Mr Omer Aziz

Mr. Aziz is a consultant colorectal and laparoscopic surgeon at The Christie, one of Europe's largest comprehensive cancer centres. At the Colorectal and Peritoneal Oncology Centre he specialises in colorectal cancer (primary, advanced, and recurrent disease), anal cancer, appendix tumours, peritoneal tumours, and coloproctology. He is experienced in open and laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), advanced laparoscopic techniques, and endoscopic procedures. Mr Aziz's NHS practice is at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and he sees private patients at The Christie Clinic and The Wilmslow Hospital at 52 Alderley Road.

« 1 2 3 4 »

30th October 2016
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

i met mr Aziz partway through my treatment when my original surgeon fell ill.M Aziz brought himself very quickly up to date on my case and soon got to like and trust him . His observations and opinions on my condition , given with candour and without persuasion reassured me to go ahead with surgery . Although very traumatic , my surgery went very well and Mr Aziz , both pre and post_op met me daily during my stay in clinic and spent time discussing my recovery with friendliness and wit . Thanks to Mr Aziz I am well on the road to recovery with very little discomfort and look forward to meeting him again during my regular checkups .

28th October 2016
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

Mr Aziz is an absolute revelation in a world where fancy words, arrogance and elitism have historically been rife. I received the very best advice delivered in a way which anyone could and would easily understand and with the most charming, but professional, manner. The skill shown in my surgery by Mr Aziz was quite breathtaking and a little over whelming for an ordinary person like myself. I am literally in awe of what he is able to achieve. All this with a smile, some well placed humour and with a modesty that belies the years of hard work and dedication that enables him to deliver the very best care for patients and family alike. Would I recommend Mr Aziz? Yes, Yes, Yes............there's simply nothing more to say.

19th August 2016
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

Mr Aziz instilled confidence in me from the 1st time we met. He was extremely good at explaining what was going to be done to treat my condition. This was particularly impressive given the very short space of time he had to form an opinion ( it was less than 12 hours ) The operation was set up very quickly and efficiently with a minimum of "red tape" and I was very well looked after through the whole process. I saw him each day during my stay in the Christie Clinic and all my questions were answered with knowledge and empathy. He also kept my doctor and the Blackpool hospital fully aware of the developments as my treatment progressed. It is difficult to say what could have been better as the treatment went really well with no complications and the histology results were very positive.

9th June 2016
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

Initially my diagnosis was unclear at my local hospital. My consultant contacted The Christie to seek specialist advice. Due to the staggered times of MDT meetings to discuss my case in both hospitals there was a 5 week wait before I was operated on at my local hospital. There was a level of ambiguity regarding the histology of the removed appendix, tumour and a section of bowel it was eventually diagnosed as a rare tumour. This was a very confusing and anxious time as due to two hospitals being involved I was not kept fully informed until I met with Mr Aziz in Manchester. I aired my concerns as a patient regarding this which Mr Aziz took on board and would pass on to improve communication for patients like myself who live some hours away. I met with Mr Aziz and Rebecca Halsted (who was assigned as my contact nurse, she is truly amazing) for my initial consultation. Mr Aziz has personal and professional qualities that immediately instil confidence and a level of calm in life changing situations. He explained very clearly what had been found and what he recommended to obtain the very best prognosis. This was to include a 10 hour operation with internal chemotherapy. Mr Aziz answered questions posed by my family and me even drawing anatomical diagrams to support understanding. As I live some 5 hours away my pre op assessment was also scheduled for that day. I appreciate this was arranged to facilitate me but looking at the content of the day I found this too much to deal with after the consultation. It wasn't made clear to me that this was happening until I was given an envelope when arrived. Mr Aziz followed up this consultation the following week by telephone to discuss any further questions I had and as to whether I had decided to go ahead with the operation. Without his compassion and complete professionalism I may have chosen to defer this operation. Under the care of Mr Aziz and his team on the day of the operation I was totally aware of the procedure as well as the post-operative care from CCU to the ward through to discharge. The anaesthetic team ensured I was as calm and collected as I could be prior to the operation, for that I am very grateful. Once the surgery was completed Mr Aziz personally rang my husband to inform him of the outcome of the operation. That gesture was gratefully received as he had paced the length and breadth of Manchester for those 10 long hours. Mr Aziz also came to see me in CCU to inform me of the same. Throughout my 12 day stay in The Christie I was treated by a brilliant professional team with dignity, respect and care. Mr Aziz has continued to keep me informed through consultation and by mail of my histology and the next steps in my continued care. I am extremely grateful as is my family for the expertise and care given to me by Mr Aziz and the multi-disciplinary team at The Christie… through illness I became part of the Christie family… real people who really care. Thank you

6th May 2016
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

For the benefit of future patients, the procedure carried out by Mr Aziz was Cytoreductive Surgery with HIPEC. From our very first meeting, my husband and I found Mr Aziz to be personable, thorough and very clear with necessary information . He made us both feel positive and comfortable, taking time to explain procedures and outcomes, so that we were able to make an informed decision about my future. We found Mr Aziz to be kind and thoughtful, about both my physical and mental wellbeing throughout my stay and subsequently, at follow up appointments. Mr Aziz coordinated my care, and I was visited regularly by him. His team of staff were excellent and continued to make me feel positive and cared for. I am very fortunate to have Mr Aziz as my consultant and would not hesitate to recommend him to future patients. Thank you to all at The Christie.

« 1 2 3 4 »