mr-mn-bittar

Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital
14th April 2019

I had an Aortic valve replacement and a coronary artery bypass grafting in January 2019 performed by Mr Bittar. I would like to thank him and all his team for the care I received, I cannot believe that this operation has made such a difference to me for my every day life and mobility. The experience when I had my first sneeze was a little traumatic and people should be aware of this. I required a procedure to reset my heart which was called atrial fibrulation which was carried out on the ward after my surgery and this was swiftly carried out.

Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital
13th April 2019

Mr BITTAR gave me a quadruple bypass in 2010 and he gave me a new lease of life immediately.The surgery was performed on a Tuesday afternoon and I was back home on Friday lunchtime.Having had discomfort for quite some time,after the operation I felt a new man totally transformed feeling wonderful. Mr BITTAR is an exceptional surgeon who communicates very well so that you know what is going to be done and he exudes confidence making you feel secure. Thank you Mr BITTAR for ALL you did for me I am grateful for you SAVING MY LIFE. Robert Dagnall.

Mr MN Bittar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

Short link to review Mr MN Bittar : http://iwgc.net/efjkb