Mr Paul Leeder

I am a consultant general laparoscopic surgeon with an interest in Upper GI, Cancer and Bariatric (weight loss) surgery. My specialist practice also includes laparoscopic hernia, reflux and gallbladder surgery. Since qualifying as a doctor in 1989, my specialist surgical training has taken me from Nottingham to Leeds and Oxford. I was awarded a prestigious fellowship in Laparoscopic Surgery at The Royal Adelaide Hospital, before taking up my consultant post in Derby in 2002. I have been a member of The Council of The Association Of Laparoscopic Surgeons since 2010. I have been committed to providing a specialist laparoscopic service in The East Midlands, for both NHS & private patients. I currently perform over 300 laparoscopic procedures per year, with nationally published outcomes.

11th December 2019

In November I had surgery with Dr Leeder and his team, they made feel totally at easy before the operation and assured me everything went well after surgery. Thanks again to you and your team

14th November 2019

Laparoscopic repair to large paraesophageal hiatus hernia carried out by Mr Leeder and his team, April 2017. Very clear explanations of what was involved plus Sunday visit by Mr Leeder during 2 day post-op hospital stay. Two years later I developed symptoms which I feared may have been caused by failure of the repair. Thorough investigations resulted, including CT scan, endoscopy, barium meal and colonoscopy. The hiatus hernia repair was revealed as stable and the relatively mild symptoms probably connected with some degradation of oesophagal and stomach muscle function, together with mild diverticular disease. All in all I feel it unlikely that the medical care I have received from Mr Leeder and his team could have been bettered anywhere.

14th November 2019

Mr Leader is thorough, understanding and willing to go the extra mile to help resolve the problems I consulted him with. He is always affable & it is a pleasure to have someone so reliable and consistent available at the Derby Royal Hospital. I am confident that should I need to see him again I will receive the very best of care. Jayne Morley

1st November 2019

I have consulted Mr Leeder a number of times over the last 3 years and cannot speak highly enough of the treatment I have received from him and his team. He has always explained everything very clearly,has always been very personable, courteous and highly professional. I would not hesitate to seek a consultation with him again should circumstances dictate.

31st October 2019

I found Mr Leeder to be both informative and helpful, he listened to what I had to say and explained the procedure for the operation in a way that was easy to understand. He was sympathetic, he did not rush the appointment and answered all questions put to him.

Short link to review Mr Paul Leeder: http://iwgc.net/evfm