mr-nirav-shah

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

5th October 2021

Mr Nirav Shah is a very experienced and highly respected Consultant Hip and Knee Surgeon and had already performed successful operations on a member of my family. In May 2021 I contacted Goring Hall Hospital and spoke with Rhondda who is Mr Shah's Secretary. She arranged an X-ray and appointment for 25th May. My hip pain had suddenly worsened and, showing me the X-ray, Mr Shah said "there is only one decision to make - to do it or not!" I am so thankful I chose to go ahead. An appointment was made for 2nd July subject to medical clearance by Dr Pegge, perhaps associated with my age at 86. With two days notice, Rhondda amazingly arranged for a hospital heart 'echo' to enable the total hip op to proceed with the skilled support of the anaesthetist on the appointed day. The subsequent three days in Goring Hall were faultless examples of care, re-assurance and attention which included two ward visits from Mr Shah, and subsequently the Physiotherapist was very helpful in guiding and planning my mobility. Four weeks after the op. I was walking up to two miles with one stick. Six weeks after the op. I met with Mr Shah for a successful review of progress and a reminder of the importance of continuing the exercises . To express my gratitude to Mr Shah and everyone involved is a very big understatement. I am so grateful to him, his team, and the care of Goring Hall Hospital. Phillip Hudson

29th September 2021

Mr Shah is a brilliant caring surgeon. I work in the NHS, Mr Shah is well known and nobody has a negative word against him. All the staff at Goring Hall are caring and efficient, nothing is too much trouble. The physiotherapy is excellent, I had 2 appointments with Terry. He was reassuring and encouraging which is extremely helpful when you are not sure how well you are doing or how far you can push yourself. Thank you Mr Shah, Terry and all the staff you all contributed to life being almost like I never had an op. I can even walk 5 miles that includes 3 styles. Pretty good after 3 months.

4th October 2021
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

I am so glad to hear you are making such excellent progress. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Keep up the great work. Kindest regards, Mr Nirav Shah

27th September 2021

I visited Mr Shah on 27 th July after suffering with severe hip pain for three years . I had a total hip replacement 10 th Aug !! Every member of staff were wonderful from the Porter (Aaron ) the wonderful nurses where nothing was too much trouble , Steve (physio ) Mr Shah is such a kind , caring man and outstanding surgeon, at 61 the pain limited my every day life , Mr Shah has given me my life back !!!

4th October 2021
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

I am so pleased that we could help. I hope you continue to make fantastic progress. Warm wishes, Mr Nirav Shah

Written by a NHS patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital
9th September 2021

I have been so lucky to have Mr Shah look after me for many years and hopefully now had my last operation! He is so kind and caring and really listens he is an excellent surgeon and always gives 110% nothing is ever too much trouble and I always feel in safe hands. He has a great team with him and Rhonda is lovely she ensures everything is in place and organised for a trouble free admission. I can not thank Mr Shah and team enough for the excellent care and treatment I receive. I would always highly recommend Mr Shah for his surgical skills and lovely manner.

10th September 2021
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. Rhonda and the team will be delighted to read your comments. Warm wishes, Mr Nirav Shah

Written by a NHS patient at St Richard's Hospital
9th August 2021

Mr Shah is a very caring gentleman who was very thorough in explaining my treatment to me. He made me feel at ease. My last appt he was very personable and professional. Thank you for giving me back my independence.

11th August 2021
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

It was my pleasure. Thank you for your kind review. Best wishes, Mr Nirav Shah

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Nirav Shah is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at several of Sussex’s most prominent hospitals: Goring Hall Hospital, Nuffield Health Brighton and the Western Sussex Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He trained at some of the country’s leading teaching institutes in the South East of London, before undertaking two fellowships for arthroplasty and revision surgery. Mr Shah then went on to complete an arthroplasty and revision fellowship organised by the Furlong Foundation, followed by a fellowship in complex trauma in Hannover, Germany. Since qualifying in 1993 Mr Shah has gained a wealth of experience in the field of orthopaedics, enabling him to provide his patients with the latest techniques and the highest levels of care and expertise. Mr Shah sub-specialises in conditions affecting the hip and knee. He has carried out more than 10,000 operations and is highly experienced in complex hip and knee replacement surgery, including hip and knee revisions. He has a particular interest in hip and knee arthroscopy for hip impingement and early arthritis. Currently he is the only orthopaedic surgeon employed by the Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to perform hip arthroscopy. Mr Shah has lectured both nationally and internationally on orthopaedics and is actively involved in research within the field. He has authored a number of books and regularly has papers published in peer review journals such as the prestigious Bone and Joint Journal (BJJ). He is also a reviewer for the BJJ. Mr Shah has taught and examined at a number of prominent medical schools, including Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ medical school as well as Brighton and Sussex Medical School. He was also an honorary senior lecturer at the University College London (UCL). He is currently a faculty member at The Furlong Foundation and the Royal College of Surgeons of England and an examiner for the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) examination.

Short link to review Mr Nirav Shah: http://iwgc.net/efkvu