Mr Omer Aziz

Mr. Aziz is a consultant colorectal and laparoscopic surgeon at The Christie, one of Europe's largest comprehensive cancer centres. At the Colorectal and Peritoneal Oncology Centre he specialises in colorectal cancer (primary, advanced, and recurrent disease), anal cancer, appendix tumours, peritoneal tumours, and coloproctology. He is experienced in open and laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), advanced laparoscopic techniques, and endoscopic procedures. Mr Aziz's NHS practice is at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and he sees private patients at The Christie Clinic and The Wilmslow Hospital at 52 Alderley Road.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

25th October 2017
Written by a patient at The Christie

Caring doctor who took the time and explained my condition to me in great detail and the treatment I would receive.Mr Aziz is very hands on, I was in hospital for 2 weeks and saw him everyday except one. He listened to any concerns I had and treated me with respect.

22nd September 2017
Written by a patient at The Christie

I have no negative feedback at all. Doctor Aziz explained everything as and when needed. He came to see me every day to check on my progress as did hamish. Living a distance from the hospital my husband couldn't visit every day because of work commitments but I never felt on my own. I knew if I had any worries they were there which means alot. I am so grateful for what Dr Aziz has done for me I wouldn't hesitate in reccommending him to any patient. Dr Aziz and Hamish made a good team and all I can say is THANK YOU for giving me the chance to live a normal life. Many thanks Mark &Debra Showell

1st September 2017
Written by a patient at The Christie

We were lost before we found Mr Aziz & The Christie. This was our third opinion having twice moved on from worringly inattentive & indecisive consultants over the previous 6 months. Very quickly we were re-assured that my suspected rectal cancer needed patient repeat diagnostic procedures & scans before planning appropriate surgery. Once done Mr Aziz clearly explained the options carefully taking into account our worries about potential functional issues versus a good oncological cure. So once we’d agreed to a laparoscopic low anterior resection (with partial mesorectal excision) we were confident we were doing the right thing with the right person, team & hospital. Such peace of mind is rare & valuable & that’s down to Mr Aziz’s professional but personal & humble approach always thinking of the patient first where others had focused on the tumour. After surgery Mr Aziz kept us both well informed with daily ward visits & I made a quick recovery getting home within 5 days. The follow-up clinic visit thankfully confirmed an early adenocarcinoma with no further treatment needed other than regular surveillance. So we’re no longer lost but have re-found an optimistic outlook for the future.

29th August 2017
Written by a patient at The Christie

I was referred to mr Aziz when another hospital could do no more and i had been classed has terminal. The day i met Mr Aziz was the day I felt hope in a hopeless situation. Mr Aziz was clear and open without being abrupt. I have been a patient of Mr Aziz for over three years, i have Always felt like Mr Aziz has been working WITH me, talking through any operations, procedures and decisions. Whenever I have an appointment with Mr Aziz I meet with a fellow human being who is also a extremely competent consultant. Mr Aziz is a skilled professional who manages to give individual care, time and attention. Whatever I say would not be enough praise. Mr Aziz is outstanding Mr Aziz saved my life and for that i am ever thankful.

5th June 2017
Written by a patient at The Christie

Great thanks to Mr Aziz and his team, I was refered to Mr Aziz by my Consultant at Worcester in January this year as there was nothing further they could offer there, Mr Aziz took the time in February to go through the procedure and explain every little detail, he operated in May and all is well recovery is good at the moment , i can not thank him enough.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »