Mr Omer Aziz

Mr. Aziz is a consultant colorectal and laparoscopic surgeon at The Christie, one of Europe's largest comprehensive cancer centres. At the Colorectal and Peritoneal Oncology Centre he specialises in colorectal cancer (primary, advanced, and recurrent disease), anal cancer, appendix tumours, peritoneal tumours, and coloproctology. He is experienced in open and laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), advanced laparoscopic techniques, and endoscopic procedures. Mr Aziz's NHS practice is at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and he sees private patients at The Christie Clinic and The Wilmslow Hospital at 52 Alderley Road.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

11th February 2017
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

fantastic treatment and care by all the staff at the Christie Manchester . all the staff put you at ease which helps so much . thank you so very much for looking after me . ANDREW Lancaster .

7th February 2017
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

I found Mr Aziz and his team to be caring and compassionate. Mr Aziz took the time to explain in a calm and clear way what treatment he felt would be best for me. I underwent Cytoreductive surgery with HIPEC including right hemicolectomy on the 1st December 2016, my stay in hospital was 10 days, my recovery is progressing well. I received excellent care from all the medical and auxiliary staff at Christie Hospital. Thank you

16th January 2017

Completed previously

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

After first meeting Mr Aziz, he Really inspired me to have complete trust in him immediately, and took away any doubts that I had facing the major surgery. He was fantastic in reassuring me on both the risks and the benefits to having the operation, and answered any question and explained in great detail the 3 other options available to me. There is no way that I could expect to comment on how Mr Aziz could have improved on his professionalism, both before and after surgery.

14th January 2017
Written by a carer at Christie Hospital

To the uninitiated, Cancer is very scary.It always happens to someone else, so when it lands on your doorstep panic sets in.Mr Aziz understands this, and is compassionate when hearing your fears. His dedication to patient care becomes apparent at the initial meeting where he reassures and promises to do all he can to alleviate your concerns. Contemporaneously he informs all involved third parties with precise detail of what is/has been performed. His back up team also serve him well. As an example, when he had completed surgery on my wife, immediately after he left the theatre he called me personally to assure me all had gone well.He was sensitive to how worried and stressed I was.It was greatly appreciated. Our experience with Mr Aziz was exemplary and my wife is now in remission and thankfully remains under the care of Mr Aziz and his team.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »