mr-oliver-bowes-ma-mbbs-frcophth-certlrs

Mr Oliver Bowes MA MBBS FRCOphth CertLRS

28th June 2022

He treated me like an intelligent human being rather than an object on a conveyor belt. He kept me fully informed as my cataract operation progressed. It is too much to say that an operation is a pleasant experience but he took great care to reduce my stress levels and I am extremely happy with the outcome of the procedure. I am now looking forward to having my other eye treated.

Written by a private patient at The Holly Private Hospital
27th June 2022

Mr Oliver is a first-class Ophthalmic Surgeon he carried out cataract surgery on both my eyes. He promised me life-changing results and he was absolutely right From my first consultation to the operations itself Mr Bowes was a complete professional. And as a nervous patient, it was wonderful that Mr Bowes was always reassuring throughout and he talked me through every aspect of the treatment As My Oliver said after a lifetime of being extremely short-sighted and needing strong prescription glasses I now have " Sniper Vision" I now only use reading glasses for the smallest of newsprint. A dream come true Oliver Bowers comes with the highest possible recommendation

14th June 2022

Mr Oliver Bowes was very friendly and courteous in a professional way which made it easier to relax in a medical environment. I would not have any hesitation in recommending him should you need a Cataract operation. He was very thorough in explaining in detail the problems which were causing any issues with my eyes. I was treated very well from start to finish of appointments and operations by Mr Bowes and all his staff. The administration side was also prompt and efficient.

10th June 2022

A true gentleman, skilful surgeon and so approachable. He listens and puts you at ease encouraging you to ask questions. He has a sense of humour which comforts you. I would most definitely recommend Mr Bowes and would not hesitate to contact him in the future. My eye sight now brings me confidence to venture in to unfamiliar situations. Thank you Mr Bowes

Written by a NHS patient at Queen's Hospital
8th June 2022

I would definitely recommend Mr Oliver Bowes, he is very kind & friendly and explains things very clearly. I have had cataract surgery on both eyes and it had made such a difference to my life, after being very short sighted & wearing contact lenses for almost 40 years I now only need glasses for reading/ close up.

Mr Oliver Bowes MA MBBS FRCOphth CertLRS was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Oliver Bowes is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Barking, Havering & Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust where he provides a general NHS ophthalmology service and specialty services in corneal disease. He is also the clinical lead for cataract surgery and clinical governance lead for Ophthalmology. He has extensive training in refractive cataract surgery aiming to significantly reduce the dependence of spectacles after surgery. Having completed two corneal fellowships at Cambridge University Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital, he also undertakes all forms of modern corneal transplantation as well as corneal collagen cross-linking for keratoconus and laser capsulotomy after cataract surgery.

Short link to review Mr Oliver Bowes MA MBBS FRCOphth CertLRS: http://iwgc.net/einms