Mr Muzzammil Nusrath

MBChB,ECFMG CERT, MRCS (Glasg),BDS,MDS(Hons), FBADI (HON) FDSRCS ( Eng),FDSRCPS (Glasg),FRCS( Max Fax) Specialist Training: Sunderland,Carlisle,Newcastle and Middlesbrough Fellowships- Advanced Head and Neck Oncology Fellowship- Coventry Microvascular Fellowship- Dublin, Ireland Head and Neck Fellow/ Senior Registrar- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals JCMcDougall Fellowship- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA. TC White Travelling Fellowship- Dept of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore. Specialist Interests: Head and Neck Cancer, Cancer reconstruction, Salivary Gland, Facial reconstructive surgery, Craniofacial Trauma, Skin Cancer, Endoscopic Surgery, Robotic surgery

• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

7th April 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Mr Nusrath fills you full of confidence and determination. From my first consultation, when he assured me my cancer was treatable, I didn't doubt him at all. He gave both me and my husband all the pros an cons of the operation and told me that I might need chemotherapy or radiotherapy. In the event, Mr Nusrath and his team did such a good job that I needed neither and was back home in six days after the operation. He is so kind and considerate, thoughtful and caring , with a lovely sense of humour that I could not have wished for a better more competent person

1st April 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I was diagnosed with Oral Cancer on my tongue on 14/01/2019; Mr Nusrath led the entire procedure i.e. the consulation, the surgery and follow-up reviews. He has always been very caring and thourough with whilst explaining the treatment and my ailment; a very well spoken, kind and amiable individual who is clearly a master of his field. I knew from day one that I was in good hands; I would hate anybody to go through what I have experienced but if they anybody does have to go through it, I can not recommend Mr Nusrath highly enough. A true lifesaver.

19th March 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Without doubt Mr Nusrath simply epitomises the very best the medical profession has within its ranks. Professional, skilled, caring, understanding and compassionate are just some of the accolades which he so richly deserves. A charming gentleman who is down to earth without a hint of the haughtiness often found in his peers. The amazing number of long hours which he unstintingly devotes to the treatment and care of his patients is a lesson in itself. Weekend clinics at Mexborough to help reduce waiting lists are such a huge credit to this talented surgeon who is determined that each and every patient receives the very best of care that can be made available. I am simply so very fortunate, after rather slow initial diagnostic appointments and procedures, to have then been referred to Muzz (as he is affectionately known by staff and patients alike) for initial quite major surgery in July 2017. His care and interest has never ceased and still continues through numerous reconstruction operations. His liaison with other professionals, particularly at the Charles Clifford dental hospital, has been excellent. His medical staff clearly hold him in very high regard. Muzz needs and deserves the very best of the more junior doctors and dentists in his support with outstanding surgeons to whom he can delegate. A first-rate caring nursing staff at the Royal Hallamshire compliments and supports the wonderful work done there. I know that I will never find words adequate to thank Muzz for all he has done and continues to do for me. Without him life, if indeed there had been one, could well have been a total misery. To the contrary, after almost 2 years, I feel that I am now starting to emerge quite quickly from rather dark times. Anyone who is sadly in need of such expertise can have the utmost trust and faith in Mr Nusrath, simply the best.

12th September 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I was referred to Mr Nusrath in July 2018 with a diagnosis of stage 1 tongue cancer. Mr Nusrath has a very personal touch and the ability to bring the discussion down to the correct level which allowed me to understand the implications of my surgery and more importantly the short term next steps. He also did not rush the process and gave me and my family time to think it through and come back the following week with a list of questions to help me understand the future changes to me life. Mr Nusrath in his medical position is an extremely busy man, however, this did not stop him from taking the time to come and speak to me prior to the operation and continuously during my stay in hospital. His initial diagnosis and clear implications of the surgery were accurate and the outcome was exactly as we had discussed prior to going into hospital. My stay on Ward I1 at the Royal Hallamshire although difficult was made easier by the full team of professional staff that supported me during my initial two weeks in hospital. Overall Mr Nusrath is a very down to earth individual, makes you feel that he has a personal interest in your progress and can communicate at the level of the patient. When he went on holiday he left me his personal email and contact number should I have any concerns during his absence. On the occasion when I did email him a question the response was immediate to put my mind at rest. Looking back over this 3 month period I would without hesitation recommend Mr Nusrath to anyone with similar issues and feel fortunate that I was lucky enough to go through this process with a consultant with this outstanding level of professionalism. This approach has provided me with the confidence and positive attitude to move forward and commence my recovery.

20th March 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I’ve never had more faith and trust in a doctor than Mr Nusrath. He put me first throughout a whole four or so year ordeal and made it more than bareable. He went above and beyond for me and i will always be truly grateful. Highly recommend this caring, funny and extremely gentleman-like doctor.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »