Mr Paul Chatrath

• Otolaryngology

23rd August 2017
Written by a carer at Spire Hartswood Hospital

In June we met with Dr Chatrath to talk about our son who is fifteen and who in the last five months only had a school attendance of 50% and had had tonsillitis three times and had constant problems with his throat . We made the decision to have the tonsills removed and like many parents we worried about the operation even on the week of the operation my son got tonsillitis again now making it four times .On the day of the operation we were still not sure it would go ahead but it did and everything went well and only a few hours later my son was ready to eat infact we left the hospital and headed to a McDonald's. But before we left Dr Chatrath explained everything we needed to know and what to expect after the operation and how to manage the pain he might be in , but the weird thing was yes he was in pain and discomfort but compared to some of the previous bouts of tonsillitis he was able to manage really well and also had a big appetite throughout his recovery so it wasn't all doom and gloom so thanks again Dr Chatrath my sons experience could not have gone better.

19th June 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I had a tonsillectomy in March 2017. Heard really bad things about recovery but can honestly say I didn't have hardly any pain. I couldn't recommend Dr Chatrath more he made me feel 100% at ease and was very clear and precise in conversation. I would definitely recommend him. Thanks to Dr Chatrath and Spire Hartswood hospital for a really easy experience of my first ever op. Thanks!

3rd May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Mr Chatrath is a very nice gentleman and extremely professional and courteous. I'd been suffering for some years with almost constant sinus pain and related illness. After conducting the various tests and discussions on findings it was decided that the best course of action was a septoplasty to fix my deviated septum and balloon sinuplasty because of narrow frontal pathways. The surgery went well and everyone involved were great . I was quite anxious on the day but the whole team really helped to keep me as calm as possible and answer any questions . I'm writing this 4 weeks post op, I've just had my follow up and he's happy with how it's all healing. I can breathe much easier and through both sides of my nose for first time in years. I've adhered to my post op instructions but can honestly say the hardest part is the first week after the op. It was nice that his secretary, Sue, was and is always on hand to help plus I was able to contact the spire ward if needs be. If your looking for a specialist in this field then I'd have no hesitation in recommending Mr chatrath.

17th February 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Dr Chatrath is clearly a very capable doctor who inspires confidence in his patients. His friendly, pleasant demeanour puts one at ease in potentially stressful circumstances...a previous generation would have called it "a good bedside manner". I was referred to ENT as breathing through my nose was difficult; Dr Chatrath implanted a titanium strip which has worked wonderfully - I now breath with ease. The operation was performed expertly and healing went well. I hope the NHS is able to retain a doctor of Paul Chatrath's standing.

30th May 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I found Paul Chatrath an excellant consultant to talk to about my clinical problems and soon trusted his knowledge and expertise in explaining the various options and treatment that he thought were appropriate. Between us we would discuss options available and reach agreement. He performed an operation on my throat that was sucessful and to date remains so, I am very grateful to him for his expertise. You may find someone equal, but not better.

Nearest Otolaryngologists