mr-narendra-kumar-rath

Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Written by a private patient at Countess of Chester Hospital
24th November 2022

After suffering for four months with increasingly painful legs and having my GP indicate that this was most likely due to problems in my back, I arranged to see Mr Rath at his consulting room in Abergele. At the first consultation, he was very friendly and agreed that my symptoms were most likely due to a spinal problem. He arranged for me to have an MRI scan in Wrexham. Following the scan, at the second consultation, he shared the results on the computer screen with myself and my wife - a qualified physiotherapist. The problem with the lower spine, stenosis was clear to see. I was offered three options: continue taking painkillers, move to having periodic injections or have an operation. He clearly explained the surgery required and the potential risks that the procedure might entail. After consideration, I opted for the operation. This was accomplished in the Nuffield hospital in Chester. After admission in the morning, I met Mr Rath, various nurses and the anaesthetist. The operation was undertaken late morning. On waking up from the anaesthetic, I felt good enough to walk around the hospital for an hour. Freedom at last after nearly eight months. Well done Mr Rath, I have only complimentary words to say. Well done and thank you.

Written by a private patient at Spire Yale Hospital
19th November 2022

I was seen promptly and sent for an MRI scan in good time. The results were explained to me and a future treatment plan discussed.

Written by a private patient at Spire Yale Hospital
14th November 2022

Where do I start ..From the very first time I met Mr Rath I was made to feel at ease ,he listened to everything I had to say and was very kind and patience. He arranged an MRI a week later and phoned me 3 hours after having the MRI ( at 6.30pm ) to explain the results and to put my mind at rest ..He arranged for me to be admitted to Walton Hospital 5 days later to have spinal surgery ..he also left a couple of voice messages to wish me well with the operation . I would highly recommended Mr Rath if anyone is looking for an orthopaedic consultant ..he is a very kind caring and professional gentleman definitely 5 star .

16th November 2022
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Glad to know you are doing well. Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. Please do remember the precautions and wish you speedy recovery. Merry Christmas and have a great festive time with your family and near ones. Kind Regards NKR

Written by a private patient at Countess of Chester Hospital
31st October 2022

Excellent Guy

12th November 2022
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Thanks you for your kind words. Kind Regards NKR

Written by a private patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital
26th October 2022

I attended a consultation with Mr Rath earlier this year due to limited mobility of my right arm and shoulder together with nerve related pain down my right arm into my hand. Mr Rath was very supportive, realistic, clear and caring regarding my condition and my available options following further investigations. I consequently underwent a multi level ACDF to my cervical spine (C3 to C6) in June to address all of the issues found. An additional and potentially serious issue was also found with my C3 vertebrae during the surgery and was immediately addressed. Mr Rath is an incredibly talented surgeon. The scar on my neck is very small and follows the natural crease of the skin making it hardly noticeable at all. Mr Rath and the Grosvenor Nuffield team did an amazing job taking care of me and making me feel comfortable throughout the entire process and my follow up appointments. The surgery stopped the nerve related pain and saw some mobility improvement almost straight away. My mobility and strength has gradually continued to improve since. I can't thank Mr Rath and the Grosvenor Nuffield team enough for what they've done for me and would recommend their expertise and services to anyone!

12th November 2022
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Glad to know that you are recovering well and the arm symptoms have improved. Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. Wish you speedy recovery. Kind Regards NKR

Mr Narendra Kumar Rath was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

I am an orthopaedic deformity spinal surgeon at “The Walton Centre” Liverpool and have developed NHS satellite service at Countess of Chester and North Wales to provide care closer to patients home.

My initial spinal training at University Hospital of Wales was followed by, higher training at the prestigious Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic hospital Oswestry.

I was awarded masters in Trauma Surgery and have been academically very active with multiple international presentations and publications. I am a member and regularly participate with British Association of Spinal Surgeon, British Scoliosis Society, Spine Society of Europe, and British Orthopaedic Association.

I am interested in all aspects of spinal surgery and my clinical practice involves spinal disorders including cervical neck pain, myelopathy, radicular pain, sciatica, stenosis, spondylolisthesis and deformity correction.

I specialise in Keyhole and minimally invasive spinal surgery.

I am very approachable and social person. I like to travel and enjoy hiking with family.

NAN miles