mr-mn-bittar

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

8th August 2019

If you are considering Prof. Bittar as your surgeon or already referred, then relax - you are in great hands. Having recently undergone CABG x 2 I have nothing but praise for Prof. Bittar and his team. This is not minor surgery and for the man off the street more than a little bit daunting. Prof. Bittar does everything to put your mind at rest and inform you as to what will be happening. He will give you honest answers to difficult questions and prepare you as best he can - having Anne (his secretary) at the end of the phone is a godsend. Immediately following surgery you are more than a little rough but having Prof. Bittar visit your bed ON A SATURDAY confirms you are getting great care. Little things like this and his attention to detail count for a lot when you are laid up in CITU trying to recover. As mentioned this is a team effort and I extend my thanks to everyone involved - you have given me back my life. Andrew Metcalfe

10th August 2019
Response from Mr MN Bittar

Dear Mr Metcalfe thanks very much for the feedback I am delighted that you are doing very well i wish you all the best MNBittar

31st July 2019

Professor Bittar and his excellent team carried out a quadruple coronary bypass on me with great skill and care. It had not been expected to be the easiest operation but with Prof. Bittar's skill and care it has been a success. The care afterwards by Professor Bittar, the entire medical team and the nursing staff at the Lancashire Suite at Blackpool Victoria Hospital has been first rate. Thank you all.

30th July 2019

Couldn't wish for better care at Blackpool Cardiothoracic center.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr MN Bittar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

Nearest Hospital Doctors