Mr Neeraj Garg

I am a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon based at King’s College Hospital, London. It is one of the biggest provider of specialised services in England. I was trained in plastic surgery overseas and completed my specialist higher surgical training in General and Breast Oncoplastic Surgery from London Deanery (South East Thames rotation). Pursuing my interest in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery and Breast reconstruction, I did a one-year prestigious international fellowship in Australia where I learnt techniques which complements my experience. I was trained in world renowned hospitals of London and Australia. I further consolidated his experience in Italy, Austria, Spain and Japan. After completing my training, I took substantive post at Ipswich Hospital NHS trust. Having worked for six years, establishing breast oncoplastic services in Suffolk now I moved to King’s. I have extensive experience in the latest techniques in breast cancer surgery such as therapeutic mammoplasty, breast reconstruction using implant and acellular dermal matrix, breast reduction, symmetry surgery, nipple reconstruction and breast augmentation surgery. I believe in putting the patient at ease from the first meeting and follows them through to completion of treatment. My aim is to provide high quality comprehensive breast service. My practice ethos is to achieve optimal oncological clearance of the breast cancer and while ensuring the best possible cosmetic outcome.

7th May 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Superb first-class care and attention from everyone in the breast care team. Support and information given at every stage with assurance and compassion. Every procedure explained in great detail and backed up with written information and explanations. Thank you all so much for your care and support - it is very reassuring at a difficult time.

13th March 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

I conveyed to Dr Garg all my fears about my operation and he took the time to explain everything he would be doing using simple diagrams that helped me understand and allayed all my fears. I was given options and explanations regarding reconstruction and received recommendations based on his experience which I was happy accept. Now post op I can honestly say I am totally pleased, overwhelmed and excited with the results, the scarring is minimal and I could not be happier all things considered. Dr Garg is a very thoughtful and considerate surgeon who clearly has the patients best interests at heart and I can't recommend him enough. Dr Garg.....Thank you x

10th March 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

I saw my GP on Jan 19 and he referred me to the Breast Clinic at Ipswich Hospital and they rang the next day and gave me an appointment for Jan 23 where I saw Breast Nurse Julie Calcluth who guided me through the procedures to ascertain if the lump was benign or not. She was very professional and sympathetic and on Feb 2, I returned for the results with Mr Garg and Julie. Mr Garg explained exactly what was to happen and that the lump had to be removed and that it was not benign. This was not what I wanted to hear and Mr Garg went to great lengths to explain that the situation was not as dire as I feared and that this procedure that I needed was in fact fairly routine operation for him and he was optimistic as to the outcome. He explained that although the lump was being removed he would at the same time cosmetically realign the nipple to compensate for the loss of the lump which was obviously good news for me. He answered all my questions clearly and with patience. A proposed operation date was set for 2.5 weeks later and I started the admissions process that day but said that if a cancellation came up I would be available and on Feb 18, I attended the hospital for a lumpectomy having accepted a cancellation thereby saving me waiting that last week. On arriving for the surgery I was met and taken to a quiet side room where I was seen by a Physio, 2 nurses, Anesthetist and Mr Garg the Consultant. All were very patient and explained why they were seeing me and what their role was. Because of them the trauma of an operation for cancer was lessened and for that I was very grateful. If more women knew how I felt I am sure that it would help them too and that early diagnosis, and prompt treatment and the fact that Ipswich hospital staff have a seamless continuity of care whereby the patient feels confident in capable and professional hands. Mr Garg instilled confidence in me and my partner throughout and I felt that I was in good hands being at Ipswich hospital which I had chosen over a hospital closer to my home. I returned for a wound check on Feb 27 and an Oncology appointment on March 6 where we met with Mr Garg on both occasions. He reiterated what he had done in the operation both times and explained about the results and the ongoing treatment. Mr Garg's expertise was evident when the dressing was removed. I would also like to say how pleased I was that I did not have to wait long for the Breast Clinic appointment, or for the test or for the operation - thank you Ipswich!!

3rd March 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Mr Garg is a surgeon of great skill and I felt confident in putting myself in his hands for my recent surgery at the Nuffield Ipswich, for breast cancer. He is very thorough, arranging for a bone and CT scan, and has a calm and reassuring manner. Compliments should also be paid to his secretary Wendy, who was always available to guide me through the admin and to answer my queries, on one occasion getting back to me well into the evening.

2nd March 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Mr Garg is a gentle and sympathetic doctor. I think it would have helped me if he had been more realistic about the outcome of my surgery, firstly about the appearance of my breast - I think there will be far more scarring than I was lead to believe; and secondly about the results of the biopsy - it came as quite a shock to find that chemotherapy was recommended and that this would give me a 75% chance of survival (rather more than just an inconvenience!)

Short link to review Mr Neeraj Garg: http://iwgc.net/ef4jr