Mr Narendra Kumar Rath was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2024 for delivering outstanding care.

Written by a private patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital
20th June 2024

At age 82 with severe leg pains I consulted Mr Rath. Following my MRI scan he identified that I had a cyst alongside my spine L4 region which was causing all my leg pains. Following an operation by him the pains in my calf and hip joint area all disappeared. Six weeks later I was able to be discharged. Mr Rath listened to my problems with great care diagnosed the correct treatment and successfully operated on me. A total success. I cannot recommend Mr Rath high enough.

Written by a private patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital
8th June 2024

Well what can I say about Dr Rath, he was absolutely incredible with my Dad who was bed ridden and in excruciating pain with a herniated disc and compression on his sciatic nerve. In April 2023 Dr Rath performed micro surgery on my Dad's herniated disc to release the trapped sciatic nerve. His care and attention made us feel that we had definitely chosen the right specialist. His abilities are second to none and my father went into his operation in a wheelchair completely unable to walk and came out 2 hours later walking. If your looking for an advanced and experienced specialist who cares about your health then Dr Rath is definitely the person to go for. On the day of the operation Dr Rath kept in touch with me and even phoned me after the operation to let me know how it went which I greatly appreciated. I can't thank him and his lovely secretary Linda enough for helping my Dad in an extremely difficult situation for him and me and allowing him to have his life back. I Would definitely recommend Dr Rath a thousand times over. My Dad is able to walk and do jobs in the garden ( within reason ) and he is back to living his life ❤️

Written by a private patient at Spire Yale Hospital
31st May 2024

November 2023 I celebrated my 80th birthday. Beginning of December I was in acute pain and unable to walk. My Gp treated me for sciatica I was on very strong painkillersand the NHS hospital wait was 9 months for an appointment. I could not do anything. January 2024 I was seen by Mr Rath at the Yale Spire , by this time I was only able to walk with a mobility trolley, I was advised to have an MRI scan which showed that I was suffering from Stenosis of the spine, and the best option for my condition would be an operation. On April 19 2024 I had a L4 -5 Decompression surgery by Mr Rath at the Spire in Wrexham. I was treated throughout with dignity and care, and everything was explained to me. The operation was a success, I am pain free and able to walk again. My sincere thanks to Mr Rath and his team for the excellent care I received.

2nd June 2024
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Amazing to see you recovering well and enjoying what you like to do!!! Enjoy the summer and keep walking. Best Wishes NKR

Written by a private patient at Spire Yale Hospital
11th May 2024

Being in pain through the winter 2023/2024 and unable to Walk due to disc problems I telephoned Spire hospital Wrexham to put me in touch with a consultant, I am very pleased to say I saw Mr Rath. After having a MRI, Mr Rath explained the best procedure for my condition would be surgery and said he would get me walking again which I was very pleased to hear. In a matter of two weeks I was operated on and the care and attention I received from Mr Rath and his team and the staff of Spire Wrexham were first class. After first seeing Mr Rath I was shuffling along on a walking frame five weeks after my surgery I was walking without any aids, as Mr Rath said before my surgery he would get me walking again and he did. Thank you all,

12th May 2024
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Glad to know you are processing to full recovery. Mobility is important so continue enjoying your walking and enjoy the summer!!! Thank you for the kind words and I will let Team Spire know. Best Wishes NKR

Written by a NHS patient at Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery
26th April 2024

Mr Rath was outstanding from the very first appointment to saying goodbye until my next review. He gave very clear instructions and didn't use jargon, which automatically puts you at ease, as your not left wondering what am I having done. All the team were outstanding, I felt at ease and was not nervous. My operation took longer than expected mainly due to my height and some facilities not appropriate but Mr Rath rang my wife personally to give her updates. His care and empath is second to none. I can only say how grateful I am to you after many years of excruciating pain you gave me my life back, to be able to enjoy playing with my grandson and family time means the world to all my family. I have no suggestions on how to improve the care as it was excellent. Thank you Mr Rath and your team.

12th May 2024
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Great to see you enjoying time with your grandson and family. Enjoy the summer !!! Thank you for the kind words. All the best Kind Reagards NKR

Mr. Rath is an Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon at “The Walton Centre” and specialises in KEYHOLE SPINAL SURGERY.

EndoSpine Clinic - mrrathsec@gmail.com

Trained in the UK, his initial spinal training at the University Hospital of Wales was followed by higher training at the prestigious Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic hospital Oswestry.

He was awarded masters in Trauma Surgery and has been academically continually active with multiple international presentations and publications.

He covers all aspects of spinal surgery including Back & Neck Pain, Sciatica, Lumbar stenosis, spondylolisthesis, and spinal deformity.