mr-mn-bittar

25th March 2020

I am a recently discharged patient of Professor Bittar, having had a video assisted VATS upper lobectomy and excision of lymph nodes for an adenocarninoma. Throughout my patient episode I have had complete confidence in Professor Bittar and his team at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. His pleasant manner and informative style helped me personally deal with my cancer in a positive way.

10th March 2020

From the initial consultation, I felt I was made aware of everything I needed to know about the operation I was to have (triple bypass), and the recovery period. If I forgot anything, or something new occurred to me, his Secretary, Mrs Rampley, was on hand to answer these queries. The operation went with as little drama as I could hope for. Mr Bittar checked up on my progress throughout those early days, and was sympathetic to my desire to get back home to be with my family for my recovery. So I was allowed home on the 7th day of the process. I have to say, at this point, that the nurses and other staff at Royal Victoria Hospital, Blackpool, were awesome! So friendly and approachable. So hard-working, but always there to offer the help I may have needed. Physio was introduced when I was ready, and was at a sufficient level to build confidence that my recovery was indeed on the way. I felt in good hands throughout this short spell in Hospital, thanks to Mr Bittar and the entire medical team.

21st February 2020

Mr Bittar was very considerate from the first consultation until the last. He explained what procedure was needed and what I could do to recover quickly after the operation. My experience within Blackpool Victoria hospital was first class and I would recommend this hospital to anyone needing a similar operation.

26th January 2020

I was diagnosed with lung cancer in May 2019. A Pre op meeting with Mr Bittar was arranged, for myself and family. I and my family were obviously scared and worried as it was quite a big tumour. Mr Bittar put us all at ease with his manor, he explained everything that would happen And to trust him. I cannot thank him and his team enough , The care and treatment from the hospital medical staff was amazing. I have now finished all treatment and have been given the all clear and have returned to work after 10 months. My eternal thanks to Mr Bittar and the entire team. God bless you all.

Written by a patient at Lancashire Cardiac Centre
18th January 2020

I had occasion to write to Mr Bittar today, as follows: Hi, tomorrow, 19 January, will be ten years to the day that you operated on me (quadruple bypass). Whilst I appreciate that you are a busy man, I just wanted to say thank you again for all that you and the staff at Lancashire Cardiac Centre did for me. I am now 72 years of age and still working, albeit part time. I doubt I would have been here but for your intervention. Thank you, again, sir. You are a very special man. Colin The care and reassurance during the tests prior to my operation could not have been improved upon. I saw Mr Bittar regularly both before and after the procedure and his presence alone was comforting. I was discharged from the Lancashire Cardiac Centre on day four. To sum up in one word, outstanding..

Mr MN Bittar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

Nearest Hospital Doctors