mr-paul-drake

26th January 2023

Mr Drake is a brilliant surgeon, the scarring is minimal which is good especially on one’s face. He has operated on me personally 4 times now and I would recommend him. He is patient especially with extremely anxious patients like myself. The nursing colleagues in the room help to put one at ease.

23rd January 2023

Very impressed how quickly I was seen at the plastic surgery unit at Brighton General hospital. The procedure was explained and I was able to ask questions. Much less painful than I anticipated and aftercare given before allowing home. Mr Drake told me what he thought the problem was. and this was confirmed by histology. A letter followed informing me of the result. J. Muthurajah

19th January 2023

Mr Drake was very approachable and was very caring in his treatment. He took great care to ensure that I knew what was going on at all times and checked regularly that I was okay. The initial operation was quite lengthy and involved a skin graft. Care was taken to send me home with all the information I would need to heal well. I needed a small revision and this was arranged quickly. I would highly recommend Mr Drake and his team.

30th December 2022

Mr Drake removed a growth from my nose and used a skin flap to cover the hole. After a slight sting with the injections , absolutely painless. He designed the operation so my scars- very small and reducing - are in the natural creases of my face. I am healing at twice the expected rate - after 5 weeks [ stitches out after one ] the scars are pretty much invisible. He communicated with me clearly and precisely before , during, and after the operation. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for him and his team . It was a smoothly operating team . I feel lucky to have been treated by him and them. I am not a medic but I have some experience as an NHS Supplier and in Customer Service. I can find no recommendations to make , except to give the NHS and thus them adequate funding.

29th December 2022

I was seen by the dermatology team at Brighton General Hospital for a biopsy and subsequent excision of a basal cell carcinoma on my scalp, with the latter procedure performed by Mr Drake. Mr Drake and the entire team were both professional and friendly at all times; giving opportunity for any questions or concerns before, during and after the procedure. I was particularly thankful for the atmosphere in the operating room which helped put me at ease. The nursing and support team were wonderful at distracting me whilst Mr Drake got on with the job, and the general sense of teamwork across the whole department was lovely to witness. My only criticism was that the discharge paperwork advised removing the bandage after 1 week, but the verbal advice was 2 weeks. I left it for two and have had no issues. The wound is healing well.

Mr Paul Drake was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant Plastic Surgeon in the world-renowned Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead and practicing privately at Profile Aesthetic Aberdeen, Elanic Clinic Glasgow and the Battersea Clinic London. Mr Drake graduated from both the University of Glasgow and University College London.

Mr Drake's NHS practice focusses on the treatment of Burns, Skin Cancer and Major Trauma.

Mr. Drake also specialises in a broad range of aesthetic procedures for the face, breast, and body and was one of the first Plastic Surgeons in the UK to provide SmartLipo (laser-assisted liposuction) combined with power-assisted liposuction for body contouring.

In addition to clinical practice, Mr. Drake has a keen interest in informatics, clinical audit, and data analysis. He is the Chief Clinical Information Officer for Queen Victoria Hospital and is a member of the Faculty of Informatics. Mr. Drake has recently been accepted into the prestigious NHS Digital Academy Leadership Programme.

Nearest Plastic surgeons