mr-nirav-shah

« 1 2 3 4 »

12th April 2022

After speaking to my GP regarding a pain in my right hip, I was referred to Worthing Hospital for an X ray. My GP contacted Goring Hall Hospital and an appointment was made for me to see Mr N Shah on the 30th June 2021 for an assessment regarding the results of my X ray. After discussing all of the options, including the NHS time scales I decided to go private. After approximately two weeks on seeing Mr Shah I went into Goring Hall Hospital for my replacement hip operation. The care from Mr Shah and his team during my stay at Goring Hall Hospital was excellent, and I was back home in four days. The exercises I was given to do at home have made a great deal of difference to my mobility and state of mind in a positive way. On the 8th March 2022, I had an X ray and a follow up appointment with Mr Shah to assess my progress. As a result of the Xray and our conversation regarding my progress Mr Shah discharged me and suggested that I continue with my exercises. The outcome of my operation has been far better than I could have hoped for, and I am grateful to Mr Shah and his team.

20th April 2022
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

Thank you for sharing your journey. We're delighted to hear about your progress. Keep up the excellent work. Best wishes, Mr Nirav Shah

Written by a NHS patient at Goring Hall Hospital
31st January 2022

Mr Shah has recently completed revision surgery on my right hip replacement. He agreed to see me after I had had problems with multiple dislocations following the initial replacement. He gave me plenty of time to discuss my options and explained everything in detail. He put me at ease at every stage and communication was always excellent. I would recommend Mr Shah to anyone who needs the care of a great orthopaedic surgeon

7th February 2022
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

Thank you for your kind feedback. It was a pleasure to help you, and thank you for the recommendation. Best wishes, Mr Nirav Shah

11th January 2022

I had a right hip replacement at Goring Hall on 2nd October 2021 as a private patient 6 weeks after Mr Shah's initial consultation. I have been delighted with the care and attention given to me by the whole team and feel that I have got a life back again after months of pain and lack of mobility. Only weeks after the operation I was regularly able to walk over a mile comfortably and live a normal life. Mr Shah explained at his 6 week post op check what had happened to my pelvis prior to my op and put my mind at rest that it would return to normal now that I can walk normally. I experienced no pain at any time either immediately after the op or since and confirm the benefit of strictly following the physiotherapy schedule.

7th February 2022
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm so pleased that we could help. I hope you continue to enjoy your new hip. Kind regards, Mr Nirav Shah

4th January 2022

Thank you very much Mr Shah for your expertise and kindness. I was very nervous about my knèe replacement and you put my mind completely at rest. The operation, as expected, was a complete success and the support and aftercare I received was second to none. I cannot thank you and your dedicated team enough. From being admitted to Ilex Ward to discharge and the aftercare monitoring I have received. I would certainly recommend Mr Shah and Goring Hall Hospital. Once again thankyou.

5th January 2022
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

You are most welcome. Thank you for your kind words. Best wishes, Mr Nirav Shah

3rd January 2022

I had my right hip replaced on the NHS in 2013. I was impressed by the care and treatment by Mr Shah. My left hip began to be painful in September 2018. I went throught the process of seeing my GP, applying for Physiotherapy, going through 6 months of physio with no improvements and being referred for a hip replacement on the NHS. This however coincided with lock down and though I was referred in November 2020, I learned in the following March, 2021 that I would have to wait 80 weeks to see Mr Shah. After much thought and reflection on the quality of my life, and by this time I was limping badly, using a stick and could not walk for more than 10 minutes, I decided to approach Mr Shah privately. He saw me quickly, was very attentive, interested in how my right hip had progressed, and confirmed very definitely that I needed my left hip replaced. He assured me that I could have the surgery within 6 to 8 weeks after seeing me. So at this stage I found Mr Shah attentive, reassuring and confident that he could help me. Mr Shah combines great personal qualities with excellent skill and experience. I appreciated his care and attention while I waited for surgery, through his app. He visited me soon after I was admitted to Goring Hall hospital, and after surgery. All of his team offered attention and expert care, and clearly all of them appreciate him as a human being and an expert consultant. This increased my trust and aided my recovery. When I saw Mr Shah after 7 weeks of recovery he was helpful, showing me my xray, advising on exercise and continuing recovery. I feel well looked after as I continue recovery. It is now 14 weeks since my surgery. I continue to follow Mr Shah's exercise programme and can now walk for one hour. I recommend Mr Shah without any hesitation and I thank him profusely for enabling me to enjoy walking again.

5th January 2022
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm delighted to hear about your excellent progress. Best wishes, Mr Nirav Shah

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Nirav Shah was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Nirav Shah is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at several of Sussex’s most prominent hospitals: Goring Hall Hospital, Nuffield Health Brighton and the Western Sussex Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He trained at some of the country’s leading teaching institutes in the South East of London, before undertaking two fellowships for arthroplasty and revision surgery. Mr Shah then went on to complete an arthroplasty and revision fellowship organised by the Furlong Foundation, followed by a fellowship in complex trauma in Hannover, Germany. Since qualifying in 1993 Mr Shah has gained a wealth of experience in the field of orthopaedics, enabling him to provide his patients with the latest techniques and the highest levels of care and expertise. Mr Shah sub-specialises in conditions affecting the hip and knee. He has carried out more than 10,000 operations and is highly experienced in complex hip and knee replacement surgery, including hip and knee revisions. He has a particular interest in hip and knee arthroscopy for hip impingement and early arthritis. Currently he is the only orthopaedic surgeon employed by the Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to perform hip arthroscopy. Mr Shah has lectured both nationally and internationally on orthopaedics and is actively involved in research within the field. He has authored a number of books and regularly has papers published in peer review journals such as the prestigious Bone and Joint Journal (BJJ). He is also a reviewer for the BJJ. Mr Shah has taught and examined at a number of prominent medical schools, including Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ medical school as well as Brighton and Sussex Medical School. He was also an honorary senior lecturer at the University College London (UCL). He is currently a faculty member at The Furlong Foundation and the Royal College of Surgeons of England and an examiner for the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) examination.

Short link to review Mr Nirav Shah: http://iwgc.net/efkvu