mr-mohamed-hanief

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a patient at King Edward VII Hospital
25th September 2020

I was referred to Mr Hanief at the Parapet Breast Clinic King Edward VIII Hospital Windsor, in October 2020. My first appointment with him was to prove very reassuring. We have now reached the year 2018 and after a difficult few years (and five operations) Mr Hanief told me on Wednesday that I was now Cancer Free. This was wonderful news and I would like to express my thanks to Mr Hanief for his Professional Skills, Wonderful Care and Kindness and the Humour he has shown me over time(which I appreciated greatly) Mr Hanief made my road to recovery so much easier and I thank him SO VERY MUCH.

25th September 2020
Response from Mr Mohamed Hanief

Thank you for your kind words and appreciation for what we have done as a team at Parapet. During my post-op consultation, what I explained to you was that the cancerous tissue is free of margins, for which you have misundertood as "cancer free". We discussed the overall prognosis based on clinical evidence. If you have any queries, do get in touch with our breast care nurse and I am more than happy to discuss and reassure.

11th June 2020

Hearing the words ‘breast cancer’ can strike dread into the hearts of even the most stoic of people. In the hospital waiting room, you smile at other patients, quietly wondering what they’ve been through and what is in store for you. There is also apprehension about meeting the person who will treat you. Obviously, it gets pretty personal in the consultation room, so it is essential that you trust your surgeon. I am so thankful that I landed in the care of Mr Hanief. He is quietly spoken, gracious and sensitive. He has a natural ability to make you feel comfortable. He is direct and meticulous in his explanations and takes time to listen. Along with these attributes, Mr Hanief is a great surgeon. He removed my tumour with barely noticeable scars. He and his excellent team have carried me through a disturbing and emotional time. It is comforting to know that they continue to offer their support and keep a watchful eye over me. I will certainly be returning to Mr Hanief for reconstructive surgery.

10th June 2020

Hearing the words ‘breast cancer’ can strike dread into the hearts of even the most stoic of people. In the waiting room, you smile at other patients, quietly wondering what they’ve been through and what is in store for you. There is also apprehension about meeting the person who will treat you. Obviously, it gets pretty personal in the consultation room, so it is essential that you trust your surgeon. I am so thankful that I landed in the care of Mr Hanief. He is quietly spoken, gracious and sensitive. He has a natural ability to make you feel comfortable. He is direct and meticulous in his explanations and takes time to listen. Along with these attributes, Mr Hanief is a great surgeon. He removed my tumour with barely noticeable scars. He and his excellent team have carried me through a disturbing and emotional time. It is comforting to know that they continue to offer their support and keep a watchful eye over me. I will certainly be returning to Mr Hanief for reconstructive surgery.

23rd May 2020

Mr Hanief is a brilliant onco plastic surgeon and consultant and I cannot rate him highly enough. He is compassionate, empathetic, reassuring and informative; and from the beginning I was confident that I was in the hands of one of the very best cancer surgeons. He always had time to go through whatever questions or concerns I had. On the day of my surgery he visited me both before and after the operation and called me the following day to follow up. His work is brilliant, and I can’t actually see any scar on my breast. Mr Hanief phoned me as soon as my results came through, rather than my waiting for my appointment a few days later. He also gave me his number so I could call him if I had further questions or concerns. I can’t thank Mr Hanief enough for supporting me through what was a difficult time with total and utter kindness and professionalism. He is a truly amazing man.

20th May 2020

From the very beginning at my diagnosis he was open, understanding and empathetic. It is actually quite hard to put into words just how well looked after and cared for I have felt and continue to feel under Mr Hanief's care. He is an incredible surgeon, who I trust completely, I was very happy with the results of my mastectomy and the temporary implant that was put in. Even at that early stage the result was natural and comfortable. I had some complications resulting from the radiotherapy, Mr Hanief called me almost everyday to check I was OK, and check on progress. When it got to the point that further action needed to be taken, even with the complications of Covid-19 meaning he could not be the one to fix it, he referred me to another excellent surgeon and continued to keep in touch throughout. Mr Hanief is not only an amazing surgeon but also he genuinely cares about his patients. I feel incredibly safe in his care, and know I am being very well looked after.

« 1 2 3 4 »

I currently work as a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast and Reconstructive Surgeon at Frimley Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust where I provide both NHS and Private services. I am Breast Surgical Lead at Parapet Breast Unit, King Edward the VII Hospital in Windsor. My areas of expertise and special interests are in breast cancer, breast reconstruction, benign breast surgery, and family history assessment I attained MSc Honours in General Surgical Sciences from London University and completed higher surgical training in UK. I have undertaken further training at Paris Breast Cancer Centre in providing most effective treatment for breast cancer, while minimising the impact on cosmetic and functional outcome. I would be more than happy to discuss breast related problems and can be flexible with appointment times to suit those with busy lifestyles. Show less

Nearest Oncologists