Mr Otumeluke Umughele

18th June 2017
Written by a patient at Withybush General Hospital

I first met Mr Umughele 3 years ago when my bowel cancer screening had shown I had a problem. His wonderful gentle manner and communication skills were quick to reassure me that there could be a positive outcome after some necessary surgery. He explained in detail that the entire length of my colon needed to be removed to clear the cancer and that he hoped he would be able to reconnect my intestines directly to avoid the need for a 'bag'. So, after my colectomy and 'ileo-rectal anastomosis' (no bag!), I had a great recovery with no great pain. In fact I was back to my Scottish Country Dancing after 4 weeks, allbeit at a gentler rate than usual and my scar had almost disappeared after 18 months or so. Throughout, I and members of my family were treated with great courtesy and respect by Mr Umughele. Nothing was too much trouble, anything could be explained to the finest detail necessary to ensure it was completely understood. In fact he felt like a great friend with whom you could discuss anything with ease - and what a great sense of humour too!

Short link to review Mr Otumeluke Umughele: http://iwgc.net/ee6su