Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

I am an orthopaedic deformity spinal surgeon at “The Walton Centre” Liverpool and have developed satellite service at Countess of Chester to provide care closer to patients home. My initial spinal training at University Hospital of Wales was followed by, higher training at the prestigious Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic hospital Oswestry. I was awarded masters in Trauma Surgery and have been academically very active with multiple international presentations and publications. I am a member and regularly participate with British Association of Spinal Surgeon, British Scoliosis Society, Spine Society of Europe, and British Orthopaedic Association. I am interested in all aspects of spinal surgery and my clinical practice involves spinal disorders including cervical neck pain, myelopathy, radicular pain, sciatica, stenosis, spondylolisthesis and deformity correction. I am very approachable and social person. I like to travel and enjoy hiking with family.

20th October 2019

Mr Rath explained my scans thoroughly to me. He is extremely knowledgable in his field of practice and also has a lovely bedside manner. At first I was unsure about his decision not to go ahead with surgery, but three months down the line, he made the correct decision and I am on the road to recovery. Must also thank him for recommending pilates to me, only wish I’d done it sooner. Thankyou Mr Rath for your reassurance, your caring attitude but mostly your professional knowledge.

19th October 2019
Written by a patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital

Mr Rath, is a professional consultant surgeon who has greatly impressed me. He patiently explains diagnoses, answers questions clearly and gives the patient all the time they need to be comfortable in understanding the medical condition and the treatment plan. I would highly recommend him to other patients.

18th October 2019
Written by a patient at Countess of Chester Hospital

I was diagnosed with cervical melothopy May 2019 and referred to Mr Rath to manage my care . Mr Rath is an excellent surgeon who genuinely cares for your well-being. He explains your condition and management plan clearly , listens to your concerns and answers them so you can understand without needing a medical degree. I had a cervical discectomy on the 6 th September at the Walton Centre , Liverpool which is an excelllect hospital for its specialism and well-being towards its patients. Mr Rath was with me pre, post operation to ensure I was ok and even came in on a Sunday to explain a concern I had . If you are in Mr Rath care you will be in safe hands , 6 weeks post operation and everything has gone to plan . Thank you ! Steve Brayley

10th October 2019
Written by a patient at Countess of Chester Hospital

I saw this delightful surgeon today . He was very pleasant in his manner towards me . He sat and explained everything very clearly . I came away with full knowledge of my condition . I have truly had very bad exoeriences in the past with certain surgeons in the nhs .So therefore it is very hard for me to trust . But as said a delightful man and very thorough .

11th October 2019
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to explain everything to you and I was so some help to you. Please do not hesitate to contact if you do need further assistance. Kind Regards NKR

7th October 2019

The care I received from Dr Rath was excellent, he explained the surgery in good detail before op and was professional throughout my stay. He checked on me after surgery and even phoned in the evening/day after to check on my progress.

7th October 2019
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Thanks for your kind words. Hope you are recovering well. Please do remember the precautions I mentioned and do not hesitate to contact us if you do have any concerns. Wishing you speedy recovery Kind Regards NKR

NAN miles