Mr Navraj Atwal

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

15th July 2019
Written by a patient at Winfield Hospital

Five weeks ago I had a unicompartmental knee replacement performed by Mr. Atwal, following a long standing history of knee pain which had deteriorated significantly over the last 18 months, I walked with a limp, my walking distance greatly reduced and I could not work in the garden. From the initial consultation with Mr. Atwal, right through to the post-operation consultation, the whole process was carried out superbly. I was put at ease by Mr. Atwal who explained all aspects with care and consideration. I was discharged after an overnight stay at the Winfield, where the whole team were professional, caring and helpful. The physio therapy at the Winfield has also been thorough and effective, with sound practical advice. I am now walking with ease, without the aid of a stick. I feel really well and looking forward to gradually increasing my range of activities. I cannot thank Mr. Atwal enough for his skill, enthusiastic professionism and caring attitude.

12th February 2019
Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital

I am writing to thank Mr. Atwal for his excellent work in providing me with both a knee replacement last year and a hip replacement this year. His treatment coupled with the caring attitude of the hospital staff has helped me attain fast recovery. He has always been kind. It is not just the treatment, but the care and empathy shown by him which makes the world a better place for me to live in now. In the past I have associated the word Surgery with suffering and misery, following 5 previous operations on my knee which was carried out by various surgeons. After being under the careful watch of a Specialist like Mr. Atwal I now associate Surgery with Healthy Recovery. I still remember the day when I was admitted to the hospital for knee replacement surgery last October. It was one of the toughest times in my life. However, the personal attention and kindness shown by Mr. Atwal and his staff helped me overcome my trepidations about surgery. On the 2nd of January this year it became necessary for me to have a hip replacement. I specifically asked for Mr. Atwal to perform the surgery, I have never felt as comfortable going into hospital in my life before. The counseling I received from him before undergoing the surgery was crucial in my speedy recovery. He is an extraordinary surgeon and an extraordinary human being. Thank you very much Mr. Atwal for giving me back my quality of life.

8th January 2019
Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital

I initially met Mr Atwal through the NHS at Chelt general hospital but decided to go private as i could not walk and being self employed i could not be off work. My knee was in need of an arthroscopy procedure. Mr Atwal explained what was wrong and what he could do to fix it, it was that simple. I arrived on the day of the op on crutches and walked out of hospital later that very day unaided. Can i say better than that? The follow up by him was very good and i apreciated his very thorough approach and i would have no hesitation in recommending him. You are in good hands with Mr Atwal.

Short link to review Mr Navraj Atwal: http://iwgc.net/ef92j