Mr Navraj Atwal

Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital
19th January 2020

Having had knee pain for about a year and tried to resolve unsuccessfully with physio, I decided to attend a talk at the Nuffield given by Mr Atwal. I quickly followed up with an appointment and last Friday had a knee arthroscopy to fix a torn meniscus. 2 days later I am up and walking with very little pain. Mr Atwal immediately put me at ease and explained in detail the operation and what I could expect to achieve. I am so very glad that I went ahead and am confident that I will now be able to return to the all the activities I had previously been unable to partake. Thank you so much.

Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital
16th November 2019

I have recently been back to see Mr Atwal after having had a half knee replacement 12 months ago at Winfield Hospital. When seeing Mr Atwal for the first time & telling him that my painful left knee was spoiling my enjoyment of walking etc., & was becoming a real challenge. Mr Atwal decided that a half knee replacement was the way to go. I found him to be personable & thorough when explaining the type of operation (patellofemoral joint replacement) & what was expected of me post op if I wanted to continue doing my favourite hobby. He was also most reassuring when I needed it. Now I am back to climbing steep inclines & clambering over stiles free from all pain, thanks to Mr Atwal. Should I need to have another knee or even hip operation in the future I will not hesitate to ask for Mr Atwal again, to whom I am most grateful.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery