Mr Omer Aziz

Mr. Aziz is a consultant colorectal and laparoscopic surgeon at The Christie, one of Europe's largest comprehensive cancer centres. At the Colorectal and Peritoneal Oncology Centre he specialises in colorectal cancer (primary, advanced, and recurrent disease), anal cancer, appendix tumours, peritoneal tumours, and coloproctology. He is experienced in open and laparoscopic cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), advanced laparoscopic techniques, and endoscopic procedures. Mr Aziz's NHS practice is at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and he sees private patients at The Christie Clinic and The Wilmslow Hospital at 52 Alderley Road.

« 1 2 3 4 »

29th December 2019

I was referred to Mr Aziz earlier this year after being diagnosed with appendix cancer, and I immediately knew I was in safe hands. His calm, reassuring and personable manner put me at ease and he thoroughly explained my diagnosis and treatment options. Mr A (as he is affectionately known in our house) is extremely confident (without being arrogant), positive, pragmatic and realistic. I was extremely grateful for how generous Mr A was with his time, he always made time to speak with me and my relatives to see how we were getting on and address any concerns. He was incredibly patient at answering our many, many questions and, realising that my wife and I were fascinated by the science of it all, was happy to go into lots of detail to explain the how and why of everything. The whole team at The Christie are amazing and offer great patient-centred care. It is clear that the team around Mr A have a deep respect for him and all staff that I spoke to about Mr A were hugely positive about him. My treatment has been completed successfully and six months after my CRS & HIPEC operation things are pretty much back to normal, albeit on a slightly restricted diet. I owe my life to Mr A and am grateful beyond words to him and the team for giving me my future back. I received the best possible standard of care from Mr A and can not recommend him highly enough. His clinic abilities are second to none but it is his personable bedside manner that really sets him apart as being the best in his field. Also, his diagrams are truly excellent.

11th November 2019

I had full confidence in Mr Aziz to perform my surgery. He explained everything fully, i.e. the surgery options, laparoscopic v open surgery, surgery risks and post op care. He saw me in hospital the day before the surgery to ensure I was fully aware of what was to happen and made me feel at ease. Mr Aziz telephoned my daughter following the surgery to explain what procedure he had undertaken and to assure her and my husband that all had gone well. When Mr Aziz came to see me a day or so after the surgery he explained to me what he had done. I was treated with respect throughout the whole process and I cannot thank or recommend Mr Aziz highly enough.

10th November 2019

I would totally trust Dr Omar Aziz 100%.He puts your mind at rest straight away ,he is very understanding and when explaining the operation procedure he will be doing Dr Aziz talks to you in the way you understand.After the operation I had ,Dr Aziz always had time to talk to you when he was passing through the ward.

16th October 2019

I do not think there is anything further that Mr Aziz could do to improve the quality of the service he provided. The time he spent going over all options, the clarity when describing the options, his patience during discussions and the successful conclusion of the operation.

26th September 2019

I met Mr Aziz when I was diagnosed with Pseduomyxoma Peritonei in early June this year. I was terrified at the diagnosis, but from my first visit to the Christie and meeting Mr Aziz I felt like I was in very good hands. He explained everything thoroughly and talked me through the huge surgery and HIPEC chemotherapy that would take place the following month. He was calm, reassuring and his positivity was infectious. I cannot thank him enough, Mr Aziz and his team saved my life and gave me a future with my wonderful family!

« 1 2 3 4 »