Mr Paul Gurr

Written by a patient at BMI The Saxon Clinic
10th September 2020

I was under the care of Mr Gurr for 5 years after having throat cancer and major surgery. I felt completely looked after with him and he is very caring. Although I originally booked with him as a private patient my operations were on the NHS. I felt he was very thorough and an brilliant surgeon and also was really good at putting you at ease in times of immense stress. He was good at making sure I was well informed about all my options and even when I made a very quick choice to opt for surgery (which would have obviously been his choice being a surgeon), he made sure I had time to meet with the oncologists to weigh up both options and was straight talking too so I knew exactly what I was in for, warts and all. He always remembered the small details too and the last time I saw him, I hadn't seen him for a year and he still asked about my rabbits Although I was obviously ecstatic about getting signed off after 5 years I was sad not to be under his care anymore.

Written by a carer at Milton Keynes Hospital
18th April 2019

My husband has been having treatment from Mr Paul Gurr for three years plus. I can only say that he's a brilliant man in his care, and surgery. Always very professional in his approach. My husband trusts Paul Gurr implicitly. Always willing to listen and understanding. Thanks for everything . . . . . . Mrs COOTE

Written by a patient at BMI The Saxon Clinic
25th February 2018

Mr Paul Gurr has taken over 4 weeks and still has not sent a simple referral letter to my GP. He will not take calls directly and does not have a receptionist. So is basically impossible to get hold of after you have paid your private refferal fee. He is a pleasant person and you probably wouldnt have a problem if you go through to surgery privately. But if you choose to have a consultation privately and then operation through NHS your likely to have many problems and zero contact except for a request to pay him his fee.

Written by a patient at Milton Keynes Hospital
16th January 2018

Kind, caring and professional.

Written by a carer at BMI The Saxon Clinic
9th August 2017

Very poor attitude. Better off with NHS than going private to see Mr Gurr.

• Otolaryngology