mr-mo-akmal-md-frcs

Mr Mo Akmal MD FRCS

8th June 2022

I was referred to The London Spine Unit after my physio suspected a back problem resulting in severely painful legs and difficulty walking. Dr Akmal arranged to see me quickly and an MRI confirmed his thought that I had spinal stenosis, resulting in pain when walking. He recommended a day-case operation to insert a small spacer between the vertebrae in my lower back, as he was confident that this would solve my problem. The operation was six weeks ago, and the results are truly amazing. I am back to normal, and I cannot recommend Dr Akmal and The London Spine Unit highly enough. Their professionalism and care throughout was absolutely excellent.

22nd March 2022

I can't thank Mr Akmal and team at the London Spine Unit enough for their help. I had a herniated disc in my back which was causing pain and restrictions. Compared to other offers of surgery (e.g. several nights in hospital), the day surgery and minimally invasive procedure were hugely appealing. I am now 3 weeks post surgery, have no pain and am recovering incredibly quickly if I compare myself to friends who have had a similar procedure. it was truly remarkable, straightforward and the team were kind, friendly and always helpful. very highly recommended!

12th January 2022

Right from the first contact Dr Mo Akmal made me feel that I could trust him with my back! He put me at ease regarding the operation and recovery. After the operation my progress has been amazing im able to cycle long distances again and its only been four weeks! I'm off all pain killers and able to walk properly again without pain or the strange type of limp that I used to have . Ive already recommended Mo to a few people, thats how highly I rate his expertise . Thankyou again for all you have done .

10th November 2021

After suffering with back pain for most of my 20s, I am so happy I found Mr Mo Akmal. I had many years of misdiagnosis and never really felt my condition was understood. After my first consultation with Mr Akmal I felt like he understood me and I knew I was in safe hands. We went through all of my options and after a year of treatment, decided it was time for a L5/S1 Primary Posterior Lumbar Fusion with Instrumentation. The whole process was really easy and straightforward and I was able to leave the hospital the same day. The recovery period was tough at times, but I can honestly say so worth it. The difference it has made to my life is amazing. I am now 4 months post-op, I feel incredible and am back to normal daily life without back pain. After suffering for so long, I feel like a huge wait has been lifted and that is all thanks to Mr Akmal and his team. All of whom were incredibly professional and kind. I would like to give a special thanks to Mr Akmal and Dr Lok for the reassuring phone calls during my recovery period at home - I'm not sure if they realise just how reassuring they were. I have no hesitation in recommending their services. Thank you so much.

One of London's Leading Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeons. Specialises in minimally invasive spinal surgery, Balloon Kyphoplasty, Cervical and Lumbar Disc Replacement, Lumbar Fusion, Laser Disc Surgery (PLDD), Spinal Injections, Radiofrequency denervation and Scoliosis. Treatment of neck pain, back pain, sciatica, spinal infection, spinal trauma, spinal tumours and degenerative spine conditions. Leading spine consultant at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and The Harley Street Hospital.

Short link to review Mr Mo Akmal MD FRCS: http://iwgc.net/eem4b