Mr Omer Aziz

Mr. Aziz is a consultant colorectal and laparoscopic surgeon at The Christie, one of Europe's largest comprehensive cancer centres. At the Colorectal and Peritoneal Oncology Centre he specialises in colorectal cancer (primary, advanced, and recurrent disease), anal cancer, appendix tumours, peritoneal tumours, and coloproctology. He is experienced in open and laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), advanced laparoscopic techniques, and endoscopic procedures. Mr Aziz's NHS practice is at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and he sees private patients at The Christie Clinic and The Wilmslow Hospital at 52 Alderley Road.

« 1 2 3 4 »

16th January 2017

Completed previously

14th January 2017
Written by a carer at Christie Hospital

To the uninitiated, Cancer is very scary.It always happens to someone else, so when it lands on your doorstep panic sets in.Mr Aziz understands this, and is compassionate when hearing your fears. His dedication to patient care becomes apparent at the initial meeting where he reassures and promises to do all he can to alleviate your concerns. Contemporaneously he informs all involved third parties with precise detail of what is/has been performed. His back up team also serve him well. As an example, when he had completed surgery on my wife, immediately after he left the theatre he called me personally to assure me all had gone well.He was sensitive to how worried and stressed I was.It was greatly appreciated. Our experience with Mr Aziz was exemplary and my wife is now in remission and thankfully remains under the care of Mr Aziz and his team.

7th January 2017
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

I was very impressed with Mr Aziz attention to detail and level of care both before and during my 15 day stay in hospital following major surgery for rectal cancer. He visited me during every day of my post operative stay and on most days this included two visits. His recall of minor things we had discussed sometime earlier gave me confidence in his care. Tests and treatment were very quickly arranged following my initial consultation. Mr Aziz has a very pleasant manner and I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

30th October 2016
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

i met mr Aziz partway through my treatment when my original surgeon fell ill.M Aziz brought himself very quickly up to date on my case and soon got to like and trust him . His observations and opinions on my condition , given with candour and without persuasion reassured me to go ahead with surgery . Although very traumatic , my surgery went very well and Mr Aziz , both pre and post_op met me daily during my stay in clinic and spent time discussing my recovery with friendliness and wit . Thanks to Mr Aziz I am well on the road to recovery with very little discomfort and look forward to meeting him again during my regular checkups .

28th October 2016
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

Mr Aziz is an absolute revelation in a world where fancy words, arrogance and elitism have historically been rife. I received the very best advice delivered in a way which anyone could and would easily understand and with the most charming, but professional, manner. The skill shown in my surgery by Mr Aziz was quite breathtaking and a little over whelming for an ordinary person like myself. I am literally in awe of what he is able to achieve. All this with a smile, some well placed humour and with a modesty that belies the years of hard work and dedication that enables him to deliver the very best care for patients and family alike. Would I recommend Mr Aziz? Yes, Yes, Yes............there's simply nothing more to say.

« 1 2 3 4 »