Mr MN Bittar

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

24th February 2019

From my initial meeting with Mr Bittar I had complete faith in his professional and compassionate approach. The double heart by pass was 100 percent success and feeling great 3months after op. The follow up meetings were intensive yet relaxed, even had a good laugh with him, brilliant.

22nd February 2019

A wonderful doctor and human being ,he save my life and I have no scars to remember it by.I couldn't be more proud to have a patient of this man.

13th February 2019

Mr Bittar is an excellent surgeon, who has operated on me, not once, not twice but three times. He has performed an aortic dissection, and cut a wedge out of each lung to remove cancer. Mr Bittar has been knowledgeable, skilful and professional throughout. He listens and cares for his patients. Mr Bittar and his team have saved my life and for this I will be forever grateful. Vickie Foxcroft

29th January 2019

very attentive and thorough. x-ray bloods and doppler test can be done in one area and save outpatients time and a speedier result return to appropriate surgeon or doctor

Written by a member of staff at Royal Preston Hospital
28th January 2019

In regards to teaching, Mr. Bittar took time out in between patients to teach the method of interpretation of many cardiovascular investigations (x-ray, angiogram, echo etc.). Prior to this, no other clinic has offered or taken the time out to go out of their way and teach medical students in such a manner. I thank him for this opportunity.

Short link to review Mr MN Bittar : http://iwgc.net/efjkb