Mr Nigel Richardson

I am a Consultant General & Colorectal Surgeon with Mid Essex Hospitals NHS Trust (MEHT), working primarily at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford. I also work at Braintree Community Hospital and Ramsay Springfield Hospital. I trained at St George's Hospital Medical School in London and graduated in 1986 with MBBS (London) In 1991 I became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. In 1995 I gained a Master of Surgery Degree from the University of London following submission of a thesis studying the potential relationship between the organism Mycobacterium paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease in humans. In 1997 I worked at Flinders University of South Australia as an Honorary Clinical Lecturer. In 1999 I was appointed as Consultant Surgeon at MEHT. Since 2011 I have been Clinical Director for Surgery at MEHT.

« 1 2 3 4 »

16th February 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

He was honest and totally dealt with the problem asap. His aftercare was just as good. I saw other patients with other consultants and I was so glad I had mr Richardson as mine. He was definitely the top guy in this field and the best one their by miles

27th February 2016
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Mr Richardson is, I think, aware of the respect I have for him as a Surgeon and as a person after two surgical procedures in the last 8 months. My comments here are only meant for those yet to face surgery under his hands and his team. You could not be in better care than under this special person who chose Surgery as his work. Matt.

22nd January 2015
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

The most caring genuine Consultant I've ever met , I cannot sing his praises enough .

30th October 2014
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Mr Richardson hasbeen there for me over a considerable length of time. He has alwaysmade himself available to me as an outpatient following several periods of hospitalisation. He is an extremely warm and friendly person and goes to great lengths to explain in simple terms his diagnosis and recommended treatments. One cannot fail to have complete faith in him, confident that he really cares. I consider him to be one in amillionand am so thankful that he is my consultant. He is truly fantastic, with a great team to back him up. Thank you Nigel Richardson.

22nd February 2014
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Mr Richardson made me feel very at ease. Listened to my fears and made me feel very confident about my op. Found him to be a very caring and warm.

« 1 2 3 4 »