Mr Navraj Atwal

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital
19th January 2020

Having had knee pain for about a year and tried to resolve unsuccessfully with physio, I decided to attend a talk at the Nuffield given by Mr Atwal. I quickly followed up with an appointment and last Friday had a knee arthroscopy to fix a torn meniscus. 2 days later I am up and walking with very little pain. Mr Atwal immediately put me at ease and explained in detail the operation and what I could expect to achieve. I am so very glad that I went ahead and am confident that I will now be able to return to the all the activities I had previously been unable to partake. Thank you so much.

Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital
16th November 2019

I have recently been back to see Mr Atwal after having had a half knee replacement 12 months ago at Winfield Hospital. When seeing Mr Atwal for the first time & telling him that my painful left knee was spoiling my enjoyment of walking etc., & was becoming a real challenge. Mr Atwal decided that a half knee replacement was the way to go. I found him to be personable & thorough when explaining the type of operation (patellofemoral joint replacement) & what was expected of me post op if I wanted to continue doing my favourite hobby. He was also most reassuring when I needed it. Now I am back to climbing steep inclines & clambering over stiles free from all pain, thanks to Mr Atwal. Should I need to have another knee or even hip operation in the future I will not hesitate to ask for Mr Atwal again, to whom I am most grateful.

Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital
15th July 2019

Five weeks ago I had a unicompartmental knee replacement performed by Mr. Atwal, following a long standing history of knee pain which had deteriorated significantly over the last 18 months, I walked with a limp, my walking distance greatly reduced and I could not work in the garden. From the initial consultation with Mr. Atwal, right through to the post-operation consultation, the whole process was carried out superbly. I was put at ease by Mr. Atwal who explained all aspects with care and consideration. I was discharged after an overnight stay at the Winfield, where the whole team were professional, caring and helpful. The physio therapy at the Winfield has also been thorough and effective, with sound practical advice. I am now walking with ease, without the aid of a stick. I feel really well and looking forward to gradually increasing my range of activities. I cannot thank Mr. Atwal enough for his skill, enthusiastic professionism and caring attitude.

Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital
12th February 2019

I am writing to thank Mr. Atwal for his excellent work in providing me with both a knee replacement last year and a hip replacement this year. His treatment coupled with the caring attitude of the hospital staff has helped me attain fast recovery. He has always been kind. It is not just the treatment, but the care and empathy shown by him which makes the world a better place for me to live in now. In the past I have associated the word Surgery with suffering and misery, following 5 previous operations on my knee which was carried out by various surgeons. After being under the careful watch of a Specialist like Mr. Atwal I now associate Surgery with Healthy Recovery. I still remember the day when I was admitted to the hospital for knee replacement surgery last October. It was one of the toughest times in my life. However, the personal attention and kindness shown by Mr. Atwal and his staff helped me overcome my trepidations about surgery. On the 2nd of January this year it became necessary for me to have a hip replacement. I specifically asked for Mr. Atwal to perform the surgery, I have never felt as comfortable going into hospital in my life before. The counseling I received from him before undergoing the surgery was crucial in my speedy recovery. He is an extraordinary surgeon and an extraordinary human being. Thank you very much Mr. Atwal for giving me back my quality of life.

Short link to review Mr Navraj Atwal: http://iwgc.net/ef92j