Mr Nicola De' Liguori Carino

Mr Nicola de’ Liguori Carino is Consultant General Surgeon who specialises in hepatobiliary and pancreatic (HPB) surgery . His main interests are in disease of the liver, gallbladder, biliary system and pancreas. He also has an extensive practice in hernias repairs. He completed his surgical training in Italy with a period spent at the Ohio University Hospital, Columbus, USA. Before being appointed as a Consultant in Manchester, Mr de' Liguori Carino spent 4 years training in HPB and transplant surgery at the University of Liverpool and Leeds. His Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Unit at Manchester Royal Infirmary, University of Manchester, is one of the largest HPB unit's in the UK and Europe. He has experience in the treatment of gallstone disease with the most modern techniques with emphasis on rapid access to treatment and recovery. Mr de' Liguori Carino performs laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic and open hepatobiliary(liver) , pancreatic and digestive surgery, including very complex liver, biliary and pancreatic resection. He also treats a consistent number of hernia cases with both laparoscopic and open approach. He is committed in liver and pancreas cancer research programs taking part multiple ongoing clinical trials.

21st July 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Well, what can I say about this great surgeon that hasn't been said already ? In March this year I had my 3rd liver resection under his supervision within 30 months and under his pre and post op care for all of them. Although the cancer re appears he keeps me in a positive frame of mind during these difficult periods. As a result, I am able to see the future in a better light and enjoy my retirement with my wife and family. Thank you so much Nicola.

9th July 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thank you to mr Nicola de liguori carino and his team for the care and support I received whilst in you care for the last 5 years it has been a pleasure to have meet you all thank you once again mr William mcgrath

4th July 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I was very lucky to be under the care of Dr d' Liguori. He is very pleasant and easy to talk to. He is a gentleman with perfect manners, and gives the impression that as his patient, you are important to him. He took the time to explain all procedures and surgery in detail, and always had time to answer questions. I would recommend Dr d' Liguori, for any surgery without hesitation.

20th June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Highfield Hospital

I recently went for surgery to remove my gallbladder after having severe pain due to gall stones and inflammation I was referred to Dr Nicola de Liguori Carino whom carried out the procedure and I can't thank him and his team enough after months of continuous pain and discomfort I finally feel brillant! The care given to myself from the pre op appointment to surgery and then aftercare was outstanding. I had a few small after affects from the surgery - reaction from the dressings but apart from that no complications.

25th May 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I have Pancreatic Cancer which is inoperable, I had my treatment chemo and radiation at Christies when that was all completed I ask about having IRE (nanoknife) treatment, and was sent to see the surgeon Mr Nicola de'Liguori Carino at Manchester Royal Infermary I went to see Mr de'Liguori Carino along with Dr Nadarajah who is a Consultant Interventional Radiologist on the 24th March, Mr de'Liguori Carino explained all about the procedure and what could go wrong and how they wanted to proceed if I went ahead, they hope to do keyhole, they also said that they worked with Kings Hospital in London who have done more of this procedure and they would send a scan to let them check, and gave me a date that they hoped to do it. Dr Nadarajah took me down to have a scan I went home the next week, I got a call from Mr de'Liguori Carinos nurse to tell me I was going for a fitness test and a pre op and the date also that the scan had been discussed and that I was going to have a incision I was booked to go in on 23rd April and op was done on the 24th. Both Mr de'Liguori Carino and Dr Nadarajah came to see me and my husband on the morning of the op explained why I wasn't having keyhole but a incision. I went down and had op went to recovery and up to HDU ward Mr de'Liguori Carino phoned my husband after the op and told him what had happened, Mr de'Ligouri Carino and Dr Nadarajah came to see me the next day (Thursday) and explained everything had gone well, after a few days I was moved to ward and on Sunday Mr de'Liguori Carino came to see me and said that I could go home Happy days! I would recommend both of these people to do this procedure .Hopefully the result will be positive.

Short link to review Mr Nicola De' Liguori Carino: http://iwgc.net/ehnap