Mr Nurul Ahad

Passionate Orthopaedic Consultant who enjoys his job and aims to treat patients as individuals. I believe good care is a partnership amongst the whole team with an absolute focus on the patient. It is a responsibility that I take very seriously and I continue to learn and grow from every encounter. I believe in progress and continue to take an active role in shaping Orthopaedics through my position as Orthopaedic Clinical Director in CareUK, Expert Witness to the courts and advisory position in charitable organisations. My passion for improvement is also reflected in my personal life enjoying new skills which includes skydiving, flying, scuba diving and baking. My recent fund raising includes: London marathon for National Osteoprosis Spanish Bull Run for Breast cancer Sky diving homeless in Bangladesh Television appeal Children in Gaza. Research and publications: Tendon injury and repair. Discogenic pain. Brachial plexus injury and treatment. Infection and joint replacement.

17th July 2019
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

I have been a patient of NE London Treatment centre since August 2018. I have arthritis. I have been operated on twice and both times I have been cared for after care by Mr Ahad. A totally professional surgeon, understands all the anxieties worries I have and has answered all my questions so that I am able to understand the answers. The whole team were fantastic, I could not have hoped for better care from them. Many thanks for all your support and I will see you soon for my third procedure.

18th July 2019
Response from Mr Nurul Ahad

It’s been a real pleasure to treat such a positive minded person. You have taken on the challenges of post surgery rehab with enthusiasm despite set back from pain in other joints.

16th July 2019
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

Mr Ahad was wonderful, he listened to all of my concerns and helped to remove them by explaining everything to me. As someone who doesnt have a medical background these long words are concerning as i dont know what they mean. But he took away all of my concerns. He was excellent at pre assessment and was great with aftercar. I would recomend him to anyone.

10th July 2019
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

An excellent surgeon and a lovely man. Performed a total left knee replacement and also straightened my leg. Was extremely caring and kept me totally informed every step of the way. Hopefully he will be my surgeon when I eventually need to have the right knee replaced.

6th February 2019
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

Mr Ahad is a very professional man but at the same time very caring and patient with all staff and patients. I am sorry in some ways I have now been discharged as it means I won't see him again. He carried out two replacement hips for me in 2018 and am now free of pain. I would recommend him instantly. The only complaint I have is to do with admin. I never received follow up appointments when I should have. They say they rang on a particular date and I wasn't at home but they never rang back. It was me who had to chase them for an appointment. Their system should be improved.

24th January 2019
Written by a patient at North East London NHS Treatment Centre

To some of us hip-replacement virgins the prospect of the surgery can be daunting. Luckily, for Mr. Ahad such procedures are commonplace, and his air of competence was reassuring. Come the day, come the hour, his professional aplomb suffered only a momentary hiatus on discovering that my tattoo was occupying some of the skin space he needed... Experience and skill prevailed: my butterfly remains intact. Mr. Ahad is top of my list for the other hip.

26th January 2019
Response from Mr Nurul Ahad

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am more pleased that your tattoo remains intact !

Short link to review Mr Nurul Ahad: http://iwgc.net/eeqr8