mr-odei-shannak

Written by a NHS patient at Northampton General Hospital
12th April 2021

Following a break in my femur, I required emergency hospital care resulting in a full hip replacement. This was a very traumatic time for me, being relatively young (54) to have this procedure. Dr Shannak carried out the operation, using I believe, the very latest type of hip replacement, one which should last much longer and therefore hopefully not require replacing. Surgery went very well, as did my recovery. I have been for two follow up appointments with Dr. Shannak, both of which he was present for. He was very happy to answer all of my questions and I can only give my thanks for his care.

Written by a private patient at BMI Three Shires Hospital
3rd April 2021

I had been bothered with hip problems for some considerable time. My initial consultation with Mr Odei Shannak was in early February. I found him to be most affable and personable. With his measured approach he suggested an intraarticular injection in order to ascertain if it would help manage the condition. This was done within 2 weeks and I am pleased to say the results to date have been excellent. Nevertheless if at some later date surgery is required I shall have full confidence and trust for this to be performed by Mr Shannak.

Written by a NHS patient at Northampton General Hospital
7th March 2021

I found Mr Shannak gave me confidence in the surgery. He was polite and respectful at all times. He explained the procedure well.

Written by a patient at Northampton General Hospital
27th January 2021

From my first consultation to my operation I have received nothing but the best treatment possible for my hip .Mr Khannak has a very careing and understanding manner , he told me exactly what was going on with my hip and what was going to happen to fix it ( total hip replacement ) .how this could help me get Mobil again and the truth of what could go wrong which we all need to know before my operation and after my operation Mr Khannak kept in contact and visited more than a few times to see how I was doing.l would trust this doctor 100% to do any other operation if needs be .I couldn't have had better care.

Written by a patient at Northampton General Hospital
27th January 2021

I can't praise Mr Shannak enough from my first appointment to my operation I have received nothing but the best treatment, he explained everything that was happening to me àbout my hip and what was happening and explained in precise detail what was going to happen, all my questions were answered truthfully and precisely the pros and cons of what could happen. After my operation Mr Shannak came to see me frequently to check how I was getting on and answer any questions I might have . My operation was taking place during covid and every safety precaution was taken and support given to make me decide to go through with my op, hopfuly Mr Shannak will see me through my other hip replacement as I have total trust in him and his team THANK YOU MR SHANNAK.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Shannak has been practicing as a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics at Northampton General Hospital since March 2019. He specialises in hip and knee joint replacements, revision (redo) surgery for hip and knee replacements and arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery of the knee. After qualifying in 2003, he went on to complete his basic surgical training in Yorkshire whilst working to achieve membership of the Royal College of Surgeons. In addition, he obtained a higher degree in health research from the University of Leeds. Mr Shannak completed his Specialist Orthopaedic training in the East Midlands Deanery (Leicester and Northamptonshire) and in 2016 he became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Following completion of his training, Mr Shannak spent 12 months undertaking further sub-specialist training in complex hip and knee surgery with internationally renowned surgeons in Nottingham University Hospitals (Mr Andrew Manktelow and Mr Peter James). He spent a further six months at the Royal London Hospital for further training in the treatment of hip and knee joint problems and complex lower limb trauma. Mr Shannak’s practice is evidence based and he only uses surgical implants with proven excellent long-term results. He employs the latest anaesthetic, analgesic and surgical techniques to allow early mobility after surgery and a rapid return to fitness.

Short link to review Mr Odei Shannak: http://iwgc.net/eg3hc