Mr Nurul Ahad

Passionate Orthopaedic Consultant who enjoys his job and aims to treat patients as individuals. I believe good care is a partnership amongst the whole team with an absolute focus on the patient. It is a responsibility that I take very seriously and I continue to learn and grow from every encounter. I believe in progress and continue to take an active role in shaping Orthopaedics through my position as Orthopaedic Clinical Director in CareUK, Expert Witness to the courts and advisory position in charitable organisations. My passion for improvement is also reflected in my personal life enjoying new skills which includes skydiving, flying, scuba diving and baking. My recent fund raising includes: London marathon for National Osteoprosis Spanish Bull Run for Breast cancer Sky diving homeless in Bangladesh Television appeal Children in Gaza. Research and publications: Tendon injury and repair. Discogenic pain. Brachial plexus injury and treatment. Infection and joint replacement.

6th February 2019
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

Mr Ahad is a very professional man but at the same time very caring and patient with all staff and patients. I am sorry in some ways I have now been discharged as it means I won't see him again. He carried out two replacement hips for me in 2018 and am now free of pain. I would recommend him instantly. The only complaint I have is to do with admin. I never received follow up appointments when I should have. They say they rang on a particular date and I wasn't at home but they never rang back. It was me who had to chase them for an appointment. Their system should be improved.

24th January 2019
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

To some of us hip-replacement virgins the prospect of the surgery can be daunting. Luckily, for Mr. Ahad such procedures are commonplace, and his air of competence was reassuring. Come the day, come the hour, his professional aplomb suffered only a momentary hiatus on discovering that my tattoo was occupying some of the skin space he needed... Experience and skill prevailed: my butterfly remains intact. Mr. Ahad is top of my list for the other hip.

26th January 2019
Response from Mr Nurul Ahad

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am more pleased that your tattoo remains intact !

17th December 2018
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

I had Dr Ahad as my surgeon for an ulna decompression and transition op. As this was my first surgery I was understandably nervous. Dr Ahad quickly put my mind at ease with his excellent bedside manner. The op was a success and not only have I regained full feeling in my hand but the scar on my arm is extremely neat and the healing time was very short thanks to his work. I hope I do not have to have any more surgeries however if I do and i'm able to choose, I would certainly ask for him again.

24th November 2018
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

Very good experience. but want to know when next appointment is for my surgery assessment.

31st October 2018
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

From our first meeting as a private patient he put me at ease .I was in awful pain with my knee he did X-rays and my first meeting did not cost a thing .the first thing he said was I treat everyone the same private or nhs He referred me back to my doctor who by the way wouldn't even give me an X-ray to see him again on the NHS I thought ooh yes he is going to be snooty when I go back to see him ,how wrong I was ,he was exactly the same ..he is caring extreamly funny wonderful sence of humour ,he put me at ease right away .At first I had a steroid injection in my knee in April by July I could hardly walk without crutches I phoned the hospital got an appointment and got a date for my op.mr Ahad came in to see me and explained everything he was going to do ,he answered every question I had with no rush .Theni was taken down for my op I wanted to be awake and was allowed .His staff are amazing truly amazing as is mr Ahad .He is not snooty at all like most doctors and surgeons,he is like a neighbour nothing is too much for him .While having the op we were all chatting and he was singing to abba never ever did he change his demeaner.After my op he came to see me and the next day I was allowed home on the Saturday and his words were we are here 24/7 for you if you need us ..Most hospitals the surgeons are not on duty .The operation went well and 3 months later he released me from his care .I am sad to say I might never see him again ..But I'm not sad I am blessed that he walked into my life for about 6 months I will never forget him .I know if my other knee needs repair or my hips I know who I will go and see without hesitation ... Mr Ahad is a remarkable man thank you

31st October 2018
Response from Mr Nurul Ahad

Thank you so much for your kind words and gifts.

Short link to review Mr Nurul Ahad: http://iwgc.net/eeqr8