Mr Nick Koutroumanos

Nick is a subspecialty certified Consultant Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon. He graduated from Newcastle Medical School and undertook his Ophthalmic Residency at Moorfields Eye Hospital. Following extensive general Ophthalmology practice there with a focus in Ophthalmic Plastic and Cataract Surgery, he was appointed as an Oculoplastics Fellow at Moorfields. He subsequently completed a Senior Clinical Fellowship in Oculoplastics at the Royal Free Hospital before moving to Canada to undertake the world-renowned Oculoplastics Fellowship at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. For this, he was awarded both the prestigious Keeler Scholarship and the HCA International Scholarship. Nick has developed special expertise in adult and paediatric Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive, Lacrimal and Orbital Surgery and runs a large NHS practice at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. He also leads the NHS Oculoplastic Service in Barnet, Enfield and Edgware and is a qualified senior trainer in eyelid and cataract surgery and general ophthalmology. He receives tertiary referrals and consults patients of all ages with eyelid, tear-duct, eye socket conditions and dry and watery eye concerns. In his private practice, Nick also offers personalised eyelid and periocular surgical and non-surgical aesthetic treatment.

7th November 2019

Mr Koutroumanos treated my 5 year old. Excellent experience from start to finish. The treatment and operation were explained clearly, he was very good making at reassuring our child and us.

7th September 2019

My 98 year old father was in need of cataract operations on both of his eyes but before this could be done he needed ectropian surgery as his bottom lids were turning out. He was very reluctant and anxious due to previous bad experiences until he met with Mr Koutroumanos. Nick took time to explain all that was involved and put my Dad at ease. Although it meant going to Edgeware Hospital rather than our local Chase Farm for all three procedures my father refused to allow anyone else other than Nick to operate. He had total trust in him> Nick then arranged for all follow up visits to be done at his clinic at Chase Farm so that it was easier and less stressful for my Dad. Nothing was too much trouble for Nick and we have nothing but praise and gratitude for all he has done. My Dad's quality of life now he can see again has improved so much thanks to the wonderful Mr Nick Koutroumanos.

10th July 2019

Mr Koutroumanos took care of our 7 year old son after initial surgery for an eye injury. At every step of the way he inspired confidence in all of us, particularly in Tom, who let him remove the stitches where others failed. He always saw us as quickly as possible and when he felt a second operation was needed he reacted extremely quickly and decisively. His explanations were very clear and he took time to talk to me after surgery to reassure an anxious mum! We have nothing but praise for Mr Koutroumanos and are extremely grateful to have received such excellent care.

4th July 2019

Mr Koutroumanos saw my father for an issue with his tear ducts and diagnosed a cataract too at the initial examination. He was able to prioritise the urgency of the cataract over the other issue and proceeded to arrange the necessary surgery in a quick and informed manner. This surgery appears to be a success and both my father as the patient and surgeon were pleased with outcome. If there was any criticism it would be that the surgery had to be carried out at Royal Free instead of Chase Farm which was initially agreed as it would have been more convenient and local for us but the care given by Mr Koutroumanos and the team at Royal Free was great. Mr Koutroumanos's ability to also speak Greek also helped put my father at ease as he is elderly and was anxious about the surgery initially.

3rd July 2019

My grandmother could not see out of her right eye as her eyelid had drooped, she had perfect eyesight underneath the lid. We was seen by Mr Koutroumanos at chase farm hospital, he was a lovely polite man who listened and spoke to my grandmother directly, he gave us all the information we need and she proceeded with the procedure , he was very kind to my grandmother and reassured her, he spoke to her after the procedure and gave very clear instructions for aftercare. We returned to chase farm hospital today for a check up, and we are very happy with the outcome. She has better quality of life. We can’t thank Mr Koutroumanos enough.

Nearest Ophthalmologists