reassured I was cared for with great attention. Paul removed my cancer by preforming a skin- and nipple-sparing mastectomy, axillary node clearance with an immediate implant reconstruction with mesh. Prior to my surgery I’ve been reluctant to have any procedure done that involved taking body tissues from my stomach. I’ve had four previous abdominal operations in the past so this was a big deal for me. I felt relieved when Paul suggested this option. The result is amazing! I am very pleased how it looks and I feel great. All left is a scar under my left breast which will fade. I had no problems during the healing period, just a minor fluid build-up after the axillary node clearance. I am so grateful for the care and the final result and I can’t praise Paul and his team at Charing Cross Hospital enough.

4th August 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I had a very good experience ,great care under Dr Paul Thiruchelvam. Everything was what I wanted and I was given appropriate support from the day he told me about my diagnosis of breast cancer. What ever was to happen was discussed with me and all the appointments were arranged around my needs.I did not want any reconstruction at all but he informed me of all the procedures and other options. I had trust in him right from the start, with the support of my best breast specialist nurse Bernie Rizon.My surgery went very well and I was pleased with the care I received, Dr Thiruchelvam visited me with his team on the ward after the surgery, he checked me and asked if I wanted to have a look how the stitching had been done, my answer was No. The following morning he came to check on me again with his team, he removed the corset that was around my chest, very reassuring and kind but that day he did not ask me if I wanted to have a look. That was great, at my own time I got up and went to freshen up and at that point I felt strong and positive to have a look at my self in the mirror. Thank you so much Dr Thiruchelvam for your kindness and care, you do your job with a lot of empathy and understanding of every individual needs, I am lucky to be in your care.

3rd August 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I have just been from the Charing Hospital for my follow-up appointment after my surgery last week. Mr Paul Thiruchelvam saw me and gave the result from my breast surgery and I could jump up with joy when he told me that all the cancers were removed. He has done a great job and I'm really pleased with the result. Of course, I have not fully recovered yet but I'm definitely getting there. Not only Dr Paul's job I admired and thankful but all the staff, the other doctors and all the nurses in his department are wonderful. I am really so grateful to all at the Breast Services Department but most of all thank you so much to Doctor Thiruchelvam who did a fantastic job for my breast surgery. I had a great experience I could share with other patients. I'm waiting for my therapy and hopefully I will looked after just the same. Thank you so much Doctor Paul Thiruchelvam!

« 1 2 3 4 5 »