mr-nirav-shah

19th January 2021

History; Right hip replacement 18.10.2014 Left hip replacement 12.11.2020 I should like to recommend Mr Shah as a brilliant Orthopaedic Surgeon who undertook both of my hip replacement procedures. He is very approachable and takes time to explain the procedures in simple terms, which I found reassuring. My right hip replacement has been amazing, enabling me to lead a very full life. Following my recent left hip replacement, I was able to walk unassisted, within three weeks. I have also managed to walk four miles without discomfort, and am able to walk normally both up and down stairs. Covid has caused all sorts of restrictions on our lives and activities but once this returns to normal I shall look forward to re-joining my health club, playing golf, holidaying and socialising with friends and family. Most of all, I look forward to enjoying playing, swimming and helping with my gorgeous grandchildren. So a very, very big thank you to the impressive Mr Shah.

4th January 2021

I had a right total knee replacement on 6th December 2019. I knew that the care I would received from Mr Shah would be thorough, safe and effective. He is polite, professional, kind and competent. I felt safe in his hands. Now that I am 13 months post op, I can honestly say that my knee no longer has arthritic pain and I am pleased that I had the surgery.

6th January 2021
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

That's wonderful to hear, and we're so pleased that we could help. Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent progress. Best wishes, Mr Shah

31st December 2020

From 17th March when I first was seen by Mr Shah about my total hip replacement, I had total confidence in him. He was friendly, professional and had time to listen. Unfortunately the week after seeing him we went into lockdown so operations were put on hold. Fortunately I was offered 17th November for my op and have never looked back. The whole experience was handled very professionally and I was put totally at ease from the minute I was admitted to Goring Hall. Not only was Mr. Shah amazing but his whole team including the physio have been brilliant. Also praise for Rhonda who was amazing and extremely helpful without ever seeming to be fed up with enquiring phone calls.

6th January 2021
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

Thank you for your very kind review. We're so pleased to hear about your positive experience despite the delay. We hope you continue to make an excellent recovery. Best wishes, Mr Shah

20th December 2020

I cannot recommend Mr Shah too highly. From my first consultation with him to the actual hip replacement operation I had total confidence in him. He was clear about what needed to be done and kept me informed every step of the way. I am recovering slowly but surely and have not had any adverse responses to the operation at all. The nursing and physio teams were also really helpful, friendly and professional. Thank you to everyone who has helped me get out of pain and get my life back!

21st December 2020
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

It was our pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and I hope you continue to make excellent progress. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. Best wishes, Mr Shah

18th November 2020

I had a hip replacement in August this year after 3 years of pain and limping around feeling sorry for myself! . My first consultation with Mr Shah was both constructive and reassuring. Three months post op and I have been back in the gym and even managed a jog on the treadmill just before lockdown. A remarkable turnaround. I must also mention the physio team who were excellent.Thank you Mr Shah.

19th November 2020
Response from Mr Nirav Shah

That's wonderful to hear. Thank you for taking the time to update us on your excellent progress. Kindest regards, Mr Shah

Mr Nirav Shah is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at several of Sussex’s most prominent hospitals: Goring Hall Hospital, Nuffield Health Brighton and the Western Sussex Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He trained at some of the country’s leading teaching institutes in the South East of London, before undertaking two fellowships for arthroplasty and revision surgery. Mr Shah then went on to complete an arthroplasty and revision fellowship organised by the Furlong Foundation, followed by a fellowship in complex trauma in Hannover, Germany. Since qualifying in 1993 Mr Shah has gained a wealth of experience in the field of orthopaedics, enabling him to provide his patients with the latest techniques and the highest levels of care and expertise. Mr Shah sub-specialises in conditions affecting the hip and knee. He has carried out more than 10,000 operations and is highly experienced in complex hip and knee replacement surgery, including hip and knee revisions. He has a particular interest in hip and knee arthroscopy for hip impingement and early arthritis. Currently he is the only orthopaedic surgeon employed by the Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to perform hip arthroscopy. Mr Shah has lectured both nationally and internationally on orthopaedics and is actively involved in research within the field. He has authored a number of books and regularly has papers published in peer review journals such as the prestigious Bone and Joint Journal (BJJ). He is also a reviewer for the BJJ. Mr Shah has taught and examined at a number of prominent medical schools, including Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ medical school as well as Brighton and Sussex Medical School. He was also an honorary senior lecturer at the University College London (UCL). He is currently a faculty member at The Furlong Foundation and the Royal College of Surgeons of England and an examiner for the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) examination.

Short link to review Mr Nirav Shah: http://iwgc.net/efkvu