mr-osama-dessouky-msc-md-frcs-orl-hns-ent-consultant

Mr Osama Dessouky MSc MD FRCS (ORL-HNS) ENT Consultant

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

#sayThankYou

My Name is Robert,male aged 41. I was referred to Dr Dessouky at Croydon University hospital because I was having throat problems, pain,tightness in throat and hoarse voice. Being rather anxious in the waiting area, as soon as Dr Dessouky called me through he greeted me with a smile,which automatically made me feel at ease. I explained all my issues, then gave me a thorough examination and used a camera to check my throat. He then diagnosed my condition as acid re-flux and my throat had signs of acid burns, he reassured me this was very common and there was nothing sinister to be concerned about. His manner and how calming he was, was amazing , I felt so much tension in the days building up to this appointment and it just went and I felt this amazing relief. Due to the Covid-19 I could not attend my follow up appointment but Dr Dessouky phoned me today for a follow up appointment, I had some concerns which I wanted to discuss as my acid had flared a bit recently and was triggering my asthma, but he reassured me, gave me some advice, and as always put me at complete ease. I cannot express how grateful I am for this wonderful care system with have, and I will be forever grateful for all the amazing care and support I have been given. From the bottom of my heart thank you. Kind regards. Robert Below I have written the changes and steps I have made,hopefully it may help anyone who is suffering from similar acid re-flux. The steps I have made based on the advice the Dr gave me, and further research I have made. 1.Stopped all fizzy drinks. 2.Stopped eating sugary food, cakes etc. 3.(This really helps) breathing techniques, to keep stress and anxiety levels down. The Hoff breathing technique. 4.Improved diet, I eat 3 meals a day plus 2 healthy snacks, I do not eat after 6 pm currently,when I am back to work I wont eat after 7 pm. I also try and avoid any foods that may induce acid. Also my meals balanced , so in lunch and dinner, I have protein, carbs,and veg. 5.Eating slowly and chewing food more, this reduces indigestion and reduces acid. 5. I am taking Gaviscon for a recommended period of 6 weeks .I take 2 spoons after breakfast and 2 spoons after dinner. 6. Exercise , I for the last weeks have begun exercising, and this week I found the amazing NHS couch to 5k app, today I completed run 2 of week 1. (side note on the exercise I noticed that after exercise my acid was a bit worse which triggers asthma feelings, but i did some research today, and found out you need to wait 2-3 hours after eating before exercise, where i was eating breakfast (porridge and raisins)then exercising 40 mins to 1 hr later. So now I will exercise first then eat breakfast after.

14th May 2020
31st March 2020

I came in for an open septorhinoplasty with PDS implant and was in the care of Mr Osama Dessouky. From our initial meeting in our first consultation, I knew this was the right consultant and I knew he would look after me and choose the best option for me. He explained to me the procedure, highlighted the risks but also made me feel confident in the process that I was in good hands - and indeed I was. on the day of my procedure, the nurse cam in to admit me and she was ever so lovely and comforted me as she could tell I was nervous. I was then seen by the anaesthist and she also made me feel comfortable, asked me a few questions and told me that I was in good hands. When I went into the operating theatre, I was greeted by the team and I was attended to. Despite being nervous about the procedure -which I am sure anyone would, I felt that I was in safe hands. After the procedure I was left to calmly wake up and I was once again attended to by the nurses who were so lovely and helped me - I cannot thank them enough. When I cam back for my post operation consultation, I couldn't be more happier to see the results in pictures. I would like to thank the team who have helped me in my time of need by looking after me, and most importantly Mr Osama who has helped improve my quality of living as I am now able to breath properly - something I have not been able to do my whole life.

26th March 2020

I had a problem with my nose.I could not breath at all through my nose. My sinuses were filled with secret. Doctor Dessouky advised me to do functional endoscopic sinus surgery. The surgery was at 13 February 2020 and today 26 March 2020 I feel so well. I can breath normally. It is because I trusted doctor Dessouky.

26th March 2020

Mr. Osama Dessouky and his team did exceptional surgical operation. By the grace of Almighty Allah, I feel much better now. Dr. Dessouky explained me well before surgery and post surgery all the key steps and care I need to take. I personally believe Mr. Dessouky is well trained and experience surgeon at present time. I wish him and his team all the best and good luck.

Written by a patient at Bounds Geen Group Practice
3rd March 2020

I was referred to Mr Dessouky back in October 2019 following a sudden rise in tinnitus levels (with a November appointment scheduled). As a professional musician, this greatly concerned me. I then attended a loud concert in early November, without wearing protective earplugs. This resulted in a great deal of acoustic trauma manifesting in what seemed to be major hearing loss issues and hyperacusis. I saw a private ENT a week after this incident who concluded that I would need hearing aids, trying to sell me a pair, and not seeing a chance of recovery without using such aids. My experience with Mr Dessouky later that month couldn't have been more different. He was very sympathetic about my situation, as I was particularly worried that I would be unable to continue working as a musician, and he understood how anxiety provoking it was. He put me very much at ease, and stated that this would hopefully be a transient phase, having recovered well from previous acoustic trauma in 2013 (sustained through a soundcheck at a concert I was playing at). His combination of being very knowledgeable and empathetic gave me much hope, and he referred me for a MRI scan as well as an appointment with an audiologist. My hearing and hyperacusis recovered well, although I experienced a setback last month from attending a loud concert with earplugs, which led to the same issues arising although to a lesser degree. I was due for a review with Mr Dessouky, so saw him again, being able to have a hearing test the day before at the Musicians' Hearing Service in Camden (highly recommended for any musicians and singers considering the amount of subsidised services that they offer). The hearing test showed that I had not experienced any damage to my hearing from this more recent incident, which was a relief. Upon seeing Mr Dessouky the following day, he was also pleased to see this, and did much to reassure me that my ears are fine, stating that what I'm experiencing with hyperacusis and tinnitus is a psychological issue. He has referred me for TRT and gave me some great advice, such as not to have another hearing test for a year. I see that other reviews mention how much Mr Dessouky went out of his way for them, and this was also my experience. To give an example of this, the private ENT still hadn't gotten back to me with my hearing test results when I first saw Mr Dessouky. He gave me his NHS email address and asked me to forward them ASAP so that he could review them for me. Two days later, I finally received the results and emailed them in the afternoon - later that evening, Mr Dessouky responded with an email that really inspired me to be more positive about recovering from the acoustic trauma. I really couldn't have hoped for a better ENT to be assigned to me! He is such a huge asset to the NHS and if I could rate him higher than 10 out of 10, I would. If you are lucky to have him as your ENT, you can be rest assured that you are in very safe hands.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Osama Dessouky MSc MD FRCS (ORL-HNS) ENT Consultant was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Specialist interest in Rhinoplasty, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Turbinate reduction surgery, Nasal blockage, Nasal allergy, Sinusitis, Snoring, Smell Disorders, General Paediatric ENT and General ENT

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Osama Dessouky MSc MD FRCS (ORL-HNS) ENT Consultant: http://iwgc.net/eh6ui