mr-omer-aziz

31st March 2020

Spoke to Dr Aziz over the telephone about my scan results and I must admit he makes you feel so at ease when he explains things to you,which to me is a huge plus.so once again I would just like to take this opportunity to once again thank him.

27th March 2020

I feel extremely privileged to have been referred to Mr Aziz and his team at the Christie. The quality of care was second to none, I was dealt with swiftly and put at ease during every step of my treatment. At my initial consultation everything about my condition was explained thoroughly and sensitively. Due to the current coronavirus pandemic I was unable to attend the Christie for my 6 week check, Mr Aziz telephoned me at my allotted appointment time and once again, explained clearly the pathology results following my surgery, how we would deal with any future treatment etc. I did not feel hurried and was able to ask lots of questions and, most importantly, reassured that Mr Aziz and his team are available if I need to contact them at any point and that they will continue to monitor me in the future.

27th March 2020

Mr Aziz was a fantastic consultant. He was extremely professional and spoke in a way that made my situation easy to understand and was more than happy to explain things multiple times if needed. Post surgery he explained my situation very clearly and made me feel at ease. He and his team provided amazing care during my surgery and afterwards. During my post opp appointment he explained the result of my tests clearly and made sure to check on how I was doing personally. When a consultant takes the time to treat you as a person and not just a patient it really helps. Overall I feel extremely lucky to have been treated Mr Aziz and his team.

Written by a patient at The Wilmslow Hospital
13th March 2020

Thank you Mr Aziz for making me feel at ease as I was very nervous before the consultation. Mr Aziz was very patient and considerate and I felt so much better after speaking to him. I am much relieved that I can now see a definite pathway to getting well again. Alistair (Cumbria)

28th February 2020

I am seven weeks post op following Pelvic clearance for bowel cancer recurrence. I can’t thank Mr Aziz and his team enough for the wonderful care I received throughout the whole process. I was very impressed and knew I was in excellent hands from the outset, at our first meeting it already felt like he knew me and my history which gave me immediate confidence in him. He gave me full explanation and information I needed regarding surgery options, risks and post op care. Mr Aziz was patient, empathetic and listened to my concerns over treatment delays that I had experienced at my local hospital. Mr Aziz was very attentive during my stay at The Christie and came to see me everyday, wherever I was ( recovery, critical care and ward 10) I have no doubt that Mr Aziz is a very skilled surgeon and just a really nice friendly but professional person who clearly enjoys his job and leads a wonderful team...who he must be very proud of. The care I received from Mr Aziz has definitely helped me recover quickly from a big operation and I would (and already have) highly recommend him to anyone without hesitation. I can’t thank you Mr Aziz and your wonderful team enough xx

Mr Omer Aziz was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr. Aziz is a consultant colorectal and laparoscopic surgeon at The Christie, one of Europe's largest comprehensive cancer centres. At the Colorectal and Peritoneal Oncology Centre he specialises in colorectal cancer (primary, advanced, and recurrent disease), anal cancer, appendix tumours, peritoneal tumours, and coloproctology. He is experienced in open and laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), advanced laparoscopic techniques, and endoscopic procedures. Mr Aziz's NHS practice is at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and he sees private patients at The Christie Clinic and The Wilmslow Hospital at 52 Alderley Road.

Short link to review Mr Omer Aziz: http://iwgc.net/eftsf