Mr Nicola De' Liguori Carino

Mr Nicola de’ Liguori Carino is Consultant General Surgeon who specialises in hepatobiliary and pancreatic (HPB) surgery . His main interests are in disease of the liver, gallbladder, biliary system and pancreas. He also has an extensive practice in hernias repairs. He completed his surgical training in Italy with a period spent at the Ohio University Hospital, Columbus, USA. Before being appointed as a Consultant in Manchester, Mr de' Liguori Carino spent 4 years training in HPB and transplant surgery at the University of Liverpool and Leeds. His Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Unit at Manchester Royal Infirmary, University of Manchester, is one of the largest HPB unit's in the UK and Europe. He has experience in the treatment of gallstone disease with the most modern techniques with emphasis on rapid access to treatment and recovery. Mr de' Liguori Carino performs laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic and open hepatobiliary(liver) , pancreatic and digestive surgery, including very complex liver, biliary and pancreatic resection. He also treats a consistent number of hernia cases with both laparoscopic and open approach. He is committed in liver and pancreas cancer research programs taking part multiple ongoing clinical trials.

17th February 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Highfield Hospital

Having been referred as an NHS patient, I didn't have to wait long for my first appointment. During my first consultation everything was explained to me with great detail. He explained the procedure to repair my epi gastric hernia. He put my mind at ease, was very easy to talk to and made me feel at relaxed. During the first appointment, he gave me a date for the operation which was within six weeks. While waiting in my private room for my operation I was seen by several members of the team, each one of them made me feel comfortable and in safe hands. Mr De'Liguori Carino popped into the room to check that everything was OK. I am now on the road to recovery and feel so much better. Whilst the operation went well I was in more pain than I expected and did have to return to the BMI, but the staff were great and brought my follow up appointment forward. Mr Nicola De'Liguori Carino and his team are amazing, I would like to thank Mr De'Liguori Carino for his care. And a big thanks to all the theatre staff and nurses who were brilliant. I would highly recommend Mr Nicola De'Liguori Carino and his team. He is an amazing man.

30th January 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I underwent a liver resection to remove cancerous growths in October and I am very happy with the care I received from Mr De'Liguori and his team, before, during and after the operation. Everything was explained very clearly and although open surgery became necessary, with an unscheduled removal of the gall bladder, everything continues to heal well. Specialist Nurse Sharan Ingram (although clearly a very busy lady!) always took time to assuage any concerns also.

29th January 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

He listened carefully to what was said to him about the effects of the treatment I was having and was very helpful in his advice about how I should amend my bodily actions.

17th January 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I can truly say that my experience as a patient of Mr De' Liguori Carino (hereafter LC)and his team, especially Sister Sharan Ingram (hereafter SI), has been so positive that it has restored my faith in the NHS. I was seen quickly, got a firm date for both operations (March 2017 and November 2018) and received clear and unpatronizing, explanations. Although I knew that my condition was serious, any interaction I have had with either LC or SI has unfailingly left me feeling more positive. My experience at the wards was not always positive. I was in ward 8 in March 2017 and in ward 12 in November 2018. Although I know that the atmosphere in a ward reflects the interaction of the staff with the particular patients hospitalised at the time, ward 12, in stark contrast with ward 8, was quiet and serene and the nursing staff was generally at hand promptly. Again in contrast with ward 8, the domestic staff was polite and quite efficient in cleaning floors and surfaces. I wish I had some positive suggestions to offer regarding the different standards in these two wards. Unfortunately, I have none, save for saying that patients should not be allowed openly to go outside for 'a smoke,' nurses more prompt in answering the bell and standards of courtesy amongst members of the domestic staff considerably improved. The food is generally bad (from both the point of view of health and taste), as is universallyrecognised. All in all, I am very grateful to all those who have looked after me.

12th January 2019
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I cannot fault the care and support I have received from Mr de'Liguori Carino, nurse Sharon Ingram and the rest of their team. I felt safe and secure in their hands and my operation appears to have been a success, so far, without any complications.

Short link to review Mr Nicola De' Liguori Carino: http://iwgc.net/ehnap