Mr Muzzammil Nusrath

MBChB,ECFMG CERT, MRCS (Glasg),BDS,MDS(Hons), FBADI (HON) FDSRCS ( Eng),FDSRCPS (Glasg),FRCS( Max Fax) Specialist Training: Sunderland,Carlisle,Newcastle and Middlesbrough Fellowships- Advanced Head and Neck Oncology Fellowship- Coventry Microvascular Fellowship- Dublin, Ireland Head and Neck Fellow/ Senior Registrar- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals JCMcDougall Fellowship- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA. TC White Travelling Fellowship- Dept of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore. Specialist Interests: Head and Neck Cancer, Cancer reconstruction, Salivary Gland, Facial reconstructive surgery, Craniofacial Trauma, Skin Cancer, Endoscopic Surgery, Robotic surgery

• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

12th September 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I was referred to Mr Nusrath in July 2018 with a diagnosis of stage 1 tongue cancer. Mr Nusrath has a very personal touch and the ability to bring the discussion down to the correct level which allowed me to understand the implications of my surgery and more importantly the short term next steps. He also did not rush the process and gave me and my family time to think it through and come back the following week with a list of questions to help me understand the future changes to me life. Mr Nusrath in his medical position is an extremely busy man, however, this did not stop him from taking the time to come and speak to me prior to the operation and continuously during my stay in hospital. His initial diagnosis and clear implications of the surgery were accurate and the outcome was exactly as we had discussed prior to going into hospital. My stay on Ward I1 at the Royal Hallamshire although difficult was made easier by the full team of professional staff that supported me during my initial two weeks in hospital. Overall Mr Nusrath is a very down to earth individual, makes you feel that he has a personal interest in your progress and can communicate at the level of the patient. When he went on holiday he left me his personal email and contact number should I have any concerns during his absence. On the occasion when I did email him a question the response was immediate to put my mind at rest. Looking back over this 3 month period I would without hesitation recommend Mr Nusrath to anyone with similar issues and feel fortunate that I was lucky enough to go through this process with a consultant with this outstanding level of professionalism. This approach has provided me with the confidence and positive attitude to move forward and commence my recovery.

20th March 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I’ve never had more faith and trust in a doctor than Mr Nusrath. He put me first throughout a whole four or so year ordeal and made it more than bareable. He went above and beyond for me and i will always be truly grateful. Highly recommend this caring, funny and extremely gentleman-like doctor.

5th July 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I first met Dr Nusrath (muzz as he is known by his colleagues) around december 2016 after i was referred to him from Mexbrough hospital where i was diagnosed with Ameloblastoma (a rare and vigorous tumor) i was scared to say the least but im the type to hold it all in but instantly he assured me that everything will be ok, although i felt much better i was still concerned. I was to have my right jaw bone removed and my fibular removed from my right leg and reconstruct me a new face with the help of some clever titanium plates that was specially made in america for my purpose. All this didnt really sink in untill i was on the operating table awaiting my 14 hour operation. A surgeon in my eyes is just the same as most of you that will probably read this a person that goes to a job then goes home with a wage and carrys ons with their lifes without a care for what else goes on, however in my case this is NOT what it was like, DR Nusrath now someone i would like to call a good friend was really supportive throughout the whole thing before i was operated on and even still now 4 weeks after my operation. When my operation was over at around 10-11 pm after a very long and what i belive to be very tiring 14 hour the first thing he did was call my wife to say i was doing fine and to say everything went as planned which he didn't have to do but did which my family thought was very caring, he also makes time for me in his busy schedule most times i dont even have an appointment. I have seen many doctors in my time not one of them comes close to muzz in lots of ways non of them have been as caring, supportive and well educated amongst other things as him. Even tho i have had extensive surgery if i dint tell you what had been done you wouldnt know and everyone is amazed and in disbelief. Although my journey is far from over and there is still months of recovering needed i feel very comfortable in what ive achieved with his help and Everything he said to me happend no lies or anything like that you get off other doctors if Anybody is awaiting an operation done by DR NUSRATH all i can say is belive in him as his word is his bond and i thank him on behalf of myself and my family, wife and kids im now a healthy 26 year old going from strength to strength. Highly recommend DR NUSRATH 100% and i hope the NHS appreciate what he does for his patients thanks for reading

24th March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I was referred to Mr Nusrath with what I thought was a mouth ulcer but it turned out to be a cancerous tumour in my mouth. It was a massive shock to me and my partner, but from the outset Mr Nusrath made it clear that it was treatable even though I was a mess. At each appointment he would talk me through the procedure to put me at ease and I suppose he gave me the worst case scenario which fortunately didn't turn out that way as I'm progressing really well. From the initial appointment to my operation it took a month and the care I've received from Mr Nusrath and hospital staff has been amazing and I can't thank the team enough. I'm so pleased to be under the care of Mr Nusrath, I trust him completely and knowing that I'm seeing him monthly puts my mind at ease. It's nice to be greeted with a friendly smile and handshake. Myself and Richard would like to thank Mr Nusrath and his team for getting me through cancer which I never thought I would get being fit and healthy. I know I've said this already but everyone has really been amazing.

2nd December 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

This is a great doctor explained everything to me before my successful operation,a very kind man that listened to everything I had to say and reassured me of the outcome.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »