Mr Moboladale Ojutiku

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

4th April 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Feel very let down by this Dr and do not feel he listened to me at all. I was essentially told there was nothing wrong with me despite being in debilitating pain each month and that 'pain is relative' and to just take painkillers (which I explained don't really help but he didn't listen). He told me I do not have endometriosis as my periods are regular (when I told him they weren't he just said that's not the information I have here and ignored me). The pain I am in every month stops me from being able to work or look after my child but apparently this is just normal. It took me months to get a referral from my gp to speak to a specialist and I have got absolutely nowhere. I am absolutely gutted that in this day and age women are being told that periods that stop you from functioning normally are normal. I have been discharged with nothing but a prescription for painkillers (which I know won't work and will upset my stomach), and still confused as to why I seem unable to conceive again despite trying for a year. He would not discuss my fertility concerns with me. I hope no other women have to experience the upset and frustration I am experiencing but whilst there are still Dr's like this practicing I am sure I will not be the last. Definitely would not recommend.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists