mr-mn-bittar

26th March 2019

Professor Bittar is a charming and highly skilled surgeon, who readily fills you with confidence. He is supported by a fantastic multi-disciplinary team at Blackpool Victoria Hospital's Cardiac Unit. I cannot adequately praise the standard of care I received. When a routine scan revealed that cancer had returned again, I was devastated. A couple of clinicians had declined to do a biopsy on the tumour that was in very close proximity to my heart, because of the inherent risks. My future seemed very grim ........until I was referred to Professor Bittar. He showed me the scans and carefully outlined the 2 relevant operations I required, answered my concerns, subsequently inspiring me with hope and confidence. Ten days later, Professor Bittar performed a VATS wedge resection on the tumour in my left lung, and then after recovery time a VATS lobectomy on my right lung. This minimally invasive thoracic surgery has resulted in a rapid recovery, small scars and feeling amazingly well. Close regular monitoring through scans will follow. I will always be eternally grateful for the efficient and empathetic treatment/care I received.

13th March 2019

Aortic valve replacement surgery on 11 Dec 2018 at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. Mr Bittar and all his team were brilliant, everything was clearly explained at each stage and Mr Bittar came round every day to monitor my progress. It was very noticeable how much the team respected him and enjoyed working with him. Family and friends have commented how much better I am since the operation and I have Mr Bittar to thank for that, which I do wholeheartedly. O h I mustn't forget secretary Anne, what a treasure she is, thanks Anne.

7th March 2019

I had the unfortunate experience of suffering two heart attacks last year and was told that I would need a triple heart bypass. To say I was worried about it is an understatement and I did fear the worse. Thankfully Mr Bittar was my surgeon. His manner is calm and reassuring which is what I needed at the time. The surgery went to plan and thankfully I am here to write this review. If it hadn't been for this man I'm not sure I would be still here, so thank you for saving my life.

24th February 2019

From my initial meeting with Mr Bittar I had complete faith in his professional and compassionate approach. The double heart by pass was 100 percent success and feeling great 3months after op. The follow up meetings were intensive yet relaxed, even had a good laugh with him, brilliant.

Mr MN Bittar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

Nearest Hospital Doctors