Mr Mohammad Faisal

Mr Faisal qualified in 1992 from the prestigious Aligarh University in India. He then went on to complete his masters (MS) in Orthopaedics. He completed his UK training in the West Midlands, Sheffield and Warwick. He also did a one year fellowship in hip and knee arthroplasty in the UK and supplemented this with fellowships at world renowned lower limb reconstruction units at Mayo Clinic, USA and at Vancouver General Hospital, Canada. Mr Faisal has extensive experience in primary and revision hip and knee replacement especially minimally invasive hip replacement, ceramic on ceramic and uncemented hip replacements. Mr Faisal also performs hip replacements using the SUPERPATH technique which is a tissue sparing procedure allowing patients to get back their mobility quicker and walk unassisted the day after surgery and leave the hospital without the restrictions normally patients follow after total hip replacement. A SUPERPATH Hip replacement technique is designed to precisely reconstruct the hip without cutting muscles and tendons or stretching muscles that are important for hip function. Mr Faisal also offers customised total knee replacement surgery using patient specific instruments to streamline total knee replacement surgery according to patients anatomy. The Zimmer Patient Specific Instruments Planner is the next generation in surgical planning. The surgeon can preoperatively view the patient’s anatomy in its purest geometrical form to develop a customised surgical plan for each patient. Mr Faisal trained for one year in foot and ankle surgery and then went on to further gain experience at centres of excellence in France and Switzerland.He also has extensive experience in ankle arthroscopy, forefoot and hind foot surgery. Mr Faisal has been working as a Consultant in Lower Limb surgery at Warwick Hospital since 2008

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

18th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

What a marvellous man MrFasail is. He really puts you at ease and explains everything to you.He has a lovely bedside manner & so polite.

9th April 2018
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

Over the years I've been referred to several consultants for one thing and another; some have been great, others not so great. It's fair to say Mr Faisal is very much one of the good guys. He has a kindness about him, he listened, explained everything and was very reassuring, more to the point he just got how important it is to me to stay fit and active. I had my first hip and knee replacement in my late forties and despite the results being fantastic, I had vowed I'd never have another knee replacement! That was five years ago and I've just had my 2nd knee replaced by Mr Faisal and the team at the Nuffield Hospital. Surgery with a smile, I can't rate the Nuffield highly enough, from the minute you walk in, the care is excellent, it's a very relaxed atmosphere which puts you at ease. 6 weeks on and I'm progressing well; I have a good range of movement, I'm swimming and over the weekend managed a walk across the fields with the dogs. Early days, I'm not pain free but getting there; still lots of hard work ahead of me but I'm grateful to Mr Faisal for giving me back my mobility.

6th April 2018
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

Mr Faisal has performed a Superpath Total Hip Replacement for me. From the first consultation he fully explained what the procedure involved and I felt completely at ease and confident that he would look after me. Also his secretary kept me fully updated on appointment etc. I am amazed at how quickly I am recovering from this operation and I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Faisal and the Superpath Hip operation to anyone requiring a new hip.

27th March 2018
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

Well, what can I say, I feel fantastic. I have just had my 12 month review and everything is perfect. I could not have asked for more. I had needed a hip operation since 2009 but never having been in hospital in all my 62 years was absolutely terrified but it had to be done. My mobility was severely decreased and I could not even walk to the bus stop 5 minutes away. He was very professional, explained everything and totally put me at ease. I had a Super path hip replacement which takes a bit longer for the surgeon but recovery is much better for the patient as there is less muscle damage. I must admit that if I had had the operation sooner I'm sure that my recovery would have been even quicker but I now feel that I can tackle anything and that I have my life back all thanks to Mr Faisal, I cannot recommend him enough and if I ever need to have my left hip replaced I would not hesitate to go to Mr Faisal again.

21st March 2018
Written by a patient at The Warwickshire Nuffield Hospital

Well, what can I say, I have never been in hospital before in all my 62 years and never had any kind operation and to say I was petrified was an understatement. My right hip had needed a replacement since 2007 but I kept putting it off and putting it off - I didn't have any pain unless I overdid it in the garden or the house and I managed to find ways to move so I didn't irritate my hip. However, my husband and mother could see that my mobility had greatly reduced I couldn't even walk to the bus stop 5 minutes away. I eventually bit the bullet and in September 2016 made an appointment to see Mr Faisal - what a wonderful man. He immediately put me at ease and explained fully what was needed - a right hip replacement, depending on what he found it would either be a regular hip replacement or a Superpath - he explained that a regular hip replacement was easier for him (about an hour) but could be slightly longer recovery or a Superpath which takes longer for him ( about 2 hours) but quicker recovery for me as there is less muscle damage. I had sedation and an epidural and the first thing I wanted to see after the surgery was the clock to see what operation I had, I went down at 9.00am and it was now 11.45 - "Superpath" I thought - great! I have now had my 12 month review and all is well, and although my left hip may need replacing in the future my new hip will support it for the foreseeable future. I feel as if I now have control of my life again, I can walk with no limits and feel as if a weight has been lifted from me. I cannot thank Mr Faisal enough for everything and I must also give a think you to all the staff, from the nurses, catering and cleaning staff at the Nuffield in Leamington Spa who looked after me so well, nothing was too much trouble and they were all lovely. I would highly recommend both the hospital and more importantly Mr Faisal and if I ever do need to have my left hip replaced I know exactly where I am going.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »