Mr Neeraj Garg

I am a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon based at King’s College Hospital, London. It is one of the biggest provider of specialised services in England. I was trained in plastic surgery overseas and completed my specialist higher surgical training in General and Breast Oncoplastic Surgery from London Deanery (South East Thames rotation). Pursuing my interest in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery and Breast reconstruction, I did a one-year prestigious international fellowship in Australia where I learnt techniques which complements my experience. I was trained in world renowned hospitals of London and Australia. I further consolidated his experience in Italy, Austria, Spain and Japan. After completing my training, I took substantive post at Ipswich Hospital NHS trust. Having worked for six years, establishing breast oncoplastic services in Suffolk now I moved to King’s. I have extensive experience in the latest techniques in breast cancer surgery such as therapeutic mammoplasty, breast reconstruction using implant and acellular dermal matrix, breast reduction, symmetry surgery, nipple reconstruction and breast augmentation surgery. I believe in putting the patient at ease from the first meeting and follows them through to completion of treatment. My aim is to provide high quality comprehensive breast service. My practice ethos is to achieve optimal oncological clearance of the breast cancer and while ensuring the best possible cosmetic outcome.

12th June 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

I have been attending the breast clinic for the last four months. During this time I have been very impressed by everyone in the team. All the staff have a highly professional approach to the patient, which is coupled to a compassion and understanding of the concerns and worries associated with my condition. In particular, I would like to thank the surgical teams who performed my operations. I was dealt with in a very understanding and professional way, and in particular I would like to compliment the work of Mr Neeraj Garg and Miss Mortimer for their excellent surgical work and for their subsequent follow-up care.

2nd June 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

On Monday 1st June I was seen very promptly for my follow up appointment. Mr Garg was the surgeon who carried out my lumpectomy two years ago. At the time he was very informative about the procedure I would have and took great care to explain how important it was for breasts to look good after surgery. That this would help psychologically with recovery and he is absolutely right. I am very pleased with the result. It is reassuring to have annual follow up appointments.

1st June 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

As a result of a regular mammogram a small lump was identified in my breast, after a biopsy it was confirmed as cancerous - but the Breast Care Clinic were fantastic - Mr Garg and Sue Yates, Breast Care nurse, couldn't have been more supportive. Everything was explained to me and my husband in great detail - we felt quite reassured about my future health. Even when I had to go back for further surgery to remove more nodes we still felt confident of a positive outcome. Mr Garg is a lovely natured man - so easy to talk to - caring manner and seems to know what you are going to ask before you do so. A real professional. I am very impressed with his skill as a surgeon - minimal scaring - even after being operated on the same place twice! We have been very impressed by the whole Breast Care Clinic and the South Theatre team - 10/10. Now about to go to Radio Therapy where already I feel at ease and feel people care.

19th May 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Having spent the last 2 years with chronic neck, shoulder and backache, I applied for a breast reduction, something which no department I had seen recommended and hadn't even considered this could have been the sole cause of my discomfort, for having such a large bust to a petite frame. I pursued this though my GP for funding and given the evidence of my discomfort, it was agreed I met the criteria for this to be done. I met with Dr Garg and his team, who I have to say were very understanding and gave complete assurance about the procedure. Once I came round for surgery and got out of bed, it was so noticeable, the weight and strain on my shoulders and neck had gone. Surgery was no where near as painful as I thought it was going to be, and absolutely delighted nearly 6 weeks post op with the outcome. Minimal scarring and heals so quickly. Looking forward to having a more active life, without my chest restricting me. Thank you to the team ....it certainly has been life-changing.

7th May 2015
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Superb first-class care and attention from everyone in the breast care team. Support and information given at every stage with assurance and compassion. Every procedure explained in great detail and backed up with written information and explanations. Thank you all so much for your care and support - it is very reassuring at a difficult time.

Short link to review Mr Neeraj Garg: http://iwgc.net/ef4jr